Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alpine Mustache
Jul 11, 2000

Is there any way to ensure you get at least two life orbs in the first round when starting a multiplayer match? Starting with only one guaranteed can be problematic, especially for three-star fights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

Alpine Mustache posted:

Is there any way to ensure you get at least two life orbs in the first round when starting a multiplayer match? Starting with only one guaranteed can be problematic, especially for three-star fights.

Some cards like Regalia give +1 starting life orbs. Some weapons have +3 prismatic starter and White Mage custom skill is 3 heart starter.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Could get and develop a weapon with Prismatic Starter. That should give you three rainbow orbs at the start.

Edit: Or see above.

Alpine Mustache
Jul 11, 2000

Which weapons get prismatic starter? And which jobs do they go to? Dancer and white mage are my only support jobs at the moment.

Other than regalia, what other cards have starting life orbs?

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

Alpine Mustache posted:

Which weapons get prismatic starter? And which jobs do they go to? Dancer and white mage are my only support jobs at the moment.

Other than regalia, what other cards have starting life orbs?

I know Truescale Staff has it, but it needs something like 100 mods. I use Regalia and Lunafreya for starting orbs.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

At 10pm EST (why the frig so late in the day?) the Novice Hall opens

9 summon tickets, 888k skillseeds, and two 4* cards?

lol drat

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
I didn't realize the game was adjusting the announcement to my timezone. I also haven't tried to use UTC since PSO on the Dreamcast.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

There was a typo, apparently. I only got 8 summon tickets.

40 crystals though, and the two 4* cards were Ares and Siegfried and they were maxed for 4*s

Meow Tse-tung
Oct 11, 2004

No one cat should have all that power

GreenBuckanneer posted:

There was a typo, apparently. I only got 8 summon tickets.

The zone only gives 8 summon tickets, but to make up for our collective disappointment at this terrible typo, everyone gets a summon ticket!

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
Just a quick reminder that the Onion Monk is an Earth/Light defender for anyone who is looking to solo Ultima 4*.

Alpine Mustache
Jul 11, 2000

So, will this thing actually get me 2 extra starting actions in MP, or does it ignore a second identical buff?

Waldean
Apr 27, 2005
2 extra actions

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Is there still a discord channel?

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Probably not. I think most of the people active in the beginning of this thread have quit.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Is there still a discord channel?

The Reddit discord is still active. It's a shame this game doesn't get a lot of thread traffic. I think it's much better that Record Keeper and Exvius and I started day 1 on all three games.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

cirus posted:

The Reddit discord is still active. It's a shame this game doesn't get a lot of thread traffic. I think it's much better that Record Keeper and Exvius and I started day 1 on all three games.

I used to feel that way but at least exvius was up front about how lovely it was and then got better. Mobius' gacha just keeps getting worse and worse, both with event cards and job summons. I was so optimistic too, especially when they refunded people for the first FFRK collab cards.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Yeah I play every day but I mostly play record keeper now.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
The goon Record Keeper discord has a small but active group of Mobius players.

https://discord.gg/aXq84tB

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
For the second Anniversary, Mobius is getting a crossover with FF14. Ultima Weapon Multiplayer, FF14 Paladin legend job (Earth/Light/Dark warrior job, tanking with high BREAK, LB is Circle of Scorn) and a Y'shtola skin for mage jobs (auto-Haste/Faith, LB is that aether charge she does during the Heavensward storyline in Dravanian Hinterlands).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqyXu0SKpcM&t=2410s

Varance fucked around with this message at 00:46 on May 28, 2017

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I just want 48 tickets before August :/

F2p option looks like I'll have... Maybe 18

Alpine Mustache
Jul 11, 2000

Are my 4* Ifrit materials going to last until the next mobius day? I already have a bunch of red jewels in anticipation and want to upgrade/augment all of my Ifrit sicarius cards as much as I can, and waiting until mobius day would save me a bunch of materials.

If they won't last that long, will they at least get converted to quartz at the proper 3-to-1 ratio, or will we get screwed and I should just upgrade them now?

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

Alpine Mustache posted:

Are my 4* Ifrit materials going to last until the next mobius day? I already have a bunch of red jewels in anticipation and want to upgrade/augment all of my Ifrit sicarius cards as much as I can, and waiting until mobius day would save me a bunch of materials.

