Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

HallelujahLee posted:

advocating for clinton in 2024

I’m voting for Bernie!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

papa horny michael posted:

Lol people airdropping in to tell people not to vote for trump

I'm voting for Trump

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The Democrats will save democracy by keeping Trump off the ballot.

He’s not electable if you can’t vote for him.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Coolness Averted posted:

I think bill is probably getting too old and frail to rape and sexually harass anyone so maybe hillary wont have the same bloodlust when she's elected in 2028

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

cagliostr0 posted:

You might want to check what's going on with regard to down ballot races vs Biden. Showing up to vote against the amendment and also not voting for Biden is a growth industry.

fondly remembering when $15 minimum wage beat both presidential candidates in Florida

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

I love jesse's reaction.

Ted Wassanasong
Apr 8, 2020

ClassActionFursuit posted:

The republican primaries aren't rigged, OP

the dnc exists to keep leftism down in America while they openly support the republicans.

it was the dnc that gave America a republican majority in the Supreme Court.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
"it was a debate!"

MadSparkle
Aug 7, 2012

Can Bernie count on you to add to our chest's mad sparkle? Can you spare a little change for an old buccaneer?

Willa Rogers posted:

I love jesse's reaction.

grumpy cat lol

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

CubanMissile posted:

He’s 100% losing NV. The Dems haven’t don’t anything here except name the airport after Harry Reid since they’ve been in power.

IIRC the party got taken over by leftists and the establishment dems mutinied and ran off with all the money to form a party in exile, then recently took back power and kicked out everyone that people actually liked and are going hardcore never-do-anything-ever

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Relentlessboredomm posted:

this is their actual plan and to be fair its working fabulously well for them

I genuinely wonder how long this will work. I can't put myself in the mindset of being dumb enough to be a liberal and think "Sure, the democrats refused for half a century to codify abortion rights but I'm sure now that it's outlawed entirely they'll work ceaselessly to bring it back!" If I'm seeing civil rights just disappearing due to the republicans, why would I give money to the democrats when they're the ones who are supposed to be stopping this from happening? They're obviously not effective, why would I think my donation would change this? I just can't imagine anyone being that stupid but as you say, it's obviously working.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I'm voting for Trump

Same.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I genuinely wonder how long this will work. I can't put myself in the mindset of being dumb enough to be a liberal and think "Sure, the democrats refused for half a century to codify abortion rights but I'm sure now that it's outlawed entirely they'll work ceaselessly to bring it back!" If I'm seeing civil rights just disappearing due to the republicans, why would I give money to the democrats when they're the ones who are supposed to be stopping this from happening? They're obviously not effective, why would I think my donation would change this? I just can't imagine anyone being that stupid but as you say, it's obviously working.

Same.

Because as should be clear by now, Dems think everyone else but them is really, really stupid.

It's the particular logic of very stupid sheltered people who think they're smart, they assume everyone else is braindead stupid and thus easily fooled, but then assumes they also understand things in the exact same way that the spoiled idiot expects them to understand them. And they also care more about looking smart than they do about actually getting anything done.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

the milk machine posted:

holding two thoughts in my head, simultaneously: it would be cool if neither the democrats nor the republicans were in charge. also, hillary clinton should be the president

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Willa Rogers posted:

I love jesse's reaction.

lmfao

Eminent DNS
May 28, 2007

I'm voting for Hilary rodman Clinton

Eminent DNS
May 28, 2007

I didn't think it was her turn before but now I think it is

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Eminent DNS posted:

I'm voting for Hilary rodman Clinton

Hillary would never accept the position of rodman, chainman, or instrument-man.

She would settle for nothing less than party chief.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Because as should be clear by now, Dems think everyone else but them is really, really stupid.

It's the particular logic of very stupid sheltered people who think they're smart, they assume everyone else is braindead stupid and thus easily fooled, but then assumes they also understand things in the exact same way that the spoiled idiot expects them to understand them. And they also care more about looking smart than they do about actually getting anything done.

I still wasn't getting it until I thought about how Wile E Coyote had a payment card and enough engineering knowledge to create specialized machinery but was also dumb enough to consistently lose to a bird who wasn't trying to beat him

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I still wasn't getting it until I thought about how Wile E Coyote had a payment card and enough engineering knowledge to create specialized machinery but was also dumb enough to consistently lose to a bird who wasn't trying to beat him

Vaguely on topic, I'm pretty sure that the means testing bullshit is part of a common logical fallacy, which really needs a name, that something being more complicated makes it better.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

https://twitter.com/ChiCyph80/status/1791564726062702689?t=ZCdkD-zXziWBrDvrzrDvVw&s=19

Unskew unskew

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
lol that liberals have turned against SCIENTIFIC polling

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Vaguely on topic, I'm pretty sure that the means testing bullshit is part of a common logical fallacy, which really needs a name, that something being more complicated makes it better.

