Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I hope death stranding is just a walking sim where you come across weird cameos by people Hideo likes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
I hope Conan turns out to be a serial killer in the game like how they cast Robin Williams in Insomnia

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Wellcome to the Albion Empire, citizens of the moon. Death Stranding confirmed to be part of the Code Geass serie.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Conan is the baby

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/1039124902907793409

Oh boy

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
kojima should just do advertising, gently caress gaming. who WOULDN'T want to go see his new movie with a trailer like that?

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The baby is gonna do the string dance

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tangentially related, but uh, Lea Seydoux is in a submarine movie, Hideo Kojima's previous works featured multiple submarines, this could be good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xExzwSc4_eQ

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

JBP posted:

I hope death stranding is just a walking sim where you come across weird cameos by people Hideo likes.

Wasn't this what Massimo Guarini and Suda51 originally wanted to do with Shadows of the Damned? I still love that game though.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/PeterMolydeux/status/1008777626654298112

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

lmao

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
i once wrote a half-finished garbage screenplay which had an identical plot thread to Intersteller and the same kind of book pushing twist and i did it 2 years before that movie came out how much money will the nolan boys give me, peter.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

What a little bitch

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

You guys should probably take a closer look at the twitter name.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

not gonna lie I was stoked as hell for this but grew more annoyed with every trailer. just show loving gameplay for the next one, you bastard. I remember he said this would be out before 2019, lol.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

DLC Inc posted:

not gonna lie I was stoked as hell for this but grew more annoyed with every trailer. just show loving gameplay for the next one, you bastard. I remember he said this would be out before 2019, lol.

Still got three months of the year left and Kojima is a sneaky fucker so announcing a holiday 2018 release out of nowhere would be completely like him.

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.
He said it would be out before the Tokyo Olympics, which is 2020.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Peter Molydeux’s twitter is great if you haven’t browsed it before. Donut County actually happened because of a joke idea he made.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Steve Yun posted:

Peter Molydeux’s twitter is great if you haven’t browsed it before. Donut County actually happened because of a joke idea he made.

This joke account made more stuff real than the proper one.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Guillermus posted:

This joke account made more stuff real than the proper one.

This is a meme that only exist because Peter Molyneux are only know by console players by bad titles.

On the PC, Peter workerd with very impresive and influential titles.

Among others:

Populous (1989)
Syndicate (1993)
Theme Park (1994)
Magic Carpet (1994)
Dungeon Keeper (1997)

If you are saying the above are not important, I have to laught.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
I don’t think people make fun of Molyneux for making bad games, I think they make fun of him for overselling and overpromising.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Black and White was one of my favourite games when it came out.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Kojima has never made a bad game

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

WaltherFeng posted:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Tei posted:

This is a meme that only exist because Peter Molyneux are only know by console players by bad titles.

Among others:

Populous (1989)
Syndicate (1993)
Theme Park (1994)
Magic Carpet (1994)
Dungeon Keeper (1997)

I've played Theme Park, Dungeon Keeper (2 only a big) and A LOT of Black&White. I never said that he made bad games but 80% of the features he talks never got into the games.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Guillermus posted:

I've played Theme Park, Dungeon Keeper (2 only a big) and A LOT of Black&White. I never said that he made bad games but 80% of the features he talks never got into the games.

Yeah I agree he's full of poo poo, but the games were still good.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Never going to deny that. B&W got me busy for months before getting bored and theme park on my 486 was my "I'm tired of Doom, let's play something else" game for like two years.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

WaltherFeng posted:

Mgsv

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Best reviewed game of 2015

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

It wasn't even finished and it was still good

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
MGSV is the most enjoyable Metal Gear to play. It’s still a good game even if the story got neutered.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Tei posted:

Among others:

Populous (1989)
Syndicate (1993)
Theme Park (1994)
Magic Carpet (1994)
Dungeon Keeper (1997)

He lied about features in every single one of those, lol

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Kibayasu posted:

You guys should probably take a closer look at the twitter name.

aha. they got me.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Pomp posted:

It wasn't even finished and it was still good

Kojima tripped and fell and landed in a goty

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

acksplode posted:

Kojima tripped and fell and landed in a goty

I think it would be more accurate to say that Konami shoved him over and he landed in a pile of goty

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat
Remember when John Walker straight up asked Peter Molyneux, "Do you think that you’re a pathological liar?"

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

JBP posted:

Black and White was one of my favourite games when it came out.
I never quite understood why everyone loved this game because I could never get past one of the levels. Then I read years later that it was due to some glitch. :what:

And also:

WaltherFeng posted:

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

It makes me crazy not having more info about this game. The trekking across mountains looks awesome, it seems like you can go over almost any terrain.

It looked like there were player characters who were not Sam in the latest trailer (guy falling over in the river, and rock climbing), I wonder if there is going to be some element of business management? It seems like you can carry large loads and get those little hover trolleys to carry extra stuff, so it might be a risk/reward thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Gotta be good stuff! I don't see this not being drat good.

On wanting it in 2018, who has room for more games in their schedule there? I'm still on Kiwami 2, DQ XI unopened, they're piling up. Take your time Hideo.

• Locked thread