Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeTosh
Jan 14, 2010
Slippery Tilde
I'd forgotten the different types of Goblins were named for flavors. Still makes me smile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I absolutely did not notice that pink bit and wouldn't have at all had you not mentioned it.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Hell yeah, thanks for the overview of the party.

Dragon Valor is buck wild and Dragoons are just so insanely powerful for sandbagging missions. Reraise as a reaction, being able to reraise the entire party if you do the starting cross (and why wouldn't you, it lets you accelrate as well), and being able to rather trivially buff yourself into one shotting things makes them just total terminators. And of course that's largely portable to any other PA based class. I'm in general a pretty defensive player and so it's been a pretty reliable technique for missions that gave me trouble (not as reliable as "just spam High Ground," but it's there).

Mustadio's skillset is some poo poo and is one of the top three things that I consider shocking clever uses of FFT mechanics that Celdia pulled (Phoenix Mortar and Sorcery being the other two).

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
friend just chillin' in midair, how bout u

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

"goblin"

"taking them to Velius"

:psyduck: Well that'll be a ride.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

DACK FAYDEN posted:

friend just chillin' in midair, how bout u

We're in the middle of a fight, get high on your own dime!

Celdia
Feb 3, 2019

Friendly Neighborhood
White Mage
Love the review and planning info.

This LP actually makes me a little sad recruitable-Ovelia isn't a real thing because she's so much fun to see running around ruining people's poo poo. I can't think of a reasonable way to shoehorn that into the mod either so it'll just have to stay something that makes this run special. :love:

Rosalie, I don't suppose you noticed anything about the goblin while level grinding him, did you? Monsters got a little extra something that I don't think is documented in the game/their descriptions that tries to make up for their lack of equipment but is also a bit of a double-edged sword. :D

Also you called Enchanter a physical murder machine and while that was absolutely accurate before, with the changes to Holy Sword and Magic Blade should also be the same changes to Imbue. All those skills should operate on the same formula and with the fix I did making it MA*WP+K (and Enchanter skills all have a minimum K value of 1 or else they can't inflict statuses; fun quirk of the vanilla game that affects all of the old Holy Sword skills) it should be a whole other world of ridiculous now. :dance:

If you're taking Boco to Riovanes Gate then I feel bad for the poor bastards up on the wall thinking that height gives them an advantage.

And final thought: I actually have a fix for this now. I could update the mod, but I choose not to. Turns out the animation data for units when casting a spell has three or four different options that Jump; a couple of them are specific to the Lancer's Jump skill and just crash when called by anything else but the last two Jump animations in the data table can be applied however you want, which is how I got the Stuck In the Air/Skywalking glitch in the first place. I only ever tested the [i[first[/i] one and since it worked I went with it. Turns out the second one actually has the unit Jump and land as part of the called animation. When used in a skill that has an AoE you land on just one of the units (the first one that would be targeted, I believe) and hop back to your starting panel just like a Lancer landing from Jump, but the effect plays like normal across all units in the AoE. So Skywalking is now officially a feature and not a bug because it would take away from the personality of the mod at this point. :laugh:

Oh yeah. Almost forgot. :f5h::f5:

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

Celdia posted:

Rosalie, I don't suppose you noticed anything about the goblin while level grinding him, did you? Monsters got a little extra something that I don't think is documented in the game/their descriptions that tries to make up for their lack of equipment but is also a bit of a double-edged sword. :D

Not consciously, no, but a fair amount of this leveling was spamming Mantra and beating up on a Swiftbaned Chocobo while listening to podcasts/Youtube. So, you know, not exactly my usual attention to detail.

In fact, if you hadn't said something, I doubt I would even think to look. How dare you, you've provided a spoiler! (nah it's fine but now I'm gonna go hunting for this so we can blame you for the next delay).

Celdia posted:

Also you called Enchanter a physical murder machine and while that was absolutely accurate before, with the changes to Holy Sword and Magic Blade should also be the same changes to Imbue. All those skills should operate on the same formula and with the fix I did making it MA*WP+K (and Enchanter skills all have a minimum K value of 1 or else they can't inflict statuses; fun quirk of the vanilla game that affects all of the old Holy Sword skills) it should be a whole other world of ridiculous now. :dance:

Something comes to mind: does this affect Venom Strike? That also was using a PA*WP+K formula (or did a really good job pretending), so wouldn't it have inherited the same changes? I can't imagine there's two very similar routines here, especially because if there were you'd likely have had MA-based swordskills in from the get-go.

Celdia
Feb 3, 2019

Friendly Neighborhood
White Mage

Rosalie_A posted:

Something comes to mind: does this affect Venom Strike? That also was using a PA*WP+K formula (or did a really good job pretending), so wouldn't it have inherited the same changes? I can't imagine there's two very similar routines here, especially because if there were you'd likely have had MA-based swordskills in from the get-go.

