Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/DanielMillerEsq/status/1790921043353190433

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

the episode of 30 Rock where pete is determined to make the 2012 election of Obama feel like the 2008 election of Obama

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the milk machine posted:

yeah Hillary is a great and gifted leader. she would be leading us to prosperity if we had only listened to her and realized it was her turn

This.

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

a fatguy baldspot posted:

like she’s probably actually a bitch irl. but would rather that plus competence in our highest ruling echelon rather than the senile pedo or the senile racist

Lmao

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

like she’s probably actually a bitch irl. but would rather that plus competence in our highest ruling echelon rather than the senile pedo or the senile racist

jesus christ

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
hey check this out: hillary loves palling around with both the senile racist and the senile pedo

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

When a leader's goals are to do genocide and destroy poor people, I would much prefer them to be incompetent.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

hey check this out: hillary loves palling around with both the senile racist and the senile pedo

That's a weird thing for a good and competent leader to be doing, which means you must be lying. But why?

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
Hillary's competence in our highest ruling echelon served her very well when she turned Libya into a failed state with open slave markets, and I can't wait for her to run again so she can do it here in the USA also

Cookie Cutter
Nov 29, 2020

Is there something else that's bothering you Mr. President?

Hillary would be saturation bombing Gaza right now if she was prez

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
I think bill is probably getting too old and frail to rape and sexually harass anyone so maybe hillary wont have the same bloodlust when she's elected in 2028

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Most qualified presidential candidate ever forgot how you get elected president

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
She was the most qualified person to be president, not become president

smdh you'd think hillary clinton never made a wish on a monkey paw before

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Coolness Averted posted:

Forever 50% towards becoming president every birthday but never there

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

it's about time we had some competent pedos and racists running this country I tell you what

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Coolness Averted posted:

drat just like henry clay

SgtMongoose
Feb 10, 2007

Remember, its the evil racist Republicans who are deceived and brainwashed by a propagandist media against their material interests. Liberals enjoy clear eyed media literacy and the honest truth tellers on MSNBC.

But at least when Hispanics and Muslims break for Trump in the election, they'll become honorary whites. Reddit Atheism will probably make a big comeback against those regressive religious fundamentalists who want to Holocaust all the good LGBT people and put women in burkas (the bad red ones like in my stories!)

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
holding two thoughts in my head, simultaneously: it would be cool if neither the democrats nor the republicans were in charge. also, hillary clinton should be the president

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

being competent at doing bad things is bad
ruining libya and the middle east is bad, doesn't matter if goofus or gallant does it

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

the milk machine posted:

holding two thoughts in my head, simultaneously: it would be cool if neither the democrats nor the republicans were in charge. also, hillary clinton should be the president

lol

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

FLIPADELPHIA posted:

All of your points are valid but I think you're missing my main point, which is that even if Dems pivoted to be more pro labor (lol) it wouldn't win back states that they were able to get 30 years ago. That doesn't mean they shouldn't do it or try, and I'm also not saying the democratic party isn't full of useless shitheads, I'm saying that even their good overtures don't result in winning over chud voters and often (very often in the case of OK) those overtures are actively rejected even when there is no downside to accepting them.

Performative rejection of no-strings-attached federal grants is something Republican politicians now regularly do as a means to win primaries and gain street cred for runs at higher office. No amount of "yes but Dems are terrible" (which is true!) will change the nature of the electorate, which is generationally brain poisoned by a heady combination of natural American contrarianism, loss of racially-based social privileges, and weaponized fascist media.

Could it be this performative rejection (I think the biggest example of this was the Obamacare Medicare expansion left to the states) is literally the republicans representing their constituents? Like that's what they promised to do and that's why they do it. They were elected to do exactly this.

Now if the democrats wanted to win over these people in these places, could they not simply eschew the means testing and just do things that benefit people without using the incentive structure of federal grants to coerce states into doing things? You don't have to have this crazy network of middlemen to bring things to people, you can just give everyone a check with your name on it. It doesn't have to be public-private partnerships in disadvantaged areas for three years.

But not is that not something they're willing to do, it's something so far outside the realm of possibility that you can't even consider the idea. Further, as others down the thread note, once this shift from blue to red occurs, dems stop running candidates down ballot in these places. That's abandoning them. They do this because there aren't any donations to extract, of course, but also because they don't have an ideology. They aren't running for dogcatcher against the republicans because the only difference between them and the republican (now incumbent) dogcatcher is that they're tied into a different, failed, fundraising apparatus. They hold the same beliefs and therefore don't offer any reason to vote democrat.

The democrats are not a political party because they don't have a party platform, don't have beliefs, aren't meaningfully different from republicans, and lastly are not trying to do anything.

ClassActionFursuit has issued a correction as of 20:30 on May 17, 2024

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

the milk machine posted:

Successful Green Party candidate Hillary Clinton.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

I ain't reading that ragebait, nice try

Kopmala
Mar 28, 2024
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!

