Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.
Chapter 237

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

drat, that felt good. Oga and Beel. :allears:

bondster
May 6, 2007

I hope I'm not the only one who read Oga's line on the last page and immediately had this come to mind.

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010

bondster posted:

I hope I'm not the only one who read Oga's line on the last page and immediately had this come to mind.

You're not the only one :allears:

This chapter really cements the idea that the series is going to end soon

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

bondster posted:

Guilty as charged.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

bondster posted:

yeah same

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

bondster posted:

Same here, but I'm pretty much always thinking about MGR music so... v:v:v

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

bondster posted:

Same for me as well.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

BurningDance posted:

Nah, this is just the final "battle". After this fight is over, the series is going to turn full-fledged 100% slice of life / rom-com.

JosephWongKS fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Jan 31, 2014

buzmeg
Jul 8, 2004
The Megg of Buzz

BurningDance posted:

Only if it ends next chapter.

Please. Oga isn't quite as bad a Saitama, but Oga kicks rear end in one chapter and then the story plows on to somebody else whose rear end he kicks in one chapter.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Aoi basically confessed her feelings to Oga, so that alone is a sign that the magna is going to wrap up.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Hunt11 posted:

Aoi basically confessed her feelings to Oga, so that alone is a sign that the magna is going to wrap up.

It's not over til he figures out that Aoi and glasses girl are the same person.

JD
Jan 11, 2003
This is dumb but can someone remind me who these too dudes Oga is fighting are exactly?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

buzmeg posted:

Only if it ends next chapter.

Please. Oga isn't quite as bad a Saitama, but Oga kicks rear end in one chapter and then the story plows on to somebody else whose rear end he kicks in one chapter.

I think of Beelzebub as a humor manga with fighting in it, whereas most shounen series tend to be the other way around. Oga's fight against Behemoth's son (who I forget the name of right now) was probably the most "serious" fight until this point, and he still won real fast just by literally "trying hard," with the manga even making a point to show (through the words of his opponent) that he wasn't accessing any sort of hidden power.

The author has had many opportunities to turn this into a typical battle manga with significant power creep, and fortunately he hasn't done so. I actually wonder if his editors ever attempted to push him in that direction, given how most other Shounen Jump series end up.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

JD posted:

This is dumb but can someone remind me who these too dudes Oga is fighting are exactly?

Satan

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Again, so far the most destructive power anyone has demonstrated is blowing up a decently sized building, ignoring Kaiju-Beel from way back (remember that?).

Plenty of power creep to go really.

sunburnedcrow
Dec 17, 2012
Chapter is out
I hope you guys like dragonball

booksnake
May 4, 2009

we who are crowned with the crest of wisdom
3rd panel of page 10 is perfect. :allears:

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL

sunburnedcrow posted:

Chapter is out
I hope you guys like dragonball
They know how absurd it's gotten and Oga owns up to it. It rocks.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Even as it becomes a fight it is funny. I can't believe anyone was worried about how it was becoming too serious.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Yeah I hope Beelzebub lasts for a while longer.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
They're wrapping the fight up awful quick for it to be the end, but the whole chapter is kinda set up like the series is being wrapped up. Aw.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I thought "wait he just looks like a dumb super saiyan now" and then the next two pages were explicit jokes about super saiyans.

I love this stupid manga.

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.

KittyEmpress posted:

Even as it becomes a fight it is funny. I can't believe anyone was worried about how it was becoming too serious.

Literally every time a fight happens people complain, and then they're wrong. I love it.

:ssj:

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
I really hope the zebul finisher is as ridiculous as the rest of what we've seen of the king.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

The Fresh Prince posted:

I really hope the zebul finisher is as ridiculous as the rest of what we've seen of the king.

I hope the finisher is just them getting amnesia forgetting why they're fighting and go home.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

The Fresh Prince posted:

He's just going to punch him. That's the "few changes" he made.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

He should charge it up like the kamehameha then just jumps in and punches him.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

He's going to bury his head into a wall.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.
he went super saiyan and then literally said he was a super saiyan. thats some good poo poo right there

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Really, anyone would have done that in Oga's position.

Victor Surge
Feb 2, 2006

If Thomson hadn't disabled the louts' aeroplanes with well tossed wrenches, I dare say those uncouth vandals would have made off with your victuals and garments.
Final attack = Yuyu Hakusho spirit gun.

One reference deserves another perhaps.

buzmeg
Jul 8, 2004
The Megg of Buzz

Victor Surge posted:

Final attack = Yuyu Hakusho spirit gun.

One reference deserves another perhaps.

Nah. This is Oga.

"Fooled you. It's just a stronger punch."

Oga is required to resolve things with a punch.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
In one of the greatest twists of the series, Oga's ultimate attack is a kick.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
Look, there is only one thing more powerful than a punch. Double punch. Well, unless you have more than two arms.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

He'll just pin him until he says uncle with a full nelson

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Beel is gonna go kneel behind the guy and Oga is going to push him over.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

This is pretty much what I expect.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Chapter 239

Cell vs. Gohan! A spirit bomb! Nico nico commentary! Poop brothers! God, I'm dying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
The comments.
Kamehameha lol ^__^

• Locked thread