Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

apophenium posted:

I played most of the game on mute, no baby screams for me

wait wha? I love the music in the game very moody

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Sir Tonk posted:

So when is the bloodborne remaster coming out?

Yesterday. I'm playing it right now

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
I love the violin (?) sound whenever you successfully parry.

Also really like Ludwigs holy blade. It's so fun knocking enemies out of their attacks in the 2 hand mode.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
I'm playing Sekiro, my third Soulsborne (after Bloodborne + Elden Ring). It's pretty fun so far though I suck at it. Just, uh, keepin yall in the loop

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

General Battuta posted:

I'm playing Sekiro, my third Soulsborne (after Bloodborne + Elden Ring). It's pretty fun so far though I suck at it. Just, uh, keepin yall in the loop

There’s a thread somewhere

E: here https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3860077&perpage=40&pagenumber=717&noseen=1

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Unlike Bloodborne, you can spam parry in Sekiro and it works a lot of the time.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
nearly at the end of my uncanny burial blade run :twisted:

Maria was so much easier than last time, I guess all those attempts are burned into my muscle memory. orphan is pissing me off though, I can't remember how to do his second phase at all.

First phase has become pretty trivial now I finally worked out his parry windows, I remember I couldn't do it at all last time

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Paperhouse posted:

nearly at the end of my uncanny burial blade run :twisted:

Maria was so much easier than last time, I guess all those attempts are burned into my muscle memory. orphan is pissing me off though, I can't remember how to do his second phase at all.

First phase has become pretty trivial now I finally worked out his parry windows, I remember I couldn't do it at all last time

the main thing I remember of orphan second phase is that their attacks are delayed. also has a ton of mixups so you end up having a smaller dodge window

the uhh placenta yo-yo is a wild af weapon

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I started the game back up a few weeks back. Probably my 6th playthrough since 2018. This time I'm doing new game plus. And as I was playing I realised I was only three trophies away from getting Plat. Just needed to get all the weapons in the main game, kill the queen and do the moonbeast ending. Last night I beat the Queen and it felt so loving good. I'm also level 177 lol.

This is def in my top 3 games easily. Just feels good to play and I can come back to it any time.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
It'd be the best game ever if i could start with any weapon after I unlocked it!!!

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

verbal enema posted:

It'd be the best game ever if i could start with any weapon after I unlocked it!!!

no sorry it’s still the best game ever despite this

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

verbal enema posted:

I did! New Game Plus baybee

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

The only real drags are the DLC weapons locked behind Ludwig, and maybe the Chikage. It’s fine to have a starter weapon you trade up from.

Rn I’m most missing a STR weapon with thrust damage not wholly reliant on R2. Skill gets saw spear and church pick. So what if Tonitrus gets unlimited Bolt. I got papers for that.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I did it. I got the platinum trophy. This morning before I brought my son to school I was able to bean Mennsis, Margo and Gherman and got my new dream ending. I think this is only the second game I've ever gotten a plat for. It just feels so drat good to play

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009
Bloodborne would be the best game ever if I could just sit down at my PC and fire it up like basically any other Soulsborne game...

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Charliegrs posted:

Bloodborne would be the best game ever if I could just sit down at my PC and fire it up like basically any other Soulsborne game...

thats illegal sorry

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I have a hosed up desk chair that will surely kill me ATM and a perfect recliner so I'm thankful but also annoyed I didn't buy sekiro on PlayStation

E: God I loving hate that my phone auto corrects to the brand appropriate punctuation for the ps

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
Rom was a pretty surprisingly stressful fight. I beat it with no vials left and a little sliver of life.

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever
Are the point distribution caps people spec builds with based on PvP leveling? Like, if you were just willing to grind and you don't care about PvP stuff at all you could just pump everything to 99 eventually right?

