Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

Jericho rules, AEW rules, Darby rules, The Inner Circle rules.

gently caress off Hager

yup

Good show, AEW continues to be good, really don't care to see any more of Britt Baker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Darby Allin is so goddamn good at wrestling

ThreeStep
Nov 5, 2009
gently caress that finish, the match was amazing until that halfassed run in. I figured Darby wasn't winning but I was still on the edge of my seat up until Hagar showed up and I just cooled off.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Well guys, that's ruled once again. I'm so glad to be enjoying wrestling so much again. Between this and New Japan, it's such a good time

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

CarlCX posted:

yup

Good show, AEW continues to be good, really don't care to see any more of Britt Baker

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Neodoomium posted:

I am not a big fan of Darby submitting. He should have passed out in the hold.

Didn't tap with his hands, that's good enough for me

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Darby is a superstar and my love for him is rapidly approaching Mox tier.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Darby rules so hard and has entered my T-Mobile Top 5 for best in AEW

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Scorpio Sky owns. Best Friends owns. Lucha Bros murdering Marko Stunt owns. Marko Stunt being used as a weapon by Jungle Boy owns. Riho Rihowns. Darby Allin owns. AEW owns.

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!
I would guess Darby insisted on being beat with a lion tamer rather than the judas effect.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Darby, Jericho, Mox, Pac and Omega could all realistically be my favorite wrestler in a promotion...and they're 5/6 dudes who wrestled in the second hour of this show

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

SamuraiFoochs posted:

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Jerusalem posted:

gently caress off Hager

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

https://twitter.com/BossMoz/status/1183419043006431234

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
That's how you make someone a star while losing. Goddamn.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

It's amazing how fast the two hours goes by. Actual engrossing wrestling.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

Darby is a goddamn star
I love watching him wrestle, I always want him to win, and he's cute as all heck, even though he's way too young for me.

Jerusalem posted:

gently caress off Hager
:yeah:

ChrisBTY posted:

This should lead to Allin vs Hager. With Allin winning.
Or Hager getting fired.
gently caress yeah!

Good lord, I haven't seen a wrestling PPV that good in forever and it was just TV!

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Owns

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

it was nice that the face didn’t look like an idiot

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

no baseball on tonight either so hopefully a bunch of people tuned in

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

I see nothing wrong here.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I love Foochs reactions to AEW they’re my favorite part of the GDT.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

https://uproxx.com/prowrestling/aew-darby-allin-interview-2019/

darby had a fun interview here

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
i'd like to say that Scorpio Sky in ripped skinny jeans, wrist tape and adidas was dope as hell

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

God I loving love him.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Mox made Shooter so it's gonna take a bit for me to get to that point with Darby but he's super great

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Low Desert Punk posted:

i'd like to say that Scorpio Sky in ripped skinny jeans, wrist tape and adidas was dope as hell

I am consistently amazed he was able to be so mobile in those jeans

Even Orange Cassidy uses spandex designed to look like jeans

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Jake Hager sucks (and the Fite stream chat I happened to look at before the show sucked even worse for similar reasons), but that was another really good wrestling show. AEW owns.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I have the very distinct feeling that Britt/Riho was on Dynamite because Britt isn't ready for PPV and they know it.
It seems to be becoming obvious that Private Party and Darby are the real standouts of their young talent and AEW knows it.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Is 1.5 too much to expect in terms of ratings? I don't think that it would be.

So many storylines from this show: Scorpio Sky stepping in and doing well so tension between next match depending on Daniel's status as to who SCU uses for the next tag match, Best Friends' growing frustration at losing to a makeshift last minute team (since they were expecting to face Daniels/Kaz), who stops Riho?, Mox vs Pac, Mox vs Omega with weapons, Allin possibly getting revenge on Hager for his interference, Audrey vs Penta and Jericho.

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

I like aew

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

GrimGypsy posted:

I like aew

:yeah:

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

TV Zombie posted:

So many storylines from this show: Scorpio Sky stepping in and doing well so tension between next match depending on Daniel's status as to who SCU uses for the next tag match, Best Friends' growing frustration at losing to a makeshift last minute team (since they were expecting to face Daniels/Kaz), who stops Riho?, Mox vs Pac, Mox vs Omega with weapons, Allin possibly getting revenge on Hager for his interference, Audrey vs Penta and Jericho.

seconding this. wasn't as great as the first two weeks but a lot of solid storytelling. if just being a solid, well built wrestling show is AEW's off week, that's incredible

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Hefty Leftist posted:

seconding this. wasn't as great as the first two weeks but a lot of solid storytelling. if just being a solid, well built wrestling show is AEW's off week, that's incredible

Really? I thought this was the best yet

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

xbilkis posted:

Darby caring so much about being champ is such a simple good detail

consistent character work

https://twitter.com/EverythingAEW/status/1184646552373075968

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

:allears:

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
I just wanted to say that it's so nice that they're putting in little details. Like PACs obsession with his win/loss record leading to him eating the pin rather than just losing because the other guy was DQed

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

This week, between AEW, NJPW, and NWA POWERRR, I am one satisfied customer when it comes to rasslin' :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

TV Zombie posted:

Given that last week's ratings settled at 1.05 I suspect it might be.
I think keeping at 1 million is the goal right now. Because sometimes popularity is about more than the quality of the product.
(Unless you're thinking baseball is what caused the drop, in which case I hope you're right).