Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

gdi griddle get out from behind the cage you can't go in with the budgies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

((hiding))

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Aghhh!

Discovered mango had managed to break out and was hiding in the bathroom when he screamed and pooped on me. It's ok, I have more duck tape.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

learnincurve posted:

Aghhh!

Discovered mango had managed to break out and was hiding in the bathroom when he screamed and pooped on me. It's ok, I have more duck tape.

Well there's your problem right there; You're using adhesive tape rated for waterfowl, not Conures.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
I read this as learnincurve hiding in terror from an escaped Mango before being ambushed and pooped on.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

I hope Pion will be okay :ohdear:

When he and Putni were out earlier, zooming through the room, I heard the sound of a bird bumping into a window. They both returned to their race or whatever very quickly, so I didn't think anything of it at the time.
But later, when it was time to get them back in the cage, Pion didn't really react to me pulling out the snacks as he usually does. But I did eventually get him to climb into the cage, and Putni soon followed.

However later I notice he's generally more silent, mostly just sitting there looking sleepy. He doesn't react to me walking up to the cage as usual, trying either to bite my fingers or offering his head for scritches, he just sits there.
I notice his feathers on his right side of the head look somewhat clumped together, reach in to get him so I can examine it better, he doesn't resist or try to get away as he tends to when I reach into the cage. The feathers on his right cheek definitely are clumped together and feel hard. Unfortunately I can't really get to the skin below and check, I'm alone and can't both keep his body and head still, while also examining his cheek.

I've tried bathing him a bit now, by the kitchen sink while holding him, he didn't really care much for it either way. He doesn't even try to preen himself much now while sitting back in the cage.

Putni seems to have noticed, he's making noises and singing songs he usually doesn't.

I really hope he'll be okay by tomorrow, that it's nothing permanent.

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich

nielsm posted:

I hope Pion will be okay :ohdear:

When he and Putni were out earlier, zooming through the room, I heard the sound of a bird bumping into a window. They both returned to their race or whatever very quickly, so I didn't think anything of it at the time.
But later, when it was time to get them back in the cage, Pion didn't really react to me pulling out the snacks as he usually does. But I did eventually get him to climb into the cage, and Putni soon followed.

However later I notice he's generally more silent, mostly just sitting there looking sleepy. He doesn't react to me walking up to the cage as usual, trying either to bite my fingers or offering his head for scritches, he just sits there.
I notice his feathers on his right side of the head look somewhat clumped together, reach in to get him so I can examine it better, he doesn't resist or try to get away as he tends to when I reach into the cage. The feathers on his right cheek definitely are clumped together and feel hard. Unfortunately I can't really get to the skin below and check, I'm alone and can't both keep his body and head still, while also examining his cheek.

I've tried bathing him a bit now, by the kitchen sink while holding him, he didn't really care much for it either way. He doesn't even try to preen himself much now while sitting back in the cage.

Putni seems to have noticed, he's making noises and singing songs he usually doesn't.

I really hope he'll be okay by tomorrow, that it's nothing permanent.

Pion is probably fine but dazed and needs to rest. Charlie once collided with a doorknob (losing a bunch of feathers on top of his head in the process) and had a very similar response. I would just keep an eye on him and take him to the vet if he seems to be getting worse or doesn't improve.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

He may be a little more lively now, although it's past the usual bedtime. He hasn't been eating much, not even wanting to chew open small seeds, but he has eaten a bit of scrambled egg (no salt or dairy products).

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
FWIW that's textbook human responses to a low intensity concussion. We're usually fine after those.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

it seems awfully quiet in here for national bird day...

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Trebuchet King posted:

it seems awfully quiet in here for national bird day...

one of these things is not like the others

what is the bird equivalent for this... A cockold?

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

i think it just doesn't have all its plumage in yet.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Trebuchet King posted:

i think it just doesn't have all its plumage in yet.

https://www.google.com/search?q=baby+jenday+conure&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj6uOKbjazRAhVKiFQKHaf8AJYQ_AUICSgC&biw=1920&bih=950

Nah, that is definitely a hybrid baby. Probably with a green cheek or black cap I would think.

i poop fire
Feb 21, 2011
It looks like a regular yellow-sided green cheek baby to me. :shrug:

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Whatever it is, it's absolutely :kimchi:

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Sun conures are really big dang

Jack Forge
Sep 27, 2012
Currently at the Belize bird rescue.

Jack Forge fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Jan 6, 2017

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

i poop fire posted:

It looks like a regular yellow-sided green cheek baby to me. :shrug:

it's this, and it's also fuckin adorable

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

underage at the vape shop posted:

Sun conures are really big dang

still small enough that you can grab them in one hand though

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

GoldStandardConure posted:

still small enough that you can grab them in one hand for a convenient bite sized snack though

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer

Jack Forge posted:

Currently at the Belize bird rescue.
For some reason the inclusion of the chicken just cracks me up

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Tendai posted:

For some reason the inclusion of the chicken just cracks me up
Also the obligatory squirrel.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

I'm watching the birbs from work.

They spend most of the day just sitting there, half asleep.

E: Stupid bird, don't sit with your rear end right over the food bowl!

nielsm fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Jan 6, 2017

Jack Forge
Sep 27, 2012

Ein Sexmonster posted:

Also the obligatory squirrel.

Lol, I figured the more inclusive picture would be more accurately representative of what's happening at that feeder.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I really like ringnecks and that whole family of parrots that kind of looks like them but man they have serious crazy eyes.

nielsm posted:

I'm watching the birbs from work.

They spend most of the day just sitting there, half asleep.

E: Stupid bird, don't sit with your rear end right over the food bowl!

Potatoes gonna potate

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Update on Pion's concussion the other day: He appears to mentally have recovered fully, but I'm afraid something may still be wrong. His droppings are very watery, all the time, it seems.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Could have been off his food. Give it a lil bit.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Yeah, he did eat very little on the day of the accident. Some reading also suggests that having swallowed a lot of water during a bath can cause watery droppings for several days. I did forcibly bathe him so that's probably it.

(I had to trash all the food per the above picture. :mad:)

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

How to cock it up, Fig. I

Tendai posted:

I really like ringnecks and that whole family of parrots that kind of looks like them but man they have serious crazy eyes.

Ringnecks look too much like toys to be scary.
Senegals win forever for best crazy eyes

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yeah ringnecks are still second to senegals. Senegals look like they're on the edge of some kind of manic murder spree.

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Sennies. Murder spree. Yeah right.

Shark Sandwich fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Jan 6, 2017

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Neither ringnecks nor sennies look as evil as greys doing the squint eye

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

I feel like Scuttle always looks surprised.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

would pet

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Shark Sandwich posted:

Sennies. Murder spree. Yeah right.

Dreaming of murder.

artichoke
Sep 29, 2003

delirium tremens and caffeine
Gravy Boat 2k
Speaking of which, happy 10th Hatchday to my baby Max!

Everyday Goast
Nov 27, 2011

spoopy

I like that Senegals seem to be wearing a handsome orange vest. Happy birdday Max!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

artichoke posted:

Speaking of which, happy 10th Hatchday to my baby Max!

Aww happy hatchday to a good bird :3: