Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alpine Mustache
Jul 11, 2000

I did my first weapon augment on my Razzamataz, and got 'Ultimate Charge +5'. Is this typical for this weapon? I thought the upgrades were random but my butterfly edge has gotten painful break upgrades every time so far so i'm not sure if that is right or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brass Key
Sep 15, 2007

Attention! Something tremendous has happened!

Alpine Mustache posted:

I did my first weapon augment on my Razzamataz, and got 'Ultimate Charge +5'. Is this typical for this weapon? I thought the upgrades were random but my butterfly edge has gotten painful break upgrades every time so far so i'm not sure if that is right or not.

Each weapon has a set list of 4 upgrades. The first 3 are different for each weapon and the fourth is ultimate level +1 (I think). Modify weapon has a random chance to boost a weapon skill (up to a set point), unlock a new skill, or add a star to defense/crits/etc.

Butterfly Edge's skills are all break boosters so it's pretty great with a few upgrades sunk into it.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
FYI the upcoming Record Keeper collab is hot garbage at this point in the game's life especially not being a box set. Save your resources!

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Alpine Mustache posted:

Just know that Ultimate Charge adds at the beginning of every turn, not every action. I completely misunderstood that a whole back.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Which is better?
Cindy, Hermes, or wedge?

Edit: how do I beat the shadow echos? They are very difficult

Alpine Mustache
Jul 11, 2000

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Which is better?
Cindy, Hermes, or wedge?

Edit: how do I beat the shadow echos? They are very difficult

Hermes i think can last up to 5 turns for 2 orbs, and has more ability levels/upgrades than Cindy.
Cindy gets you haste and def. up, lasts 4 turns (and can be recast as soon as it wears off) but costs more orbs.
Wedge is good for haste on someone who gets in a lot of attacks on a single turn.

Question:
What is the best place to farm up 2-star augment materials? I know they drop from bosses but i haven't gotten any in a long time - mostly just 3-star. Is it better to spend materials from the Sicarius battle on them or farm them?

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

Alpine Mustache posted:

Hermes i think can last up to 5 turns for 2 orbs, and has more ability levels/upgrades than Cindy.
Cindy gets you haste and def. up, lasts 4 turns (and can be recast as soon as it wears off) but costs more orbs.
Wedge is good for haste on someone who gets in a lot of attacks on a single turn.

Question:
What is the best place to farm up 2-star augment materials? I know they drop from bosses but i haven't gotten any in a long time - mostly just 3-star. Is it better to spend materials from the Sicarius battle on them or farm them?

You get specific augment materials from different bosses. Everything except dark and light are in Chapter 4 Prologue and respawn instantly.

Alpine Mustache
Jul 11, 2000

So, how many Materials is it going to take to farm up fully upgraded copies of the two multiplayer weapons that are in the mp shop?

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

Alpine Mustache posted:

So, how many Materials is it going to take to farm up fully upgraded copies of the two multiplayer weapons that are in the mp shop?

I think 8 masteries for the last upgrade.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost

cirus posted:

I think 8 masteries for the last upgrade.

This is correct, and the X versions are amazing weapons. Here are the two that are currently out:

Varance fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Apr 15, 2017

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

How hard is it to pick up the mp?

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Nap Ghost

GreenBuckanneer posted:

How hard is it to pick up the mp?

1) It uses a separate stamina and level system, so it does not impact your single player outside of rewards making you stronger.
2) Most groups can clear 1* and 2* Sicarius in the first few turns, which will get you the first two levels for MP weapons with minimal effort.
3) Helping newbies in MP gets you an extra 100 magicite a day.
4) You can buy seeds from the MP shop each week. Occasionally you'll find things like summon tickets in there, as well.
5) If you've got maxed out characters with a 225+ deck, you might be able to take the 3* and 4* Sicarius fights after a bit of practice on 1* and 2*
6) First clears of the 3* Sicarius fights will get you 5 abil tickets each, for a total of 35 (including Tyro). First clear of the 4* Sicarius each week yields a summon ticket.

