Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Veloxyll posted:

Truly the gooniest outcome we could hope for.

But France isn't a regressive fascist state fighting the world? I thought that was the gooniest result of meddling with European imperialist powers?

edit: Yet, I mean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Decoy Badger posted:

Why not divide the stored weight by ten or use 32-bit integers instead of setting an arbitrary limit that is relatively easy to run up against? Rounding to the nearest 10 tonnes should be close enough, no?

Does the game have any technologies that modify fuel storage like storing fuel in the double hull, or is it just a simple oil/coal toggle?

Technologies you discover extend endurance, but there's no way to modify fuel storage in a specific design other than the range selection.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Our fleet is out once more.

This is a brave move by the Admiral.

We engage a Gratz class. Our gunners are much more accurate than our foes, we get four or five hits for every one they do. The only real difference in the ships is that their guns are an inch bigger.

Then we run into their main battle line, and I order a turn south, but not before the Bouvet takes a hit to the bridge.

The Devistation is devastated in two minutes.

We try and flee south, but or old ships are slow.

Things begin to go badly.

Destroyers begin to fall as well to the enemies mass fire.

We are losing hard.

On the plus side, this would have been a lot worse if we had modern ships.

We just need to break them.

The submarine warfare begins to bite, at last.

We get a break in the blockade, and unrest drops to 4.

The Italians then come into the war. We can't catch a break.

Its a really bad time to be a merchantmen.

I'm not showing the 20 or so raider messages from three countries.

The Austrians are scrapping a lot of their very old ships. I wish I could do that.

Yes! We want PEACE! Of course, the politicians want to carry on fighting.

Its getting bloody out there.

We protect a convoy from an old armoured crusier.

I take pleasure in small victories. We then hunt down the light cruiser.

I take the credit of course.

Its enough, we tip the balance and win the war.

I retire – at the party, someone brings out graphs of my career. Well, from 1911 onwards. Before then, no-one thought to take records. (This may be due to my patching mid game.)

You can see the sad state of the fleet and the decline of the last few years.

We wreaked the Austrian merchant marine, and did a good job at killing British ships, but we lost oh so many destroyers.

My prestige is high. They name an Aircraft carrier after me.

And that is that! I hope you enjoyed this LP. The lack of support ships killed us here I think, along with the loss of the new battleships when we lost to the British. But it was fun.

pthighs
Jun 21, 2013

Pillbug

Edit 2: Actually, Amiral is Admiral in French.

Thank you, Amiral Gray Hunter :mcnabb:

Edit: It's like how they didn't record sacks in American football until the '70s

pthighs fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Nov 24, 2015

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Well a rather depressing end for the LP but what are you going to do?

Thanks for the enjoyment Grey, Im sure your next naval themed LP will end in a great triumph.:v:

Ceebees
Nov 2, 2011

I'm intentionally being as verbose as possible in negotiations for my own amusement.
:golfclap:

Bravo, mon Amiral. Bravo.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Well done, Admiral.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
gg

:france:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lu3eSNi__4w

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Meanwhile, my best prestige score tops out at 42.

But then I never sacrificed my whole navy.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands

Riso posted:

Elan had the last laugh.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Riso posted:

Tomn posted:

Elan had the last laugh.

Nope, this one is down to the Neo-Napoleonics. That one innocent little never-repealed law, 'Always go for +prestige.' We may have lost hundreds of ships, tens of thousands of sailors, a war with Perfidious Albion and the entire government, but we earned respect. :smug:

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

AJ_Impy posted:

Nope, this one is down to the Neo-Napoleonics. That one innocent little never-repealed law, 'Always go for +prestige.' We may have lost hundreds of ships, tens of thousands of sailors, a war with Perfidious Albion and the entire government, but we earned respect. :smug:
Oui. The victory condition is about Amiral Hunter, not the navy. :smug:

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

You set a high bar there.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Well since a CV is named after you that counts as a win. Good job.

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
Having a carrier named after you when you've managed to sink most of your ships isn't without precedent though. Just look at whatever that Dutch guy's name was, they named two carriers after him.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

You'd think prestige would have *something* to do with the number of (big) ships in the actual navy.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

He will be remembered as clearing the way for France's twelve-carrier doctrine, which will finally sink the British navy.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

Arglebargle III posted:

He will be remembered as clearing the way for France's twelve-carrier doctrine, which will finally sink the British navy.

Never send a Frenchman to do an Englishman's job.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
So Italy tapped out just because A-H collapsed? Laaaame.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
I'll take it. Good job, Admiral.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

sullat posted:

So Italy tapped out just because A-H collapsed? Laaaame.

Another simplification of the game engine, if any power taps out the war ends right then and there.

Maybe to prevent an never ending loop of defeating one enemy just to have another jump in just before. Endless war conga (until you lose).

Morrow
Oct 31, 2010
You can rationalize it as Italy not wanting to continue, solo, in a war against a state that is economically and militarily (aside from the Navy) more powerful when it can just pick off disputed territories from Austria.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Plus, we'd get our pick from Austria's fleet. They wouldn't want to fight in the Adriatic and Tyrhennian simultaneously.

meatbag
Apr 2, 2007
Clapping Larry
It's pretty sad that the creator won't put the game on Steam (I assume). It has tons of replayability and one-more-turn-iness. He could probably increase sales by an order of magnitude.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Grognard games are sold in the most peculiar of fashions imaginable. It comes with the hobby, I think.

thetruegentleman
Feb 5, 2011

You call that potato a Trump avatar?

THIS is a Trump Avatar!
Grey Hunter won the war, using any means, as was asked by the board.

I think that qualifies as a great success!

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Thank you for playing that out to the end Grey!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

warhammer651
Jul 21, 2012

AJ_Impy posted:

So, Grey Hunter has become MacArthur?

• Locked thread