Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

just rust posted:

Could be fun and you might get a cultural ambassador job offer from MBS.

Not really keen on working with other goons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

slappin the knee

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

lol

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

just rust posted:

Someone should dig through match results and figure out who the Lineal WWE Kingdom of Saudi Arabia Champion currently is. Could be fun and you might get a cultural ambassador job offer from MBS.

If you subscribe to the only-TV-counts theory, it's kind of murky:
Owens beats Braun at Extreme Rules
Braun wins it back at Summerslam
Brock beats Braun at Crown Jewel
Seth wins it from Brock at Wrestlemania
Brock wins it back at Extreme Rules
Seth wins it back at Summerslam
Bray beats Seth at Crown Jewel 2019
Goldberg beats Bray at Super Showdown 2020
Braun beats Goldberg at Wrestlemania Pandemic Edition

So it comes down to how you grade the WYATT FAMILY SWAMP FIGHT, if that was a match and Bray won then it's Bray, if not it's Braun but the title is very damp.

But you should count house shows, because that's way funnier:
Kevin Owens won it off Braun Strowman in their cage match at Extreme Rules, 7/15/2018
Bray Wyatt wins it off Kevin Owens at a house show, 7/28/2018
Bobby Roode pinned Bray Wyatt at a house show, 9/1/2018
Ascension Konnor pinned Bobby Roode on Monday Night Raw, 10/1/2018

Konnor defended the belt once against Rhyno on Main Event two weeks later and has not had a singles match in the going on two years since, so he is the reigning, undefeated international crime champion.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Beautiful

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Peanut President posted:

If we're posting the hardcore belt

Did the actual thing have the tape with "WWF" written on it? all the pictures show it but I honestly don't know/remember if the real thing had it

I liked the hardcore belt looking like this. It fit the belt and the stories around it.

i.e It was a bullshit made up thing that the corporation gave to Mankind to keep him happy, and as such was just an old smashed belt gaffer tapped together. But as it grew into a proper title, (of sorts), that was legitimately fought over, its bashed up look suited the hardcore/garbage can wrestling in it's matches.

just rust
Oct 23, 2012

CarlCX posted:

Konnor defended the belt once against Rhyno on Main Event two weeks later and has not had a singles match in the going on two years since, so he is the reigning, undefeated international crime champion.

I am most pleased by this, thank you.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

BrigadierSensible posted:

I liked the hardcore belt looking like this. It fit the belt and the stories around it.

i.e It was a bullshit made up thing that the corporation gave to Mankind to keep him happy, and as such was just an old smashed belt gaffer tapped together. But as it grew into a proper title, (of sorts), that was legitimately fought over, its bashed up look suited the hardcore/garbage can wrestling in it's matches.

I mostly agree, but the brief period where they gave it to RVD and pushed it as a legit belt (Van Dam lost it to the Undertaker, of all people) it looked a little weird, not the least of which being because RVD having the belt was basically so he could do his normal match plus his chair spots, not a bunch of wacky trash can lid and crowd brawling spots.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
The current WWE belts

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008
Looking through these belts I think one of the factors that makes a belt good/lame is how much it would hurt to be smacked by it. Alot of these bad belts look like they're made out of construction paper and glitter and the better ones have a thick, heavy and chunky look to them.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I actually do like the current Intercontinental belt

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

JOHN CENA posted:

I actually do like the current Intercontinental belt

Same, kinda. I think the design is technically not bad and I liked it initially. Then I saw how it looked in photos and on TV and it's completely flat and drowned out to the point you can't really tell what it is. Someone should've caught that ahead of time.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i don't like any tumor/random piece of gravel shaped belts

cauliflower jones
Nov 8, 2009

Taintrunner posted:

Surprised nobody beat me to the most obvious answer:

Admittedly, I love how thick this piece of poo poo is. Champ belts should be thick as hell.

I never noticed the Eagle on this belt. WWE used to be big on Eagles.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://vimeo.com/88306046

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Cavauro posted:

i don't like any tumor/random piece of gravel shaped belts

This photo makes them look like they're tiny. And not like the AEW women's belt tiny, like 'belts for action figures' tiny.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, no frame of reference except for the table edge makes them look like they could be dinner plates or wrist wraps.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I really like the second version of the IWGP Heavyweight title, but it probably sucked to actually wear.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Shinyas belt.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I’d like to present belts from my country, the mystical Finland! We have, well, one really, but also a joint Nordic thingy.

The Frank Andersson Nordic Championship (formerly Valhalla Nordic Championship) belt looks pretty good in this promo photo of the current champion, the Finnish Stark Adder.

I also don’t dislike the basic concept. However, the middle plate is actually paper thin and it makes the thing look unfortunately super cheap when you see it in real life.

The one actually Finnish championship belt we have is the FCF Finnish Heavyweight Championship. Thankfully, it’s a nice one!

Here being worn by the current champion Ioni. Since it’s pretty much 100% gold plated (or whatever, I don’t know how belts are made) with engravings it sometimes looks a bit plain, especially in certain kinds of lighting, but it really is pretty up close and personal. It’s thick and big and looks heavy and expensive, like a proper championship should. Well done :)

Edit: oh hey found a photo of the two side by side

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Aug 9, 2020

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Stargate spinner belt badass

Big Queefy
Jan 27, 2013

This is a great thread.

That's it. That's the post

Captain Sheepy
Nov 22, 2013

My apologies!

IronCladBurrito posted:

I can't find bigger pics, but from Memphis in the early 80s:

AWA Southern Tag Team Titles, circa 1978-81. Later recycled as the CWA tag team titles around 1989.

Oddly similar, the AWA Light Heavyweight Championship:

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Captain Sheepy posted:

Oddly similar, the AWA Light Heavyweight Championship:

drat. It looks like it’s made of play-doh. Or like it might’ve had some detail about two dozen layers of paint ago.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

The then-champion Martivo customized the PWR All Out War belt (their hardcore title, basically). When someone finally won it off him the new champion (not this guy, I just picked the best photo of the belt) tore out the customizations, it was heartbreaking.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

That is clay, right?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Finally, a championship for me

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Why was this never RVDs belt?

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Delicious belt made from icing and fondant.

Possibly also Play-Doh

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

The CWA "World" title is one of the ugliest belts I ever saw

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006
Friday nights are for Wapner!

holy moley, that looks like a sheet cake you have made at the grocery store!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Der-Wreck posted:

holy moley, that looks like a sheet cake you have made at the grocery store!

Makes sense, the C in CWA stands for Cake.

Also, I wanna eat that cake.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

it looks like they painted over a license plate lol

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Local Minneapolis indy F1rst Wrestling have a bit of a theme going

Dimebags Brain fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Sep 2, 2020

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i think thats cool but if they're gonna have banners and stuff you'd think they would use pbr iconography. its a fine belt tho, if a little generic looking

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Dimebags Brain posted:

I love that second one even if it looks more like a boxing belt than a wrestling one.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

that second one is actually pretty nice especially as an individual trophy/award. i do like that we're trending towards people getting belts that are cool and fun to display as opposed to trophies that are fall hazards and just break when dad has a bad night and there isn't any more Pabst Blue Ribbon in the fridge

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Dimebags Brain posted:

Is that Arik Cannon's promotion?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Davros1 posted:

The CWA "World" title is one of the ugliest belts I ever saw

The plate aspect aside, I'm intrigued by the world this championship is representing. I can recognize the flags of Adanac and Napaj, but beyond that...