Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Marcus Garvey posted:

It's pretty unbelievable that they killed the protagonist off in the first season.

What, did you just miss the scenes where they showed Hammerhead getting away and living a normal life? He's fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

They did not gently caress, 0/10.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Augus posted:

What, did you just miss the scenes where they showed Hammerhead getting away and living a normal life? He's fine.

The body may live, but the soul has left.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

They did not gently caress, 0/10.

Did you miss the part were Saitama was pounding Boros?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

e X posted:

Did you miss the part were Saitama was pounding Boros?
Boros will be walking funny for like a week

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Nihilarian posted:

Boros will be walking funny for like a week

"Walking funny"

Tobias Grant
May 16, 2009

Lucky for you, I'm a dog lover.
at least he still has his glorious head of hair.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Looks like he has most of his ribcage too! Good for him!

Wind Tempest
Oct 9, 2007

I am the culmination of all that is wrong with japan.
I am pretty sure there is more Boros than there is Genos. Boros should get cybernetic enhancements and become Genos 2.0

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Wind Tempest posted:

I am pretty sure there is more Boros than there is Genos. Boros should get cybernetic enhancements and become Genos 2.0

The true beginning of Saitama's harem.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...
I only just caught up and finished the anime. Incredible ride, treat for the eyes. Sad it only got a half season but it's probably for the best. Seems promising that there are a lot of loose threads and popularity that this will get another half season in the future unless I missed any official announcement of that.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

Willsun posted:

I only just caught up and finished the anime. Incredible ride, treat for the eyes. Sad it only got a half season but it's probably for the best. Seems promising that there are a lot of loose threads and popularity that this will get another half season in the future unless I missed any official announcement of that.

I don't know if the second season is announced but I'm pretty sure it's happening.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

drilldo squirt posted:

I don't know if the second season is announced but I'm pretty sure it's happening.

it's been said like a billion times that there's not enough material yet

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
In the future, when they have enough. I think there will be, considering how popular the first one is.

Verizian
Dec 18, 2004
The spiky one.
Presumably the government just uses other forms of public funding to give their "special advisers" gigantic wage increases to do the same job. At least that's what I think the article was suggesting. Was certain I posted this in the UKMT.

Verizian fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Jan 2, 2016

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Verizian posted:

Presumably the government just uses other forms of public funding to give their "special advisers" gigantic wage increases to do the same job. At least that's what I think the article was suggesting.

So, what you're saying is that King is getting paid out of the public works budget?

Eh. He's probably earned it.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

A cour isn't a half season, it's a full season. A 24 episode show is just a double.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

I finally sat down and watched this show after just kinda absorbing knowledge of the comic through osmosis for the last 5 years or whatever.

Oh man. What can I say that hasn't probably been said? Fantastic show.

"Consecutive Normal Punches" may be my favorite moment of all time.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Friends, I would like to share this good and cool video with you all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgzoqQBZN2s

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

The Colonel posted:

it's been said like a billion times that there's not enough material yet

Okay I get why this gets posted in response to people going "SEASON 2 WHEN" but I'm pretty sure that doesn't preclude a season 2 from ever happening? We might just be waiting 2 or 3 years for it instead of 1 like usual.

e: or is there some kind of rule in the anime industry where, with rare exceptions, if you can't make a season 2 the year after, you just drop the thing entirely? But yeah, point is, if someone's just asking "is Madhouse planning to do it when there's enough material" that's not super relevant

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i mean, there's not much point in discussing a second season that wouldn't materialize for like 2+ years. it's not even a done deal, as much as all of us would hope/think.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.
I mean it is always possible that a meteor hits One and Murata or the Anime Industry collapses in the next few years.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Twiddy posted:

I mean it is always possible that a meteor hits One and Murata or the Anime Industry collapses in the next few years.

Still more likely than Madhouse doing a second season for an anime

EndOfTheWorld
Jul 22, 2004

I'm an excellent critic! I automatically know when someone's done a bad job. Before you ask, yes it's a mixed blessing.
Cybernetic Crumb
Maybe it'll be like Attack on Titan and instead of Season 2 we get the adventures of Saitama in Junior High School. Uh oh! Class rep Tatsumaki is on the rampage again! And what crazy idea does Metal Knight have for the culture festival?!

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

EndOfTheWorld posted:

Maybe it'll be like Attack on Titan and instead of Season 2 we get the adventures of Saitama in Junior High School. Uh oh! Class rep Tatsumaki is on the rampage again! And what crazy idea does Metal Knight have for the culture festival?!

I can only hope.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

tiistai posted:

Still more likely than Madhouse doing a second season for an anime

They did two for Chihayafuru :colbert:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwlO_R1nmRI

I don't think it's possible to watch this without cringing so hard you'll get headache.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I don't think it's possible to watch this without cringing so hard you'll get headache.

Thanks for posting it then.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

You're welcome, bud.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

I thought the Honest Trailer guy had caught ill or something, but apparently it is some guy with really bad tastes in anime who has no clue.

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
they're doing mob next year, they will probably do a second season of opm the year after that. a year is plenty of time to finish up the garou arc if he really goes for it, which he said he would.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

They'll make more if there is sufficient material and the companies involved decide that an anime will move enough copies of the mang

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Mr. Unlucky posted:

they're doing mob next year, they will probably do a second season of opm the year after that. a year is plenty of time to finish up the garou arc if he really goes for it, which he said he would.

Mob Psycho 100 is owned by a different company and being animated by a different studio, so I don't know what its airing has to do with when OPM gets a second season.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Here's the OPM intro in mspaint

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eV6O0QZcTgE

I'd like to believe it's what ONE would've done if nobody adapted it.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Freakazoid_ posted:

best part imo

Prince Reggie K
Feb 12, 2007

I've been denied all the best Ultra-Sex.

Onmi posted:

I'm having the hardest time convincing my friend to watch as her main complaint seems to be "It's a one joke series, hurr hurr Saitama beats everything in one punch. There's no tension, it's got great animated fights but Saitama ruins it because you know he's going to win and how." She was also upset that Boros is dead because "He could have been something but then Nope. Saitama"

That's like the BEST thing about this show. It's like watching DBZ or whatever it just happens faster. The tension is about day to day stuff or the other characters besides Saitama.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

It's pretty good and accurate IMO.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Freakazoid_ posted:

God, this is amazing

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Mordaedil posted:

I thought the Honest Trailer guy had caught ill or something, but apparently it is some guy with really bad tastes in anime who has no clue.

All of the Anime Honest Trailers are horrible. The kid doing them is bad. He makes bad jokes. He has a bad voice. He is a bad fan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

Prince Reggie K posted:

That's like the BEST thing about this show. It's like watching DBZ or whatever it just happens faster. The tension is about day to day stuff or the other characters besides Saitama.
I'd say that OPM is an excellent lesson for amateurs that there's a lot of ways to create tension and write a story, and that the fights in fighting anime/manga/whatever are kinda superfluous and don't have to be a real focus... if they are in the first place. Most of the time the fighting in things about fighting have about as much narrative importance and tension as the fighting in OPM.

• Locked thread