I'm at the point where I need both to A) buy The Old Hunters (I don't have much of the main game left - the Lecture Building, Ebrietas, the Nightmare Frontier and the endgame bosses) and B) decide where to start allocating points. I'm at 80 but I haven't focused on anything because I didn't have a clue. I guess I can safely stop doing bloodtinge at all for the time because I'm not feeling the chikhage that much. Glad I made the "mistake" of starting with Cruel Fate back when (although maybe that's why I struggled so bad at first lol) because I'm already at 18 ARC and have pretty well decided I'm gonna pump that to 99. The Holy Moonlight Sword looks too sick and I'd love to be able to use Augur of Ebrietas. I've already enjoyed using the phantasm shell and old hunter bone. I'm supposed to do that with STR, right?

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever
Also wish I'd known about the increasing scarcity of upgrading items because I definitely wouldn't have put any points into the guns at all or taken the Axe to +7. Fortunately my only other +7 weapons are LHB and the threaded cane and no regrets at all on those two.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
You start to get diminishing returns on level ups the higher the stat goes, but yeah you can just keep pumping whatever stats you want if you have the time to farm blood echoes

Holy Moonlight Sword is a strength/arcane weapon yeah. You can tell which stats weapons scale with by looking at the scaling and requirements section in the weapon menu.

Also you can buy upgrade items from the insight shop in the Hunter's Dream. Consume madman's knowledge items you pick up to gain insight, then spend the insight at the shop

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
Oh, Holy Moonlight Sword actually scales with strength AND skill as well as arcane

No wonder I found it slightly underwhelming on my str/arc build

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I think a few weapons change their scaling based on their untricked/tricked variants; Kirkhammer is nearly pure strength when in hammer form but the sword variant. Idk without looking it up whether the Holy Moonlight Sword is more arcane focused in its glowing state but I wouldn’t be surprised.

Frank Caskelot
Jan 31, 2009

A lot of the weapons don't actually scale with arcane as is despite having arcane scaling. The arcane scaling comes into play if you infuse them with fire, bolt or arcane damage, which also makes them not scsle with strength and skill anymore.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Getting really mixed messages on how to trigger Eileen's second location. I've gotten the first emote and I think I've opened the three gates and she's not outside the chapel, but I also checked out the tomb of Oedon when it said that I couldn't warp there and fought (and lost) to Henryk. He was alone. Now I'm seeing a video that claims you need to beat Amelia for Eileen to appear in the cathedral ward but the good wiki claims you shouldn't do that. Am I missing something?

*Edit* The only other thing I can think of is I inadvertently summoned Henriette, then died right after.

Arbite fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Apr 23, 2024

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Arbite posted:

Getting really mixed messages on how to trigger Eileen's second location. I've gotten the first emote and I think I've opened the three gates and she's not outside the chapel, but I also checked out the tomb of Oedon when it said that I couldn't warp there and fought (and lost) to Henryk. He was alone. Now I'm seeing a video that claims you need to beat Amelia for Eileen to appear in the cathedral ward but the good wiki claims you shouldn't do that. Am I missing something?

*Edit* The only other thing I can think of is I inadvertently summoned Henriette, then died right after.

I think if you started the henryk fight, she teleports there. Try the fight again. She takes like 15 seconds to join in, if you died quickly, you may not have even seen her.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

WoodrowSkillson posted:

I think if you started the henryk fight, she teleports there. Try the fight again. She takes like 15 seconds to join in, if you died quickly, you may not have even seen her.

Actually - it may be too late now. If you start the Henryk fight, then die, as soon as you respawn, Eileen will start fighting Henryk, and she WILL lose without your help.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

HaB posted:

Actually - it may be too late now. If you start the Henryk fight, then die, as soon as you respawn, Eileen will start fighting Henryk, and she WILL lose without your help.

yeah i should have been more clear, that will confirm that she has moved, once an NPC moves in fromsoft gmaes, there is no going back.

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever
lol, it's such a FromSoft move to make you have to fight a bunch of hunter NPCs at the beginning of The Old Hunters. Worst part of the game. And I *love* boss fights with hunters.

Tempted to go back to some of my favorite farming locations or even the chalice dungeons so I can pump some points into my new boom hammer and beast cutter, maybe that'll make it less of a pain.

