Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Kids are boring as gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

This was a very good post, makes me wanna look for other stories like this. poo poo's hosed up.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

AHH F/UGH posted:

Kids don't seem to "get" pro wrestling the way I do.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Jove Tone
Jan 12, 2006

If I die my idiot genes die with me

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
im gonna have like 40 kids

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

Yeah, babies EVERYWHERE

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

Looks like Utah might be up your alley.

Lliam
Oct 22, 2008

by Hand Knit

(and can't post for 8 years!)

It also said that they are all liberals, so liberals are a dying-breed. The "smartest" of people are also the most biologically unsuccessful go figure. With all the extinction traits they possess, evolutionarily speaking, homosexuals usually die off and don't pass genes as well. Go figure. The most biologically inept. drat. Science is hateful.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

The Bloop posted:

Imagine three olives at the edge of a cliff

Posting works the same way

*shoves*

Dont care if this joke was already done

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

KakerMix posted:

Yeah, babies EVERYWHERE

Christ I had forgotten about this image

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
Honestly I dont see how me bringing a child into this world would make me happy. Im not married, im single, and I am loving every loving minute of it.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Lliam posted:

It also said that they are all liberals, so liberals are a dying-breed. The "smartest" of people are also the most biologically unsuccessful go figure. With all the extinction traits they possess, evolutionarily speaking, homosexuals usually die off and don't pass genes as well. Go figure. The most biologically inept. drat. Science is hateful.

Whee! It's :biotruths: time. Tell me, what chromosome carries the liberal gene? We could isolate it in a lab to be reintroduced later in the event it does go extinct.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

AHH F/UGH posted:

lol no u

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Lliam posted:

Kin selection means if homosexuality is able to provide a sufficient evolutionary advantage to nieces/nephews than it wouldn't actually be selected against, evolutionarily speaking.

So uh, :biotruths: bullshit, but also you're :biotruths:ing wrong anyway.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Went to a nice restaurant today out on vacation and my 20 year old ordered chicken fingers, smh you dumb kid

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Your 20 year old is stoned, make him share.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Has this thread brought up backyard breeders yet? I feel like not a single person involved in the cottage industry of sweatshopping puppies and kittens is happy. Regardless of fancy purebreed or random mix they all seem like they got into it as a weird get rich quick scheme that they're helplessly beholdened to until the day they croak. Then their lil' furbabies skeletonize them when the kibble runs out.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
SMH at these dogs that don't even crunch their dead owners bones.

teen witch posted:

Not to mention the insane stigma there is around adoption in tyool 2021.

This is news to me, so if anyone would care to expand on it I would be very interested.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Kids are basically people, but a bit younger

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Weka posted:

SMH at these dogs that don't even crunch their dead owners bones.

This is news to me, so if anyone would care to expand on it I would be very interested.

(This is from a cursory search, I’m trying to find a specific article, so apologies)
https://redtri.com/%E2%80%8Bhow-do-we-break-the-social-stigma-of-being-adopted-national-adoption-month/

https://adoptioncouncil.org/article/breaking-down-the-stigma-of-foster-care-adoption/

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/beyond-blood/201205/stigmas-about-adoption-remain-and-hurt-families

Growing up and mentioning that hey, maybe I’ll adopt, I was met with a LOT of resistance like “but you won’t bond with the kid as well” or “you don’t know where they came from” or “why wouldn’t you want a kid of your own??”. As if adoption was a second rate choice for a “lesser child”.

I grew up with friends who were adopted, have taken care of kids who were adopted (and some with related issues surrounding it), older adults who went through foster care as kids, and saw how my mother’s friend went through the process of adopting her kids, and what that took. I myself am not adopted (despite what many people think), but most of us know people who were. And yet there’s still a weird vibe, mostly in person, that I’ve encountered when discussing the matter outside of a superficial “I’d like to adopt”. I don’t like that.

I’m also reading through the adoption situation in Sweden where I live now, namely the controversy surrounding Adoptionscentrum and child theft in Pinochet’s Chile. This is fairly good overview in English, but the first hand stories from SVT are loving heartbreaking. I understand the controversies surrounding international adoption and to where consent vs coercion play a role but seriously, what happened to these women and these children is hosed up. But…if I want to adopt in a few years, it’s something I need to fully understand, among other related things.

For instance, the hosed up situation with the Stauffer family. It’s loving heartbreaking, but something I gotta know about.

E: this is more of a word vomit than I expected

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

sebmojo posted:

Kids are basically people, but a bit younger

Also smaller. Small people

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Superman was adopted and he turned out alright

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
I'm physically unattractive, financially destitute and severely mentally ill, but not having kids is totally a lifestyle choice for me, for sure

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

WalletBeef posted:

When people with kids ask me why I don't have kids, I ask them why they didn't have 5 or 6 instead of their current amount (which is usually 2).

They proceed to look at me like I'm an insane person asking a ridiculously dumb question and reply with 'That's too many, too much work and wayyy too expensive. That's crazy!'

Then I reply with, well, that's how I feel about 1 child.

Hasn't failed me yet.

When I was younger and cared more, I would say something along the lines of "well, my mom has always been super loving & caring toward me because she always wanted me 100%, so if I can't want a child 100%, I have no business having one." Never mind that I wanted a child 0%. Not particularly clever or anything, but definitely truthful while also not really inviting further questioning.