If they won't last that long, will they at least get converted to quartz at the proper 3-to-1 ratio, or will we get screwed and I should just upgrade them now?

The materials expire 7 days after your last run. Just make sure you do one run before Odin comes and they'll be ok until the 8th.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I just want 48 tickets before August :/

F2p option looks like I'll have... Maybe 18

I have 16 jobs left in that pool, and today's Mobius box got me to 60 saved tickets. That leaves me 2 months to get as close to 36 tickets as I can since I'm also F2P.

At this point I'm bored of the game and have no idea why I still bother. Collect all the things!!! might be all I have.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
Looks like the FFXIV cards aren't worth pulling for F2P. I'll continue hoarding for the anniversary cards.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

All I want is Judge Master job, hurry up damnit, I'm sitting on a mountain of tickets since the FF7 event

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
Welp Ultima Weapon is way too powerful for Global in its current state. They literally copied it from JP without any of the power creep over the past year.

Mobius is rapidly losing its luster for me.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

cirus posted:

Welp Ultima Weapon is way too powerful for Global in its current state. They literally copied it from JP without any of the power creep over the past year.

Mobius is rapidly losing its luster for me.

Yeah, that event is complete bullshit. The thing can't even be broken?! Why would you complete eliminate a primary aspect of the game with no warning?

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

Solkanar512 posted:

Yeah, that event is complete bullshit. The thing can't even be broken?! Why would you complete eliminate a primary aspect of the game with no warning?

I still haven't been able to beat 3* without dying to the final Ultima. I have fresh wall, barrier, full defensive stacks of every element, 11k HP on Devout with 6 defense stars and I still die. This is ridiculous.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

He's mad about how much of a joke he's become in FF14, he's coming over here where the heroes don't have any pesky mechanics to blast him with

Blorknorg
Jul 19, 2003
Crush me like a Blorknorg!

So if anyone still looks at this thread, it looks like on the 26th and 27th of June if you login you get free summon tickets and also one free pull of the super legendary pack tier per day. Not sure if you get the 6 bonus summon tickets each day but it seems like the pull will happen on both days. Managed to get Legendary Pugilist from my pack.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Pretty sure it's just the one pull

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Yeah I got a monk (legendary? Grappler, he has three elemental forms), who can use light/dark and Ranger, which would be great... except as far as I can tell the ability shop doesn't have aoe-mt light/dark monk abilities (or... really almost any monk abilities). Also no Lightstrike for ranger either :mad:

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
On my hyper summon, my 5* card was something called "Hollowfernyiges". Did one 4* card summon, and got another Hollowfernyiges. gently caress. So I had enough for one more, and what did I get? ANOTHER loving HOLLOWFERNYIGES. God drat! What are the odds. At least it could have been a useful attack and not a bog standard ranger area attack.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
Had my dog roll twice for me. She got Titan FFXIV, Bismarck FFXIV, 4* Ice Fist, 4* Earth Taunt, and 4* Chariot. Bismarck is amazing and completely trivializes MP.

Always have your pet roll.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I got Viking maxed out.

Eh.

I then pulled another hunter. 4 jobs left...Give me loving occultist already!

Blorknorg
Jul 19, 2003
Crush me like a Blorknorg!

If anyone still has any interest in the game, the anniversary event is going on this month. Basically they're vomiting summon tickets at you and 30 days of free normal summons. They've tweaked the way magicite drops as well so the daily quest now gives you 30 for example. Plus there's a free greater summon including the new crap available from the 2nd to the 5th.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

http://information.mobiusfinalfantasy.com/ne/2017/07/30/845850a4a6b34b4bb6c056efe950501d82851bfd.html

also a lot of huge massive changes to pump the brakes on the level of grind

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I might play past a cursory login if they are able to reduce the grind on cards and poo poo. I need a fuckton of crystals, more than I need summon tickets :\

That being said, I finally got occultist and last draw was Warrior. Finished the job summon...at least.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

all pleiades islands are going to be unlocked on mobius days now, that can be a big rear end help for crystals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I might play past a cursory login if they are able to reduce the grind on cards and poo poo. I need a fuckton of crystals, more than I need summon tickets :\

That being said, I finally got occultist and last draw was Warrior. Finished the job summon...at least.

They're apparently making extra skills easier to unlock and fodder will drop at ability level 2 on Mobius days. I'm cautiously optimistic.

• Locked thread