Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group
Congrats on joining government law crew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Thanks!

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Shageletic posted:

Gonna start as an official city attorney (Dept of Ed) here in NYC starting Monday. Psyched. Been doing it for 9 mths now and the work/life balance and environment is so cool and chill I still can't believe it.

Time to settle in and bury my head until I retire in 22 years lol

Hell yeah, government law! One of us, one of us

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

Shageletic posted:

Time to settle in and bury my head until I retire in 22 years lol

Hell yeah. Get that pension, brother

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

Gov law is the best. I sat in my office and thought about poo poo while I stared at maps for a few hours today. It will help me for a trial I'm doing next month, but how the hell would you bill for that? From the outside it just looked like I was doing nothing.

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.

Tokelau All Star posted:

Gov law is the best. I sat in my office and thought about poo poo while I stared at maps for a few hours today. It will help me for a trial I'm doing next month, but how the hell would you bill for that? From the outside it just looked like I was doing nothing.

3.2 trial prep

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Gov law best law. Pls go work for a gov

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.
Truth.

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost

Tokelau All Star posted:

The absolute worst government job I ever had we had to do 6-minute increment timekeeping. We had no client, we had our own budget, and didn't bill anything to anybody. We did it solely on the off chance we could move for attorney's fees if some random loving case made it through the ponderous administrative process to a court that could award them. We had literally never even sought attorneys fees, much less been awarded any, but our psychopath boss made us keep that time. It was like sixty collective man hours a day we spent just entering time. That place sucked for a lot of reasons.

My current government job is the best government job and government lawyers are the best lawyers.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Yeah I'm lucky that my boss is chill and cynical as hell. Watching him navigate the bureaucracy is always pretty funny and he's the first one to go home, so he's always trying to get poo poo done as quickly and efficiently as possible so we could start talking about good places to eat again

So glad I don't have to deal with law firm/corporate/client poo poo which had so much to do with theater and stress just for stress's sake.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I think some of those law firm partners like it. They are “A type” and “extroverts”. Idk, seems hideous

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

BigHead posted:

The absolute worst government job I ever had we had to do 6-minute increment timekeeping. We had no client, we had our own budget, and didn't bill anything to anybody. We did it solely on the off chance we could move for attorney's fees if some random loving case made it through the ponderous administrative process to a court that could award them. We had literally never even sought attorneys fees, much less been awarded any, but our psychopath boss made us keep that time. It was like sixty collective man hours a day we spent just entering time. That place sucked for a lot of reasons.

My current government job is the best government job and government lawyers are the best lawyers.

Yeah I had a government job where we had to do 6-minute increment timekeeping because it was a call center and everyone hates call center employees and wants them to suffer.

Barrel Cactaur
Oct 6, 2021

sullat posted:

Yeah I had a government job where we had to do 6-minute increment timekeeping because it was a call center and everyone hates call center employees and wants them to suffer.

Strap me to a rocket and shoot me into the sun before I ever take a call center job.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
Does anyone have any knowledge about Mullen Coughlin? A recruiter reached out to me about a remote position for incidence response. A quick search online suggests that the pay is acceptable but the workload is terrible.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Hyper Inferno posted:

Does anyone have any knowledge about Mullen Coughlin? A recruiter reached out to me about a remote position for incidence response. A quick search online suggests that the pay is acceptable but the workload is terrible.

I've never worked for such a place, but if it was a good place to work they wouldn't need a recruiter.

Jenkl
Aug 5, 2008

This post needs at least three times more shit!

Hyper Inferno posted:

Law Megathread: A quick search online suggests that the pay is acceptable but the workload is terrible.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
Fair enough.

Toona the Cat
Jun 9, 2004

The Greatest

Pook Good Mook posted:

I've never worked for such a place, but if it was a good place to work they wouldn't need a recruiter.

A recruiter currently got me my no minimum billables and actual work-life balance job that I really love...but I can see why normies would hate working here.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

What kind of lawyer do you hire to review equity compensation and liquidity event triggers etc. It's a privately held company but they do private equity investments periodically which are liquidity event triggers, allegedly

Will get the contract Tuesday, it sounds like

We're in California and the company is HQ in Colorado

Edit: HOW do you go about hiring a lawyer for this stuff

Double edit: it's not a startup

Hadlock fucked around with this message at 17:12 on May 31, 2024

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Seems like bog standard corporate law. Compensation speciality

Good luck hiring a lawyer in 2 business days

Muir
Sep 27, 2005

that's Doctor Brain to you
I'd search for employment attorneys but specifically with terms like "contract negotiation" or "compensation."

I know nothing about either of these firms but they are examples of what I'm talking about :
https://www.minnisandsmallets.com/practice-areas-employment-law/employment-agreements/contract-review-and-negotiation/
https://www.ottingerlaw.com/silicon-valley-employment-lawyers/

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫
Can also search for "executive compensation," they get lumped in with the tax group a lot.

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

Emily Spinach posted:

Can also search for "executive compensation," they get lumped in with the tax group a lot.

Tax or ERISA, but yeah one of those groups that gets called at the last minute when the M&A folks finally twig that there’s other stuff to deal with besides the merger agreement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Once talked to an attorney who only specialized in ERISA. Like everything super specialized in lawyer work it seemed to work for him because he was really needed and also because he actually liked doing it and feeling needed