Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is AEW #1?
This poll is closed.
Yes 87 46.28%
Yes but we shouldn't brag about it and make all the people with bad taste who like bad promotions feel bad 101 53.72%
Total: 188 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

seems like the most likely place for him out of the american companies but probably depends more on how comfortable he is doing the constant travel to japan or if new japan is gonna give him a real long-term deal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

zsj is very intertwined with njpw because of the revpro help they give him so i do not imagine him moving any time soon

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

yeah this is extremely loving good, aew needs to promote this poo poo stat

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/jennifersterger/status/1150052198325374976

Was also on the broadcast team for NWA's 70th anniversary show last year

Former gameday host for the Jets, also hosted segments on Fuel TV, ABC's Road to March Madness, and even her own show on Versus

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

kenny johnson is very much intertwined with EVOLVE but you never know i guess

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

Chris James 2 posted:

https://twitter.com/jennifersterger/status/1150052198325374976

Was also on the broadcast team for NWA's 70th anniversary show last year

Former gameday host for the Jets, also hosted segments on Fuel TV, ABC's Road to March Madness, and even her own show on Versus

I know her from the brett favre dick pics

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

brian posted:

kenny johnson is very much intertwined with EVOLVE but you never know i guess

Kenny is a really nice guy I hope he gets paid commensurate to his talents somewhere.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

This was a wild ride lol

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

I LOVE when wrestling shows are ran in cool venues

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

21 Hoot Salute posted:

Ive only been once for a concert, but there is absolutely no breeze in the hot concrete slab bed of dailys place in humid rear end duval county and we will be sweating our asses off

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Do you guys think ZSJ would sign with AEW or are they a bit too big money US capitalist for him?

https://twitter.com/ryandilbert/status/1147665206308421633

seems out of character tbh

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

This was great

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

zsj is fourth in line to the throne IRL and this is all a work

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Happy BIG KAIJU Day!

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

This is awesome. Didn’t know anyone from AEW (or wrestling, basically) but MJF steals the spotlight anytime he’s up there.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

21 Hoot Salute posted:

Sign the cheetah, Tony.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/ChrisVanVliet/status/1150135201047154689

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Am told Kylie Rae has defeated the monsters of rogue stellar body Nero and saved the Pluto observation base. She will be back on earth in time for All Out.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

really should be the universal champion's jurisdiction.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I wish I could get myself to want to hear anything that JR has to say but I just can't because it's like 90% embarrassing

Much like my posting, etc

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Closing this thread for the next couple hours to avoid any confusion: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3893824

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

How soon after Fftf ends will it be available on BR live as a replay?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Dang it who unlocked the thread

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm posting it again because I liked it

Better ingredients

Better wrestling

Papa Khan's

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
fire marvez into the sun

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
great show with a really awkward ending

HouseOfLeaves99
Mar 20, 2009
Boing

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

AEW's tag division has the potential to be incredible, and that Bucks/Lucha Bros ladder match at ALL OUT is gonna rule.

Also I loving love A Boy and his Dinosaur.

Edit: Plus The Dark Order really impressed me after feeling iffy on their debut and the run-in at Fyter Fest.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
Boing

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I'm posting it again because I liked it

Better ingredients

Better wrestling

Papa Khan's

That show needed to go back in the oven for a bit.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Jerusalem posted:

AEW's tag division has the potential to be incredible, and that Bucks/Lucha Bros ladder match at ALL OUT is gonna rule.

Also I loving love A Boy and his Dinosaur.

I love how A Boy and his Dinosaur are now given the same level of prestige as The Elite

Also, I love how somehow the Librarians have suddenly gotten over by acknowledging that they arent over

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

BGrifter posted:

That show needed to go back in the oven for a bit.

The show delivered early on, but the best part of pizza, the crust, was raw.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Marvez/Hangman are a problem that need to be dealt with.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

Helicity posted:

fire marvez, have hangman lose clean to jericho and fued with MJF, give luchasaurus more lost children for his gang.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Helicity posted:

Hangman at least looks good when he's in with a great wrestler, Marvez has JR and Excalibur alongside him (say what you will about JR, he's stepped up thanks to Excalibur being so good) and still sucks anyway.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

wait maybe its because I was watching with friends but are we pretending Hangman isn't awesome now

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Obviously the Elite struggle from that thing where an indie show can go long if you want to and they need to find a way to control their impulses and tighten stuff up for AEW.

But as I said in the thread that's the most enjoyment I've gotten out of a wrestling show in years. I dare say it has renewed my faith that I actually can really enjoy wrestling and that I don't just watch MLW episodes on Youtube and Impact episodes on Twitch because its convenient and a habit. I enjoyed All Out but it felt disconnected and like an exhibition. This felt like part of something that I'm excited to see more of.

I'm definitely gonna check out the Fyter Fest replay now that I know its up on B/R and have logged into the app. And I might spring for Double or Nothing. I was happy in theory before, but now like its more tangible and real for me.

That tag division, man. And A Boy and His Dinosaur can actually wrestle!

Meadowhill
Jan 5, 2015
Just give Renee a pile of money to do commentary and Moxley family hijinks

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

That ending was horrendously awkward. One of the bucks is on mic reminding Kenny not to mention shooting a gun and it's like why even go there, just let Cody do his speech and go, there was no tact there to what they did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

UnlimitedSpessmans posted:

fire marvez, have hangman lose clean to jericho and fued with MJF, give luchasaurus more lost children for his gang.

Give this person the book, Khan.