I recommend just trying it out and see how it goes. Again, 1* and 2* are not that threatening these days due to power creep. Tons of people in MP are using Royal Arms, Great Gospel and Ultima these days.

Varance fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Apr 16, 2017

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

These Echo cards from the Tera Battle event, along with the others, are they any good? These (besides hermes) are my only 5* cards for now.

I've gotten enough to easily 5+ star them, minus the Echo cards themselves, but that one seems decent. Or should I pass on leveling this Echo card?

Pulled a job card, got a dragoon and still 15 jobs left to pull. :sigh:

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Apr 18, 2017

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

GreenBuckanneer posted:

These Echo cards from the Tera Battle event, along with the others, are they any good? These (besides hermes) are my only 5* cards for now.

I've gotten enough to easily 5+ star them, minus the Echo cards themselves, but that one seems decent. Or should I pass on leveling this Echo card?

The cards are excellent for beginners and mediocre for veteran accounts if that helps.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

cirus posted:

The cards are excellent for beginners and mediocre for veteran accounts if that helps.

They're also nice if you need to farm for a specific kind of seed. Also if folks are curious, Terra Battle is a pretty good game and it's still actively developed.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

Solkanar512 posted:

They're also nice if you need to farm for a specific kind of seed. Also if folks are curious, Terra Battle is a pretty good game and it's still actively developed.

I gave up on TB when co-op multiplayer was introduced and was the only way to progress at the time. No one knows how to play, just like Mobius! At least Mobius lets me play with an AI team that actually plays better than most people. I've cleared literally every multiplayer quest with the AI.

Alpine Mustache
Jul 11, 2000

GreenBuckanneer posted:

The cards from this event are VERY easy to 5-star and there it's no reason not to really. Getting them to 5-star will have the ability level automatically maxed and you only need a handful of extra augment crystals to fuse for maxing the seed levels too.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Apparently from talking to others, they are pretty okay in MP and good for seed grinding as well, seeing as how they're so cheap to make.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Nap Ghost
Echoing Regen is very good for smashing a Sicarius's face in during break.

Here's 4* Ifrit getting spanked in a 3-man party:

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Apparently from talking to others, they are pretty okay in MP and good for seed grinding as well, seeing as how they're so cheap to make.

I saw on reddit that their power sits directly between a 4* and 5* sicarius card.

cirus posted:

I gave up on TB when co-op multiplayer was introduced and was the only way to progress at the time. No one knows how to play, just like Mobius! At least Mobius lets me play with an AI team that actually plays better than most people. I've cleared literally every multiplayer quest with the AI.

I haven't uninstalled it yet, but what keeps me form playing seriously is the requirement to grind the hell out of your characters to get them to the required levels for recoding. There isn't even a way to just dump EXP onto them like in every other game out there.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Got 4 copies of all the cards, currently working on grinding the skill seeds for grinding.

200k a gigantuar session is :cocaine:

especially since I have 85 tablets right now...

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Apr 22, 2017

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
Any idea what these marks are for, that you get at the end of the tower battles? Stuff like "adamanterripin mark"? Can we turn them in for something or what?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Solkanar512 posted:

Any idea what these marks are for, that you get at the end of the tower battles? Stuff like "adamanterripin mark"? Can we turn them in for something or what?

Those are just to keep track of how many times you've killed a boss.

Alpine Mustache
Jul 11, 2000

What is the difference between 3-star and 4-star fractals? And is there anything special to know admit which elements to use on which element cards?

Blorknorg
Jul 19, 2003
Crush me like a Blorknorg!

Alpine Mustache posted:

What is the difference between 3-star and 4-star fractals? And is there anything special to know admit which elements to use on which element cards?

I'm pretty sure the 4 stars will generally be more powerful in terms of the % of bonus it gives. The elements on cards seem to just mostly be that since some of the bonuses are enhancement to elemental damage you'd want them on the corresponding card type.

