Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

resurgam40 posted:

I mean, it's possible... but as noted, it's a pain- a lot of savescumming and resources like emp grenades and bombs

A tub or two of protein powder (or a full stack of energy bars) + cloak + a string of non-lethal takedowns did it for me. I only used one EMP grenade for the bot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Yeah, the non-lethal strat is a cloaked Jensen running around the construction site frantically cramming candy bars in his mouth between decking mercenaries.

Whammiewazzle
Apr 29, 2016

My non-lethal run was just me tossing all the gas grenades I had hoarded and hoping for the best while using the stun gun and non-lethal takedowns on the stragglers.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
:siren:New Episode!:siren:

Let's Play Deus Ex: Human Revolution Episode 20 - The Dark Gumbly Arc

Sorry for the audio this session, it was hotter than the surface of the sun and I was dying

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Deus Ex: Human Revolution Episode 21 - Get In The Goop

Tong is really starting to chap my rear end, I can't lie

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
You wouldn't have had these problems if you've brought Gumbly along.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Reboot was awesome, Grace is right about mattresses, and of course something happens in a Shanghai noodle factory.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
ReBoot you say?

https://twitter.com/upandoutcomic/status/1423785948718895104

I think I still have a Megabyte toy somewhere in my parents' closet.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Danaru posted:

:v: How expensive are mattresses?
:goleft: About a grand?
:v: Oh my what the gently caress? OK, you're actually making GBS threads me? There's no way this is real. You're a loving liar.
:goleft: Seven or eight hundred dollars, probably.
:v: Seven or eight hundred dollars for a mattress; for a thing you sleep on?
:goleft: Uh, yah.
:v: Or I could sleep on the floor for free!
:goleft: And kill your back!
:v: My back? My back already hurts. 'Cause I lifted wrong for, like, ten years.
:goleft: I mean, a part of it is probably that though.
:haw:

BTW, secret to dealing with those big heavy-armour, heavy-weapon guys? The melee takedown move still works on them. You can unload a shotgun from point blank range and they'll shrug it off, but one punch and they're out. Or one horrifying arm-blade that comes out of your elbow for some reason. Either way.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Don't listen to Grace, he's in league with Big Mattress. Ext thing he will tell you to visit a chiropractor. Just sleep on a pile of dirt, like god intended.
Honestly though, having a good mattress is absolutely worth it. You spend a quarter of your live on it and back pain sucks a lot. It was kinda weird hearing how you didn't even know of the possibility that a mattress could become soggy and uneven with age. Also they're not quite that expensive. Randomly googling "price mattress Canada, it seems you can get good ones for 200-300 Canadian dollar.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Aug 8, 2021

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Apparently another reason my back hurts all the time is because I wore my shoes to dust so hard that they provide a net negative of support. Shoes are expensive for being overglorified foot mattresses

Let's Play Deus Ex: Human Revolution Episode 22 - Out Of Ammo And Ideas

Hey we start the Missing Link DLC which is now in the main game! It could have been implemented better!

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

I actually really like The Missing Link, but this first section where it's just stealth-killing a bunch of dudes and dying a lot is a real pain. Once you get off the boat though, it's pretty great. Except for how I always forget I don't have the no-fall-damage aug and kill myself at least once.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Deus Ex: Human Revolution Episode 23 - Not "Yep"

Whoops!! Accidentally made this a challenge run!!

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
Getting picked up and spun around by their partner is something gay gals can also enjoy immensely. It's so adorable.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

C'mon Dan, the battery you had to plug in was right there on the floor. It just fell out.

Can't really blame you for not seeing it in the hosed as poo poo design this section of the game has. It was better as a standalone because hooooly poo poo that inventory management and praxis stuff.

If I remember right, the game actually gives you a fixed amount of praxis points after you complete this part and that can be less than what you had going in. So that's fun.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Deus Ex: Human Revolution Episode 24 - Autosave

This is the last episode with the AC on. Fun fact, we're recording another game tonight and the entire province is in a heat warning :cripes: Please die, summer

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Wow. You made that look so difficult.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
It's a challenge run dammit :mad: it still counts if its accidental

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Grace and I didn't get to record tonight because it's seven million degrees and my AC can't actually keep up and I AM DYING. anyway here's a new one

Let's Play Deus Ex: Human Revolution Episode 25 - Booze Health

a

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Oh hey, it's Savage.

(UNATCO? No, Savage.)

Also when you checked the PDA by the door in the lab facility you scrolled through it real quick, but at the end it said "Reed project."

While you look for her Megan is just out there, doing crimes against humanity. You know, as you do.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Mikl posted:

Oh hey, it's Savage.

(UNATCO? No, Savage.)

Super shameful admission: If it weren't for that recut I legit would have forgotten Gary Savage existed.

Mikl posted:

Also when you checked the PDA by the door in the lab facility you scrolled through it real quick, but at the end it said "Reed project."

While you look for her Megan is just out there, doing crimes against humanity. You know, as you do.

And that's what gets me, everyone gets mad at ME for Regular Crimes while poo poo like this goes down :mad: I'm a good guy the lesser evil

Incidentally, a minute ago I uploaded the final episode, so I'm going to step up episodes to be daily :toot: For as long as I remember at least I'm very dumb

Let's Play Deus Ex: Human Revolution Episode 26 - The Robot That Spins The Things

Yes I do regret The Trade I made this episode but like ugh you'd expect unique stuff to be better

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

That trade is another thing that's less of an unmitigated trainwreck when you play the standalone version, because then it's actually a good gun to have.
They really spared every expense when shoving this part into the main game, huh? Couldn't even bother to rebalance the unique weapons to make them not terrible compared to your regular stuff.

