Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Whoever said Cundiff would be a Jet is on the right track

Kimberley A. Martin ‏@KMart_LI
Confirmed #Jets worked out four kickers today: Billy Cundiff, Kyle Brindza, Garrett Hartley + Randy Bullock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Vertical Lime posted:

Whoever said Cundiff would be a Jet is on the right track

Kimberley A. Martin ‏@KMart_LI
Confirmed #Jets worked out four kickers today: Billy Cundiff, Kyle Brindza, Garrett Hartley + Randy Bullock
I was wrong. It'll probably be Bullock since Maccagnan has history with him. With Folk out at least 4 weeks they'll likely have to IR him as well. You dont use 2 roster spots on kickers for that long.

@Connor_J_Hughes
SOURCE: Looks as if the #Jets kicking battle is down to two: Garrett Hartley and Randy Bullock. Billy Cundiff, Kyle Brindza have left.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Whoa, I didn't realize Ryan Fitzpatrick went to an ivy league. Where did he play?

Jon Zimmer @NFLhistory
. @nyjets' Ryan Fitzpatrick (136) needs 2 TD passes to eclipse HOFer Sid Luckman (137) for most in @NFL history by @Ivy_Athletics QB

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

This is now the official Ryan Fitzpatrick STATS thread.

@NFL
Ryan Fitzpatrick is the 1st QB in NFL history to start and win against the same opponent (JAX) for 5 different teams.
Cincinnati in 2008
Buffalo in 2012
Tennessee in 2013
Houston in 2014
NY Jets in 2015

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Fitz is showing what the Jets would've been with competent, middle of the league, QB play for the 6 years before he got there and it's pretty drat depressing to think of all the wins they left on the table those years...

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

fsif posted:

Whoa, I didn't realize Ryan Fitzpatrick went to an ivy league. Where did he play?

Jon Zimmer @NFLhistory
. @nyjets' Ryan Fitzpatrick (136) needs 2 TD passes to eclipse HOFer Sid Luckman (137) for most in @NFL history by @Ivy_Athletics QB

Harvard

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Nail Rat posted:

If this is reduced to a fine it's a joke. He clearly finds the eye with his fingers, then inserts it forcefully, then walks away without any remorse or anything. Nothing accidental.
It certainly will be, because gently caress thr Chiefs.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I would have thought Fitz would have turned into a pumpkin by now. He still has his limitations, but he has actually been that mythical “steady competent” quarterback that teams with good defenses always insist they need to get them over the hump to the post-season. Give him Chan Gailey, excellent skill position players, and a good o-line and he can get it done, I guess.

Just wish he wasn't doing this on the Jets.

Ah. By the way, did Jimmy Graham play any other sports in college?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ozu posted:

This is now the official Ryan Fitzpatrick STATS thread.

@NFL
Ryan Fitzpatrick is the 1st QB in NFL history to start and win against the same opponent (JAX) for 5 different teams.
Cincinnati in 2008
Buffalo in 2012
Tennessee in 2013
Houston in 2014
NY Jets in 2015

That's a pretty neat stat.

But heck, just neat in general, there probably aren't many journeymen who've managed to lose to the same team on 5 different teams.

Trenchcoat
Oct 15, 2012
Trapped in the NFL, Quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick signs from team to team, putting right offenses that once went wrong, and hoping each time, that the next signing is the signing home.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

mcmagic posted:

Fitz is showing what the Jets would've been with competent, middle of the league, QB play for the 6 years before he got there and it's pretty drat depressing to think of all the wins they left on the table those years...

Eh, I think this year's Jets squad has a lot more talent on offense than in the past six years and certainly more creative coaching. He wouldn't have been any better than Sanchez or Geno in the days of Rex/Schotty when they trotted out Holmes, and Stephen Hill as starting receivers.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Jeremy White @JeremyWGR
Through Week 9 last year, 11 AFC teams had 5 wins or more.

Through Week 9 this year, 5 AFC teams with 5 wins or more.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

Ramadu posted:

Now what about Von miller? That was dirtier than anything Suh or Romanowski ever did imo smh

I don't think Von Miller ever snapped a dude's finger in a dogpile.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

NC-17 posted:

Eh, I think this year's Jets squad has a lot more talent on offense than in the past six years and certainly more creative coaching. He wouldn't have been any better than Sanchez or Geno in the days of Rex/Schotty when they trotted out Holmes, and Stephen Hill as starting receivers.

I did say they were much more talented before the season though no one really believed me but if you think they wouldn't have been better with Fitz than Sanchez or Geno you wern't paying any attention. The Jets got literally the worst QB play in the NFL during the time span.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

fsif posted:

I would have thought Fitz would have turned into a pumpkin by now. He still has his limitations, but he has actually been that mythical “steady competent” quarterback that teams with good defenses always insist they need to get them over the hump to the post-season. Give him Chan Gailey, excellent skill position players, and a good o-line and he can get it done, I guess.

Just wish he wasn't doing this on the Jets.

Squash

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Miami needs linebackers guards and cornerbacks before they'll ever put fear in the heart of the rest of the AFC east

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

axeil posted:

jordan hicks is out the rest of the year. :smith:

there goes his DROY award...
Cowboys fans were booing that injury because they thought he was faking lol

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Kalli posted:

That's a pretty neat stat.