I use this as a guide, seems about right:

http://mobiusforum.com/threads/fractals-guide.1011/

Something to note: When you have a card that has all the fractal slots used and you use a new fractal on it you'll get a choice of what to keep and what to erase.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Finally got to the point where I've unlocked all the TB cards, got 4 of each type, leveled them each to 5* and got their skillseeds maxed out, and have summoned all the jobs I can (13? left though). So now instead I've hit a wall of "oh I need like 30+ crystals now to unlock more job panels and I am completely out" with no ability to spend more skillseeds.

(finished main story + events too)

Okay, so lets do MP then for the MP weapons!

*unlocks 3* wand/sword, can't unlock 4* versions because they aren't obtainable for now*

Well... guess I can login for magicite for now...

Alpine Mustache
Jul 11, 2000

Can the ultros/tonberry king/typhon cards be upgraded with normal fodder (if you get them to 3*) or are they different somehow because of the different order in the ability unlocks?
What if you use one of those cards to upgrade their respective gatcha cards? Will the 9999 unlock transfer over?

And how does the Gilgamesh cross-slash compare to the cloud: dissidia version?
I'm asking for a friend...

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

I think I've seen before that you feed the Gilgamesh cards into the Cloud one.

jwang
Mar 31, 2013
Ha, they're changing the job pull system. It will now mimic the JP system, where you pull it with your Greater Ability Summon. Peace guys, I'm out for good.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

What the gently caress why

Also new zone tomorrow

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

GreenBuckanneer posted:

What the gently caress why

Also new zone tomorrow

Yeah this is probably the worst change ever implemented. If you are close to finishing the regular job pool you should probably finish it so you don't pull Warrior on your GAS.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

cirus posted:

Yeah this is probably the worst change ever implemented. If you are close to finishing the regular job pool you should probably finish it so you don't pull Warrior on your GAS.

It's six tickets either way, though. At least on the Greater Summon, you get other cards alongside the crappy job pull. This is more a crappy change for the people who wanted to keep their unpulled jobs list small so that they could get the good jobs as they released. On the other hand, I think I like this version for myself since I have enough decent jobs already and this way, I'll always be drawing with a chance at legendary jobs. Super lovely for new players, though.

Alpine Mustache
Jul 11, 2000

It all depends on what the job pull average rate ends up being and if they will make Magicite farmable too.
Guaranteed job card on your 8th pull is no consolation if the average is only 1 in 7 anyway.

If the job pull rate is decent enough, I actually generally like being able to get cards and jobs in the same pull.

jwang
Mar 31, 2013
At this point, my advice would be to hoard for Super Monk. Once you get that, you win at everything.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Nap Ghost
For those who are actually bothering with the Trainee Monk job they just gave us or any of the Gacha monks, keep this in mind:

Trainee Monk and Monk can use Monk and Warrior abilities
Pugilists can use Monk and Mage abilities
Grapplers can use Monk and Ranger abilities

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Nap Ghost
Lightning Returns for this month's JP update, with an Lightning ultimate ranger skin for Wol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shFPih0PMoU

Also, a Sazh job for Wol (Cocoon Aviator): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zx5HEecovnQ

Varance fucked around with this message at 04:55 on May 4, 2017

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Varance posted:

Also, a Sazh job for Wol (Cocoon Aviator): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zx5HEecovnQ

...Wol is in black face. That seems problematic.

Waldean
Apr 27, 2005
Its a ranger ultimate, not Meia.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Nap Ghost

Waldean posted:

Its a ranger ultimate, not Meia.

Fixed, sorry. For some reason I thought it was Meia-specific like the Aerith ultimate skin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waldean
Apr 27, 2005
This is like the Cloud and Sephiroth ultimate skins, where it's not the usual Wol character but actually using the Cloud/Sephiroth/Lightning models, and you choose the actual job that's being used under what is basically an overlay.

• Locked thread