Arizona is going to go to Biden. They have an abortion amendment to vote on.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Kopmala posted:

won't matter if he loses NV tho, in general if they lose NV they're probably hosed. this is like when Hilary was struggling to win VA in 2016. its a pretty terrible sign

ClassActionFursuit posted:

Could it be this performative rejection (I think the biggest example of this was the Obamacare Medicare expansion left to the states) is literally the republicans representing their constituents? Like that's what they promised to do and that's why they do it. They were elected to do exactly this.

Now if the democrats wanted to win over these people in these places, could they not simply eschew the means testing and just do things that benefit people without using the incentive structure of federal grants to coerce states into doing things? You don't have to have this crazy network of middlemen to bring things to people, you can just give everyone a check with your name on it. It doesn't have to be public-private partnerships in disadvantaged areas for three years.

But not is that not something they're willing to do, it's something so far outside the realm of possibility that you can't even consider the idea. Further, as others down the thread note, once this shift from blue to red occurs, dems stop running candidates down ballot in these places. That's abandoning them. They do this because there aren't any donations to extract, of course, but also because they don't have an ideology. They aren't running for dogcatcher against the republicans because the only difference between them and the republican (now incumbent) dogcatcher is that they're tied into a different, failed, fundraising apparatus. They hold the same beliefs and therefore don't offer any reason to vote democrat.

The democrats are not a political party because they don't have a party platform, don't have beliefs, aren't meaningfully different from republicans, and lastly are not trying to do anything.

a good post, and yea if the Dems tried to get good things to people directly they wouldn't be Dems at all. its straight up anathema to them as a whole, see the entire party blatantly knifing Bernie for trying to save the entire system from running off a cliff.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

ClassActionFursuit posted:

exactly. this is the party who inherited a pandemic and whose main spokesperson literally laughed at a reporter who asked "hey what if the post office just sent some covid tests to everyone, that seems pretty easy"

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Relentlessboredomm posted:

won't matter if he loses NV tho, in general if they lose NV they're probably hosed. this is like when Hilary was struggling to win VA in 2016. its a pretty terrible sign

a good post, and yea if the Dems tried to get good things to people directly they wouldn't be Dems at all. its straight up anathema to them as a whole, see the entire party blatantly knifing Bernie for trying to save the entire system from running off a cliff.

He’s 100% losing NV. The Dems haven’t don’t anything here except name the airport after Harry Reid since they’ve been in power.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

lol

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

advocating for clinton in 2024

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

HallelujahLee posted:

the dems in FL completely abandoned any actual fight just this year they didnt even do a primary (lol) and in turn ceded downballot stuff like multiple counties/mayors to the gop these past few months these were all in dem strongholds

they're entirely worthless and in many cases run almost identical freaks to the gop (they do however rail against 3rd parties like the greens)

Surely once the Republicans win even more and get everything they want, then everyone will flock to the Democrats.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Platystemon posted:

Surely once the Republicans win even more and get everything they want, then everyone will flock to the Democrats.

that seems to be their plan id prefer the democrats go the way of the whigs

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

the milk machine posted:

exactly. this is the party who inherited a pandemic and whose main spokesperson literally laughed at a reporter who asked "hey what if the post office just sent some covid tests to everyone, that seems pretty easy"

Inherited a pandemic and a vaccine, and yet still somehow managed to get more people killed in the same span of time as the last guy.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Platystemon posted:

Surely once the Republicans win even more and get everything they want, then everyone will flock donate money to the Democrats.

this is their actual plan and to be fair its working fabulously well for them

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

the milk machine posted:

i dont know if its funnier that she had that stupid as gently caress reaction, or that the dragging that followed is what caused them to actually do it

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

The Oldest Man posted:

i dont know if its funnier that she had that stupid as gently caress reaction, or that the dragging that followed is what caused them to actually do it

Politicians and their spokespersons being out of touch is mid.

Public policy via cyberbullying is much funnier.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Cookie Cutter posted:

Hillary would be saturation bombing Gaza right now if she was prez

"nothing will fundamentally change"

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Platystemon posted:

Inherited a pandemic and a vaccine, and yet still somehow managed to get more people killed in the same span of time as the last guy.

lol remember when joe or kamala said something like "if donald trump puts out this vaccine I'm not getting it, who knows what's in it"

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Kopmala posted:

You might want to check what's going on with regard to down ballot races vs Biden. Showing up to vote against the amendment and also not voting for Biden is a growth industry.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Doktor Avalanche posted:

lol remember when joe or kamala said something like "if donald trump puts out this vaccine I'm not getting it, who knows what's in it"

Independent fact checkers say that she didn’t actually say that because despite saying that, there exists CONTEXT and NUANCE.

I rest my case, Mister Chief Justice and may it please the court.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Republicans have already begun walking back the abortion stuff in races where they think it'll hurt them. The really savvy are even doing a "Look, I'm against abortion but this current law isn't the way to do it, so vote for me AND vote no on this abortion ban"
It's funny watching it short circuit dem brains.