Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

goferchan posted:

gonna buy this tonight, hype . now that people have played through it is there an obvious best house for first play through?

the one you like. you dont get the full plot unless you play all of them anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cart Mountain
Nov 1, 2004

i leave the game running a lot in the background and also im really bad and slow at things. i just hit part 2 at 33 hours. im doing the edelgard path. the part 2 reveal was cool.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

I.N.R.I posted:

the one you like. you dont get the full plot unless you play all of them anyway

sweet can't wait . haven't had anything to really dig into on switch for a while

musclebusiness
Jun 30, 2008

ferdinand outfitted with dirty rusty iron weapons still nuking npcs with fancy new silver weapons ftw

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
if they werent poo poo at fire emblem then they wouldnt have to be npcs

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I'm an NPC.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The CG cutscenes look so loving bad lol

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

lol

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
My retarded leige

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

The CG cutscenes look so loving bad lol

the hole game is insanely ugly

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

My retarded leige

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
My retarded lineage hath borne a second horse. Even though I have never grazed in my whole life, my kingdom is now useless

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mysterious loyall X posted:

the hole game is insanely ugly

Hello, Hole Game.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

The Hole Game

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I.N.R.I posted:

My retarded lineage hath borne a second horse. Even though I have never grazed in my whole life, my kingdom is now useless

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's a shame real human beings got their hand on this script, I miss when every support story with a female character involved them baking 300 pies and then tripping.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

In Training posted:

It's a shame real human beings got their hand on this script, I miss when every support story with a female character involved them baking 300 pies and then tripping.

Ah, I see you've yet to level supports with Mercedes.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

drat the map at what I assume is the end of part 1 is epic as gently caress. Hell the last two months have been sick for the blue lions, and now I definitely wanna play the other two houses at some point.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Part II, and especially Blue Lions part II, is ftw. Im definitely gonna replay this when they add lunatic to try one of the other paths. they all seem cool

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
mensa works exactly like fire emblem
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u45VcYVmuTA

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
I found out last night that the weapon triangle is mostly gone (until lategame or sth supposedly) and Im a lil devastated tbh cause I felt super smart coordinating all the right weapons everywhere. Its ok tho sigh. Im glad horses and pegasi and big heavyarmors work the same. This games so good.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's a little lame that it's not there at the beginning but it just makes it more surprising when enemies Class Up and start using the triangle against you

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

I went easy casual and I regret it a lot now. I can beat any level by just letting enemies walk into Fortress Edelgard :(

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

the game is a bit too easy overall imo. I never play Lunatic but I might do so when it comes out

Pain Wizard
Mar 26, 2010

fisting by many posted:

I went easy casual and I regret it a lot now. I can beat any level by just letting enemies walk into Fortress Edelgard :(

not to worry, it's like that on normal too, and casual/classic doesnt matter when no one ever dies anyway.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hard is also really easy after the first few chapters, and im not really good at these games. your units get so powerful if you teach them the proper skills, maybe they balanced the game around everyone using the godawful Auto Teaching.

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
I went to the Ball ln it was amazing and everything I was hoping it woudl be... Im super into Ferdinand I hope he likes me back.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

i nwwd to finish this game and marry my loving angel marianne

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Does the game explain how item weight works anywhere and I missed it? I knew there had to be a downside to giving shields to everyone lol

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.

goferchan posted:

Does the game explain how item weight works anywhere and I missed it? I knew there had to be a downside to giving shields to everyone lol

Ppl told me it reduces your speed, which determines how likely it is to attack more than once when you fight somebody. (Not movement on the board)

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I don't think it ever explains it in detail. It might be mentioned in passing in one of the tutorials. If the total weight of your equipped weapon and your equipped accessory exceeds some fraction of your Strength score (I don't remember if it's one-third, one-fourth, or one-fifth), the excess is subtracted from your Speed to give your Attack Speed. So you're slower when using heavy weapons and shields, but stronger characters can use heavier gear without a penalty.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've only seen it explained in loading screen tips

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Bongo Bill posted:

I don't think it ever explains it in detail. It might be mentioned in passing in one of the tutorials. If the total weight of your equipped weapon and your equipped accessory exceeds some fraction of your Strength score (I don't remember if it's one-third, one-fourth, or one-fifth), the excess is subtracted from your Speed to give your Attack Speed. So you're slower when using heavy weapons and shields, but stronger characters can use heavier gear without a penalty.

Yeah it's 1/5 I looked it up! Is the only thing that matters with Attack Speed having 4 more/not having 4 less than the enemy so you can double attack or are there other thresholds that do stuff?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

goferchan posted:

Yeah it's 1/5 I looked it up! Is the only thing that matters with Attack Speed having 4 more/not having 4 less than the enemy so you can double attack or are there other thresholds that do stuff?

That's the only thing Attack Speed is for, but the same weight thresholds also affect evasion, which is derived from speed.

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Skylark posted:

I went to the Ball ln it was amazing and everything I was hoping it woudl be... Im super into Ferdinand I hope he likes me back.

Ferdie after the time skip has even better hair

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
Omg I got Ferdinand to join my house!!!!!! I am going to marry this man.... No idea what I want to do with him tactically, like what class I should make him or what skills I should focus on. But I know exactly what I want to do with him sexually.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

is Ferdinand the sleepy boy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

:sueme:

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

is Ferdinand the sleepy boy?

you're thinking of linhardt. ferdinand is the one who reminds you that his name is ferdinand von aegir every other conversation