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
Continuing the MGS themes, our ocean facility in the middle of nowhere, which serves as a front for some really shady poo poo, has its own Emmerich-type scientist. Shame it's one of the Huey-variety. "Weh, I'm involved in some of the most hosed human experimentation and wildly unethical poo poo on abducted victims imaginable, but I didn't know beforehand and it's too important so I'm just going to keep on doing it."

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Deus Ex: Human Revolution Episode 27 - Morally Obligated To Put You Down

So considering this DLC came out after the main game, they designed Burke to be stealthable and all that fun stuff, which is great! But also it makes him look like a giant loving baby compared to everyone else I had to cage match lmao get hosed you weiner

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

You know, when you said "remember when we fought the internet in that one game" I figured you were talking about Codexes in XCOM2 until you said you hadn't LPed it.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

I just noticed in this episode that you're sort of start-stopping to get close to mines without triggering them - do you not know about the "walk" button? It's only useful for disarming mines, but it makes them completely harmless.

Also, Invisible War is pretty great actually. It got a real bad rap for not being similar enough to the first one, but if you like HR and you're willing to put up with the frequent (but not particularly lengthy) loading screens, you should like IW.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Just to illustrate how rushed and unpolished The Missing Link was, and subsequently ported into the main game with not a single bit of effort put into it: Look at at Quinn's elbows during that last cutscene. They don't even connect to his loving model and the goddamn bright shining box behind him really highlights it.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Tiggum posted:

I just noticed in this episode that you're sort of start-stopping to get close to mines without triggering them - do you not know about the "walk" button? It's only useful for disarming mines, but it makes them completely harmless.

Also, Invisible War is pretty great actually. It got a real bad rap for not being similar enough to the first one, but if you like HR and you're willing to put up with the frequent (but not particularly lengthy) loading screens, you should like IW.

I do yeah, and I actually did hit caps lock to walk, but also I never remember the range it detects you at while walking so I just edge towards it because I'm so goddamn sick of getting blown up

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Deus Ex: Human Revolution Episode 28 - I Love Gumbly

Oh god having my augs back feels so drat good

Yvershek
Nov 15, 2000

and there are no
diamonds in the
mine
Dan was not 100% supportive of Gumbly in this episode. The t-shirts can be the only way to atone for it.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Deus Ex: Human Revolution Episode 29 - Huge Darrow

This Darrow guy kinda sucks rear end

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
Ah yes, the colossal scheming rear end in a top hat that was willing to shed an ocean of other people's blood being swayed by a 5 minute conversation pointing out he's being an rear end in a top hat resolution. Never satisfying that. At least he got some elbow swords to the lungs for his complicity in Gumbly's untimely demise.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

"Men like us, we never get back the things we love... like my skin."

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
It's amazing watching Dan be like "oh man I'm so low on ammo" after walking by all the endgame weapons caches meant to prep you for the boss fight, while still carrying two stacks of rockets (there are no more rocket launchers in the game IIRC.) For those who don't know, there are drawers under every one of the weird muscle mannequins in Jamir's boss arena with guns & ammo in them. In Director's Cut, there is also a fully upgraded laser rifle in an upstairs room if you aren't appropriately armed for the fight. Lots of the Omega Ranch lockers and the cargo containers outside Panchea have shedloads of ammo in them.

Adam impacting the ocean at ballistic missile speeds and surviving without explanation is jarringly game-breaking. Why not have a cool cutscene of him bailing out with his no-fall-damage aug?

Dead Reckoning fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Aug 20, 2021

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I've thought about that a lot too, my best guess is that originally Malik just dropped you off where you start the level, but then they wound up changing it (maybe so you dont have time to be like HEY MAGGIE SO WHAT THE gently caress WAS THAT poo poo). Then maybe they didnt want to make a smashed up LEO rocket model and just dumped Jenson in the drink.

Maybe the game being about :tinfoil: theories is getting to me, it was probably just let's get to the good poo poo, but it sticks out as a weird choice

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Dead Reckoning posted:

Why not have a cool cutscene of him bailing out with his no-fall-damage aug?
Well, you might not have it. That would be a bad choice on the player's part, but it's a possibility.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Deus Ex: Human Revolution Episode 30 - Found Him

This section is a whole lot more difficult when you're not an overly violent lunatic merry prankster

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Ahh, the last minute realization that they needed to give a choice of ending or it wouldn't be a Deus Ex game.

"Uhh uhh, gently caress! Um! Put in three buttons for the endings! No wait! Four!"

I never knew the laser worked through glass like that, what a hilarious way to cheese the boss. And honestly, the ending you picked is the only ending worth picking.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Humanity will have to look elsewhere for salvation. We can only hope that one day, we can be saved by Pizza Panda.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Geemer posted:

Ahh, the last minute realization that they needed to give a choice of ending or it wouldn't be a Deus Ex game.

"Uhh uhh, gently caress! Um! Put in three buttons for the endings! No wait! Four!"

The original Deus Ex (and, for all its faults, Invisible War) at least made you work for the endings. You needed to do lots of stuff before you could access them. (Or you could use a glitch and push the buttons through the wall, that worked too.)

Congrats on completing the game! Even though you missed the secret ending where it turns out to have all been Gumbly's doing. He was the secret leader of the Illuminati all along.