But heck, just neat in general, there probably aren't many journeymen who've managed to lose to the same team on 5 different teams.

PFR only goes back to '99, but the most I could get was 4:

Kerry Collins lost to the Texans while on the Giants, Raiders, Titans and Colts.
Ryan Fitzpatrick lost to the Colts while on the Bengals, Bills, Titans and Texans.
Jason Campbell lost to the Patriots while on the Racists, Raiders, Browns and Bengals.
Jason Campbell (see above), Bruce Gradkowski (Bucs, Browns, Raiders, Bengals) and Brad Johnson (Racists, Bucs, Vikings, Cowboys) have all lost 4 times to the Steelers.
Josh McCown lost to the Rams while on the Cardinals, Bears, Bucs and Browns.

If week 2 had gone the other way Fitzpatrick would've been the only one at 5 losses to a single team. What could have been....

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

mcmagic posted:

I did say they were much more talented before the season though no one really believed me but if you think they wouldn't have been better with Fitz than Sanchez or Geno you wern't paying any attention. The Jets got literally the worst QB play in the NFL during the time span.

Yes, those quarterbacks sucked. But so did their receivers and what they were trying to do on the field. The results might have been marginally better with Fitzpatrick, but I doubt it.

brianschottenheimer.gif

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Ross Angeles posted:

I wish the playoffs were the Bengals, Browns, Chargers, Raiders, Bills, and Titans

Hm. Well, you know...I'm okay with this outcome!

Codependent Poster posted:

It's okay, Talib understands what he did!

Oh... nevermind.

Ah, that sounds like a line Elway would teach his dreadlords to say so I understand where he's coming from.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Ozu posted:

Hey the whiny racist who had his banner stolen has his Facebook feed public

https://www.facebook.com/david.l.se...2%3A%22R9%22%7D

This is funny because Cam almost certainly made more in that game than this guy does in a year

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

DO YALL WANT A HAM posted:

I like how he claims he was going to say that garbage to Cam but deep down we all know he's too much of a chickenshit pussy to even say anything.

Pretty much this. If anything he'd be emboldened because he knows Cam can't retaliate, but I guarantee you when he saw how big Cam was, he wouldn't do poo poo.

No bullshit, I really didnt appreciate how much a giant that man is until I saw him in person running off the field.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

fsif posted:

Quidditch

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

mcmagic posted:

yeah but geno hadn't been suckerpunched yet and I think it's fair to assume that with geno smith at QB, four clones of randy moss in his prime wasn't going to make an offense passable

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

N: @RapSheet
He’s back: The #Rams are expected to sign WR Wes Welker, source said. Working out final details now.

V:

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

I hate wishing he couldn't play but the guy shouldn't play :smith:

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
lol 2 steps short of dropping a "you do two days at Wal Mart, the day you go in and the day you come out."

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Ozu posted:

He’s back: The #Rams are expected to sign WR Wes Welker, source said. Working out final details now.

V:

let him die with dignity by having a good quarterback throw to him in the middle of the field. having nick foles put him down just seems cruel.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Ozu posted:

V:

So who wants to make the Wes Welker Death Watch/Betting Pool thread?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

OneWhoKnows posted:

I mean I'm glad the Niners won, but holy poo poo did Gabbert look mediocre at best. This would've been another loss if the defense hadn't stepped it up/Atlanta's defense was one of the weaker that the team has played this year.

OTOH

Winning Percentage w/49ers
Blaine Gabbert 100%
Steve Young 73.3%
Joe Montana 71.3%

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Spoeank posted:

OTOH

Winning Percentage w/49ers
Blaine Gabbert 100%
Steve Young 73.3%
Joe Montana 71.3%

Nice

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Things have coalesced for the Jets much better than most (myself included) thought. Most of TFF talked a lot of poo poo to mcmagic when he was celebrating a Ryan Fitzpatrick quarterback reign. Plenty of season to go, but early returns look like Mcmagic Was Right.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
There are some exceptions but pretty much any poster that all of TFF shits on for a dissenting opinion is a-ok in my book

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

The bills are going to "wallop" the jets

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Who even knows what the Bills are going to do week to week anymore

riht
Dec 13, 2004

i knew u were trouble when u tossed int
N:
Gregg Rosenthal @greggrosenthal
Jeff Fisher now detailing Rodney Harrison’s penalty history, and votes for dirtiest player. He has notes.

V:

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Intruder posted:

Have an article on deadspin about what their fans did during the game.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Intruder posted:

If they aren't playing an undefeated team, or missing a million starters, they'll probably win

BasicFunk
Feb 26, 2011

How's your Funkentelechy?

shiksa posted:

let him die with dignity by having a good quarterback throw to him in the middle of the field. having nick foles put him down just seems cruel.

http://www.thedrawplay.com/comic/collie/

Also, I love it when Cam does something noteworthy. I've seen a lot of people calling him a "thug", or "cocky, spoiled thug", or "cocky, arrogant, spoiled thug" today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Cam owns but he's also the kind of guy who thinks throwing a stolen laptop out a window is an effective way of hiding evidence

• Locked thread