Criminal Minded fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Apr 24, 2024

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Criminal Minded posted:

lol, it's such a FromSoft move to make you have to fight a bunch of hunter NPCs at the beginning of The Old Hunters. Worst part of the game. And I *love* boss fights with hunters.

Tempted to go back to some of my favorite farming locations or even the chalice dungeons so I can pump some points into my new boom hammer and beast cutter, maybe that'll make it less of a pain.

Just sprint past em unless they’re red eyed. Those guys have drops but the others there’s no point. Sadly there’s not much point in going out of the way to kill most enemies in the DLC. They’re as hard as chalice dungeon depth 5 guys, but drop like 1/100th the souls.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
The Boom Hammer could have been so much fun if they gave you the functional one the enemies get

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

skasion posted:

Just sprint past em unless they’re red eyed. Those guys have drops but the others there’s no point. Sadly there’s not much point in going out of the way to kill most enemies in the DLC. They’re as hard as chalice dungeon depth 5 guys, but drop like 1/100th the souls.

It's always funny to me how I have to repeatedly have my spirit broken by a section before I just say gently caress this I'm running. My endurance is plenty high even. I just hate feeling like I've been gotten over on, I guess. But seriously, how the gently caress are you supposed to handle the gatling gun guy in the cave tunnel or the hunter outside the house stairs with the claw-like weapon? Utterly vicious. I used as many vials as I do on a boss on the latter and still died. Ran out of bullets trying to parry too, and I don't usually suck at parrying but like gently caress!

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever
Advice on Ebrietas? Getting my rear end kicked. I feel like none of my weapons do much damage; been trying her with my +5 Tonitrus but eh. Difficulty reading her moves in a way to dodge them effectively while also being able to follow up.

Frank Caskelot
Jan 31, 2009

Criminal Minded posted:

Advice on Ebrietas? Getting my rear end kicked. I feel like none of my weapons do much damage; been trying her with my +5 Tonitrus but eh. Difficulty reading her moves in a way to dodge them effectively while also being able to follow up.

I usually try to stay at range and try to bait out the head slam and punish that. The big tentacle slam can also be effectively punished. The charge I try to dodge to my left, if she isn't directly in your face you should be able to take a few steps left then dodge and take no damage. In her second phase she does the swoop, which you need to dodge slightly later than you think because she can still track you in midair. The call beyond can be avoided by sprinting perpendicular to her but be mindful of what she's doing while the last lasers are shooting. You should also probably have a more upgraded weapon at that point.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Ebrietas is very resistant to blunt damage IIRC and having +5 weapon doesnt help either. I usually come back to her with like 8+ / +9 weapon because gently caress that charge attack.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Criminal Minded posted:

+5 seems really low for her. i usually fight her near the end of my runs and have +9 and +10 weapons. use bolt paper on a different weapon if you have it at a higher level, +7 should be doable

also, stick to her rear end and she cant do much to stop you

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Criminal Minded posted:

The first time I played the DLC the hardest part except the last boss for me was those hunters. I can kill em fine now but I definitely just ran after dozens of attempts to get past them to the next bonfire.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I think the quickest Ebrietas kill I've done was with the pizza cutter, bolt gems and of course 50 Arcane.

Transformed L2 :getin:

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Guillermus posted:

I think the quickest Ebrietas kill I've done was with the pizza cutter, bolt gems and of course 50 Arcane.

Transformed L2 :getin:

My hunter claws ng+ fight with her was maybe 20 seconds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

+5 seems really low for her. i usually fight her near the end of my runs and have +9 and +10 weapons. use bolt paper on a different weapon if you have it at a higher level, +7 should be doable

also, stick to her rear end and she cant do much to stop you

Yeah I figured I’d try LHB or the cane with bolt paper next but I don’t think I have any on hand so figured before I went spending my hard earned echoes :argh:

Also lmao gently caress Undead Giant with the mace on his back in Lower Pthumeru. That one shotting rear end in a top hat. I got so mad last night that I was just flushed with boiling blood and calmly turned the system off and walked outside.