Do it ironically posted:

The only time I ever hear about people being bugged about not having kids and having sick come backs that totally own that parent are on the internet and it’s clearly some made up scenario in their head

I tend to believe that they said what they said because I know that I've been bugged enough about it to have spent time thinking of a response that would get people the hell off my back -- the parental ownage is complete bullshit though.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

STABASS posted:

I'm physically unattractive, financially destitute and severely mentally ill, but not having kids is totally a lifestyle choice for me, for sure

You say that like it's ever stopped anyone

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Yeah we've all met your mom 🤣

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
I don't want kids because they have no idea how properly to handle vinyl records or that, actually, all of my action figures are for display only.

No. 6 posted:

What else is funny is that men seem to be judged MORE harshly than women in the matter (over 2 points worse on mean avg and 5 points for being childless).

This is true of nothing other than when men do anything or display any traits that are perceived as feminine.

Lliam posted:

I'm not sure if this is a troll post but you do know that homosexuality is a genetic trait that is passed on from the parents and you don't have to be gay to have gay kids? In fact, most people with queer kids are not themselves queer! There are all kinds of reasons people are gay and there's some discussion that it actually has an evolutionary advantage for families.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Troll post or not that is someone who really really wants to be both the underdog and domineering bully in every circumstance. Have they considered parenthood?

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

mind the walrus posted:

Troll post or not that is someone who really really wants to be both the underdog and domineering bully in every circumstance. Have they considered parenthood?

After having read that post and all the crap No. 6 is saying and as someone who is autistic, it's times like this that I am reminded that autism truly is a spectrum.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Kids poop their pants and laugh about it, why would you want someone that toxic in your life?? You deserve better, queen or king.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Son of Rodney posted:

Kids poop their pants and laugh about it, why would you want someone that toxic in your life?? You deserve better, queen or king.

You're thinking of goons.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Being able to blame a little kid for the poop smell is pretty darn convenient

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

I feel like a more accurate thread title would be "people with children just as miserable, more bitter"

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

KakerMix posted:

Yeah, babies EVERYWHERE

Someone had that as their avatar forever. I can't remember who.

My students will sometimes ask me if I have kids. I'll say "God, no! I hate kids!" Which of course will lead them to ask why I became a teacher. I point out that I like students. As long as they act like students and not kids, things are great. (Actually, I don't mind kids, I just don't want them myself...)

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

No. 6 posted:

I've gone back and forth on the idea multiple times in my life. My last relationship ended as a result of this topic. This lovely girl really wanted to have a kid. She was 38 and already had frozen her eggs to be sure she could at some point.

This is the biggest responsibility to which you can opt-in. It's important that my partner would align with my morals, ethics, and fidelity of reality.

Some of my questions:
-Is it ethical to create a new life? It's absolutely non-consensual on the entity intended.
-Why they personally want to have a child? Is it for the experience? If so does that require creating one or is adoption an option?
-How does one justify the carbon output? Even if a couple has a single child, there's still +1 human. Maybe zero is a better number for most humans?

For me, the topic of procreation is a conversation without 'right' answers but it's important that my partner at least consider these questions. It demonstrates ability to consider the greater impact of our actions. She told me she doesn't really think about these things and made clear that she feels it's her right and doesn't wish to discuss the nuanced ethics.

I truly believe she would make a lovely, caring, and warm parent. So why did I still have an issue? I need a partner with which I can develop a base fidelity. Having a lackadaisical towards ethics creates a conflict with that connection. This would be true for any future relationships.

I hope that this doesn't come across trying to sell one side of the argument. I honestly would love to have a loving partner, a family, and a caring environment I could grow. Sadly that is not the case as I've yet to find a suitable partner for myself. That doesn't mean others haven't. I only hope that everyone at least consider the impacts of making new humans.

You sound like a somewhat tedious person. Obviously you guys disagreed on the decision to have kids but you just come across as incredibly condescending with this post. You could probably have stopped with "we had differing ideas about having children" instead of vaguely intellectually belittling the person who has to carry the thing to term. Having a 'base fidelity' in a relationship is an okay thing to want, but you can still have a happy and healthy relationship without strict adherence to a defined code of morality.
I'm not trying to be mean but insisting your partner have detailed ethical discussions on your terms is very

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I asked the child why would anybody want to leave so quickly for? He then posited this question as a response, "Ophelia where have you gone?"

I got really pissed off needless to say.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Poohs Packin posted:

You sound like a somewhat tedious person. Obviously you guys disagreed on the decision to have kids but you just come across as incredibly condescending with this post. You could probably have stopped with "we had differing ideas about having children" instead of vaguely intellectually belittling the person who has to carry the thing to term. Having a 'base fidelity' in a relationship is an okay thing to want, but you can still have a happy and healthy relationship without strict adherence to a defined code of morality.
I'm not trying to be mean but insisting your partner have detailed ethical discussions on your terms is very

I've no idea how anyone reads what I said as belittling?

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I think the ideas are ok but the delivery sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
*picks u up in godly hand and places u by someone*

Disciple Breeder

*giant cow fartz on u*