I think it's just neoliberalism. IMO the point of means testing is to make sure you're not giving government services to someone who might have the money to purchase that same service from a private corporation. If they don't means test, no company makes money off you, and that's the worst sin imaginable.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

I’m a disneyist sjw-trot and I’m voting for Trump

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Ghost Leviathan posted:

It's not a logical fallacy, it performs two vital jobs for any neoliberal. It prevents the lower classes from accessing the services and it provides jobs for rich people's children administering the system.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
It also gives an unnecessary political football to fight over, which in turn justifies the existence of a democratic party (in their lovely worldview).

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.

a fatguy baldspot posted:

like she’s probably actually a bitch irl. but would rather that plus competence in our highest ruling echelon rather than the senile pedo or the senile racist
not really sure which is biden and which is trump here tbh

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
it's time for the unironic Hillary Clinton supporters thread

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Ghost Leviathan posted:

IIRC the party got taken over by leftists and the establishment dems mutinied and ran off with all the money to form a party in exile, then recently took back power and kicked out everyone that people actually liked and are going hardcore never-do-anything-ever

Pretty much the answer to "Would the democrats Corbyned Bernie?" be a very strong yes.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

the milk machine posted:

it's time for the unironic Hillary Clinton supporters thread

will the bans stick this time?

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I remember the Berniecrat takeover of the Nevada state party being used to prove that electoralism works and that primaries aren't rigged.

And then the state party just said "oops you think you beat us democratically when we weren't paying attention, but no that's not allowed"

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
They're rebuilding a little, in that they've hired some organizers who are doing registration drives and getting volunteer teams, but then again the folks I know who do that for NV are also focusing more on AZ this year, so we'll see.

I'm not hearing about new volunteers and organizers, or folks from the union membership or berniecrats, I'm hearing it from folks who were already in the bag and did work 2016 - 2020 so we'll see what happens.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

BULBASAUR posted:

will the bans stick this time?

Considering the mods tried every option to please not have to follow through with the Hilltoxx bans last time

Lmao even remembering how pathetic it was

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009

The "But Biden's got so many rich donors!" is so stupid too. I double-checked it, but even just my casual memory was right that Hillary had double Trump's money and spent it all in 2016. Pretty sure it was literally in Poli-Sci 101 that TV advertising and money don't really matter, unless you don't have enough to get your foot in the door. After that the diminishing returns hit hard and it's all grift.

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

“hilldawg I told you we shouldnt frazzledrip this one, another project monarch success story”

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

The "But Biden's got so many rich donors!" is so stupid too. I double-checked it, but even just my casual memory was right that Hillary had double Trump's money and spent it all in 2016. Pretty sure it was literally in Poli-Sci 101 that TV advertising and money don't really matter, unless you don't have enough to get your foot in the door. After that the diminishing returns hit hard and it's all grift.

Not only did Hillary outspend Trump 2:1 burning through a billion dollars in the process, the narrative among libs to this day is that the Russians spent less than a quarter million on Facebook ad buys that won the election for Trump. So the lie they tell themselves in order to not believe that Hillary is unlikable is that the Russians are four thousand times more effective at campaign advertising. The best case scenario for them in their telling is that they absolutely cannot spend money effectively.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Sounds like Biden is good to go, as long as he doesn't become the face of mass genocide or runaway inflation or senility. smooth sailing baby

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I'm voting for Adlai Stevenson, the Hillary Clinton of yesteryear. It's his turn!

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Yeah but they didn’t do poo poo either before they got kicked out. And now we’re left with our senator making super cool ads about how she fought her own party to give more money to cops.

edit: I did however enjoy the DSA finally realizing how pointless it all is: https://lvdsa.org/2023/02/13/dempartyelection/

CubanMissile has issued a correction as of 20:21 on May 19, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

CubanMissile posted:

Yeah but they didn’t do poo poo either before they got kicked out. And now we’re left with our senator making super cool ads about how she fought her own party to give more money to cops.

edit: I did however enjoy the DSA finally realizing how pointless it all is: https://lvdsa.org/2023/02/13/dempartyelection/

the NSDP :raise:

quote:

We also want to shed light on what the admittedly disappointing relationship between LVDSA and the NSDP has been like for the last two years.