Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShaunO
Jan 29, 2006

wasn't a goon going to build him a website i know people rag on him for not building the frog dog but what happened to all the kind goon folk who were gonna design him menus and build websites etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

they didn't get their kickstarter rewards

doobie is now devil

piled high

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

two forty posted:

This is a Good Idea.

I would do it but its probably illegal and I don't wanna get in trouble with the Postal Inspection Bureau or whatever, those dudes are hardcore.

Doobie's Doghouse
That Shity Cinderblock Shack
Across from Texaco/Subway
Reform, AL, 42069

yeah, it's not like you can drive three towns over and drop an envelope off with no return address at a post office from your car

what I'm saying is DO IT

aioli is just mayo
Aug 14, 2003

He has only forbidden to you dead animals, blood, the flesh of swine, and that which has been dedicated to other than Allah . But whoever is forced by necessity, neither desiring it nor transgressing its limit, there is no sin upon him. Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful
It seems like GBS has lots of ideas that then turn sour, we've come a long way from the days of swap.avi where everyone agreed there was a happy ending to their crowd-funding adventure.

pants in my pants
Aug 18, 2009

by Smythe

ShaunO posted:

wasn't a goon going to build him a website i know people rag on him for not building the frog dog but what happened to all the kind goon folk who were gonna design him menus and build websites etc

I'm pretty sure he told SA to eat a dick after he got all the money from old GBS. Now we have GBS in its current state. Doesn't really matter because Something Awful deathpool. (Or so I am led to believe. Long live SA!?!?!? eof ATH NO CARRIER)

e: oh wait your question was posed ironically so BELIEVE IN BOODGODS BRING JOY TO REFORM ALABAMA NONI MOVIE RIPOFF CHILDHOOD ETC HURP demodded fades to oblivion.

pants in my pants fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Jul 12, 2014

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Orkin Mang posted:

the catamite dollar
OMFG, dude you nailed it. 10/10.

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Jul 12, 2014

ShaunO
Jan 29, 2006

two forty posted:

I'm pretty sure he told SA to eat a dick after he got all the money from old GBS. Now we have GBS in its current state. Doesn't really matter because Something Awful deathpool. (Or so I am led to believe. Long live SA!?!?!? eof ATH NO CARRIER)

so did those goons just quit SA or kill themselves or.. ?

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

skaboomizzy posted:

yeah, it's not like you can drive three towns over and drop an envelope off with no return address at a post office from your car

what I'm saying is DO IT

make the return address the something awful hq.

pants in my pants
Aug 18, 2009

by Smythe

Frostwerks posted:

make the return address the something awful hq.

I mean its totally doable but how does one prove to The Something Awful Forums that they did the deed without a tracking number?

Moreover why would someone care to do so? FORUMS SUPERSTARDOM?

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

two forty posted:

Moreover why would someone care to do so? FORUMS SUPERSTARDOM?

i know now what i must do

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
lowtax make some stamps please

pants in my pants
Aug 18, 2009

by Smythe

Frostwerks posted:

i know now what i must do

Chip Block, All American!

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.

ShaunO posted:

Doobie basically washed his hands of all goon contact. There were some key idiots that felt it was their personal duty to directly engage doobie and besides being totally unfunny they tipped doobie off that most of the suggestions were done ironically and that he would be laughed at if any of them appeared.

I think a goon designed menu would have been a real plus to his actual business as well as a really loving funny photoshop thread

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ShaunO posted:

so did those goons just quit SA or kill themselves or.. ?

they all went back to reddit

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

ShaunO posted:

i think a goon drew the barn pic on his menu now, just that doobie told him "i got a feller to do this thanks anyway god bless" and that feller never materialized so he used it anyway without credit

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

Slipknot Hoagie posted:

did anyone write "doobs on dubs" yet? I didnt read the thread, but i think its good joke.

Yes

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
got to refix my kitchen
dogs not fresh, but quit bitchin
trisha rollin that doggy
got every man in here wishing
slippin on grease cuz she's dumb
im like so what? it's junk
dogs so freakin reekin
im gonna short on the bun

*to the tune of ignition remix by r kelly*

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
i still think we should get a GWS goon to open a shack up next to doobie.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Maybe he'll buy a jet-ski and a timeshare next

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
why didn't he make a hotdog boat shack?

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
The Sausage King of Reform

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Now it's been 17 summers since I've seen my mother

But every night I see her smile inside my dreams

Frostwerks posted:

got to refix my kitchen
dogs not fresh, but quit bitchin
trisha rollin that doggy
got every man in here wishing
slippin on grease cuz she's dumb
im like so what? it's junk
dogs so freakin reekin
im gonna short on the bun

*to the tune of ignition remix by r kelly*

So baby gimme that, "Frog dog"
And lemme give ya that "Get out"
Runnin' grease through the vent
Bouncin' checks on the rent
Truckers hot snacking on they radios

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Whats a Doobie and do I need one?

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

doobie is an idea

doobie is a way of life

it's being able to scrape through life with the least amount of intellect possible yet being completely unaware of it

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
I thought they were brothers.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

ShaunO posted:

Stone Cold happened

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
I'm hereby commissioning someone here with legitimate talent make a serious rendition in their own chosen style of artistic expression which will portray

General William Tecumseh Sherman

rolling through Reform, Alabama in a tank (a Sherman Tank, of course!...or maybe not?) burning everything in his path to ash and generally loving Doob's world up big time.

It's time to just move on and bury this dumbshit for good and i cant think of a better way to seal up the whole saga than creating a grand work of art to finally come to terms with the reality of the just what the gently caress we've all been almost equally bearing witness to for close to a year now, i dont care whether or not you actively enabled the event, my vision is for the final and definitive work to exist and function as an ideal and final counterpoint to the brilliant doob.gif and the contents of the original thread, both below.

:goon: :frogon: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3571910 :getin: :retrogames:

Give me black skies and finger-of-god Fujita 5 twisters on the horizon, faux-vintage Coca-Cola signs, a burnt out husk of a brown GM C/K Series truck with signs of once immaculately kept trim with secondhand craigslist chrome wheels, vent hoods, :obama:, gas stations, crosses, ragamuffin children obviously suffering from dysentery and dehydration as buzzards circle and stand beside them, names of major kickstarter supporters painted in ur choice of fluid of an organic origin, Xanta Klaus carelessly dropping an orange cafeteria tray of frogdogs onto a very out-of-place looking upper middle white nuclear family complete with a distraught goon man w/ sobbing wife an children, Fries. catsup mustard cola onions chilli and fritos all falling from the sky on alabama just like the stars themselves did once upon a time and creating massive catastrophic condiment floods and/or mudslides rapidly enveloping everything that isnt dead on fire or smoldering in the background landscape of Pickens Co., :btroll:, a 'closed' sign clearly visible on whatever remains of the doghouse trailer, doomed minorities and caucasians respectively looting/foraging the trailer park for valuables/survival goods in vain, and lastly the only figure left standing before and facing down Gen. Sherman is the Stone Mountain-esque flat affect visage of the mother of C.W.R.'s children in full crimson tide gameday wear posed like Molly Pitcher holding the arm of her incapacitated husband prepared to make the ultimate sacrifice for her Doobs and his very own crowdfunded American Dream that briefly bloomed like a corpse flower with a rare moment of strange and inviting beauty that captured the attention of thousands before subsequently swelling, drying up, and rotting away accompanied with the indistinguishably mephitic stench of decaying decades old bariatric american abdominal fat tissue that has its dense, porcine consistency completely scorched away in a few short moments to absolute nothingness shortly before liquefaction begins to occur in a manner which hasn't been witnessed by humanity since the fall Sodom and Gomorrah...something that could only be the handiwork of a wrath-filled old-testament YAHWEH.

I really see no need to go further into graphic detail. I would prefer to leave things as open ended as possible to grant you the creator as much artistic freedom as u feel is needed as i am merely just acting as a patron of the photoshop arts...just make sure the best stuff is the focal point like JC in the Last Supper or the falling baby in Hogarth's Beer Street and Gin Lane.

If u are actually willing to do what i have requested/outlined and sincerely consider to be a ambitious and purposeful undertaking please feel free to openly declare ur intentions and definitely do not feel inclined to rush things if by doing so u are trading in the integrity of your creation for something as petty as SA forums cred. just take ur time with it (but I am initially asking that all submissions be posted in GBS by Sep 26, 2014 to align with the one year anniversary of the original thread posting. feel free to make a new separate GBS photoshop type thread with a poll or something (and generally grab the reigns of the project) as it is likely the best way to present, share, and to discuss bringing this vision to life as well as explore the concept of Post-Doobieism.

Ideally if this actually takes off, the single finest work will be presented with the Poster's Choice Award which will likely be decided via open poll vote and be given a :10bux: minimum award of their choice of a platinum upgrade or change of username/avatar/acct for ur friend or SO (which is subject to change at this point), submissions will be reviewed/critiqued in the order that they are presented, obviously crude MS Paint stick figure type submissions clearly demonstrating a lack of talent and/or understanding are far less likely to be favored or ultimately awarded unless an overwhelming objective consensus can be established regarding its artistic merit or the truth within the expression itself.

:munch: :goku: :getin:

:arnie:

Mariana Horchata fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Jul 12, 2014

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

vent hood rich

naem
May 29, 2011

I GUESS THAT MEANS HE'S A HOOD RAT

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
doobie is love
doobie is life

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

James Polk
Jun 18, 2010

I was born in a farmhouse in Pineville, North Carolina
why did people give the hot dog man money? forgive me for just catching up here

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

James Polk posted:

because a mod told them to lol

pants in my pants
Aug 18, 2009

by Smythe

James Polk posted:

Noni posted:

A humble hotdog stand, of all the things in the world, could help this town. It could affect real change.

Hotdogs are hilarious. They're also universal, a sort of basic meat currency. And they're edible time machines. They bring us back to child-like states of glee and energy. If you eat a hotdog, you get to travel back to an age when you thought that anything was possible, you could do anything, you could become anyone.

Reform, Alabama could probably use a few hotdog-shaped time machines.

Chuck Tanner
Nov 10, 2012

by Lowtax

lol noni is such a loving moron

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
WHERES THE CAMBER

Phil Niekro
Jun 4, 2005

The Brown Menace posted:

vent hood rich

Phil Niekro
Jun 4, 2005

a mod repurposed a dark knight monologue and also said how nice it would be to eat hot dogs while thinking about goons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Guys, we gave money because we thought it would be funny to think about some unsuspecting person to go into a restaurant and be served a bargain brand hot dog with a piece of processes cheese fresh out of the wrapper. It doesn't matter that someone typed out a Batman message. Nearly everybody who put in $15 or less knew that this current circumstance is exactly what would happen and is what they wanted out of it. A few people being dumb about it does not mean that the vast majority of donors got exactly what they paid for.

Did we know that doobie would eventually place his dogs on comically undersized buns, that his wife would plum give out, or that doobie would consider a full order to be 8 Fries.? Of course we didn't, but everyone knew the dye they were casting and the path this would go down. Funding doobie was a brilliant move that has paid back low donating individuals several times over.

• Locked thread