I don't think so. If I recall correctly, I changed a previously-blank Formula 13 to be the new MA*WP+K formula and left the original PA*WP+K Formula 2D in place for things that I still wanted to be PA-based. I just didn't actually get Formula 13 using MA properly like I had thought/hoped I had at first (or more likely I had it working at some point, then broke everything and had to rebuild the whole mod from scratch and somehow misplaced the working MA formula changes as happens to me about every couple weeks when working on these things. :sweatdrop: ) So all of the intended-to-use-MA skills would be on Formula 13 and the few skills that were never intended to use MA would still be using the original Formula 2D since that went unchanged. Either way, I'd give it a test at some point to make sure before you go relying on it for part of a unit build...but that disclaimer kind of applies to the whole damned mod.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Celdia posted:

I actually have a fix for this now. I could update the mod, but I choose not to.
:yeah:

It's too good to fix.

Celdia
Feb 3, 2019

Friendly Neighborhood
White Mage
So I got bored at work yesterday and made a new mod. It's a very small mod. If you all want to putter around with something a little different go check out FFT:DRM over here: Final Fantasy Tactics: Doublecast Red Mage

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

Celdia posted:

So I got bored at work yesterday and made a new mod. It's a very small mod. If you all want to putter around with something a little different go check out FFT:DRM over here: Final Fantasy Tactics: Doublecast Red Mage

I would like to know more

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

On the one hand I am sad about no Calculator.

On the other hand, doublecast Meteor, you say...

Celdia
Feb 3, 2019

Friendly Neighborhood
White Mage
So, a little more self-promotion that I hope Rosalie won't mind...

I feel like I'm ready to start working on a new FFT project, trying to make an idea I've had brewing for almost a decade finally a reality. Anyone that's played my FFT stuff or is familiar with it at all, I'd appreciate if you had a quick read on the forum over here (no need to sign up or sign in) and participate in the poll linked there. - FFHacktics Forum - Click Me!

Also, FFT:Honored is up to like version v.017e or something now, the last 4 updates of which have pretty much been pure bugfixes. Any feedback/glitch reports I can get on that project would also be great.

We now return you to your regularly-scheduled :f5h::f5: ing.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Celdia posted:

I feel like I'm ready to start working on a new FFT project, trying to make an idea I've had brewing for almost a decade finally a reality. Anyone that's played my FFT stuff or is familiar with it at all, I'd appreciate if you had a quick read on the forum over here (no need to sign up or sign in) and participate in the poll linked there. - FFHacktics Forum - Click Me!

Also, FFT:Honored is up to like version v.017e or something now, the last 4 updates of which have pretty much been pure bugfixes. Any feedback/glitch reports I can get on that project would also be great.

FFT, but all of the characters are teacups.

Less stupid answer: FFT/LUTC crossover

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Celdia posted:

I'm loving excited but I will have to finally get around to finishing CCP2 and, y'know, starting Honored.

DGM_2
Jun 13, 2012
Just finished rereading this. After all this time I'm guessing the LP is dead, but I figure it deserves at least one bump phoenix down before we let it fall into archives crystallize.

Any chance of us getting to see the legendary Riovanes fight after all, or are we done here?

Luninareph
Jan 12, 2019

Why, no, I wouldn't hurt a (butter)fly. Why do you ask?
I would certainly still be very excited to see more, if more was forthcoming at any point. No pressure--simply an affirmation that I like this LP.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

This LP is great and I too would love to see it continue.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
This LP went through periods of no activity before. I simply refuse to believe that it's dead. It's in my bookmarks regardless, and if there's an update 5 years from now, I will happily read it.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
Glad we're still here.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
The LP is not dead. I am writing it now. It is interactive.

The great blue crystal has absorbed Rosalie. What move will you posters use to break it?

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Whatever Lenneth did to release Lyseria

IthilionTheBrave
Sep 5, 2013
I'll wait for Berserk to proc and also use Sanguine Assault alongside it for the 50% strength boost.

DGM_2
Jun 13, 2012

Bogart posted:

The great blue crystal has absorbed Rosalie. What move will you posters use to break it?

Summon Exdeath. He's got a good track record with that sort of thing.

EDIT: What job will the shard with Rosalie's spirit give us?

Cloudmonkey98
Apr 1, 2019
This girl shall just have to locate the nearest desert king and defeat him in mortal tennis to free her

Thats how it went right?

Celdia
Feb 3, 2019

Friendly Neighborhood
White Mage
Last I talked to Rosalie there were some very not-Factorio distractions in real life causing complications with having free time to work on the LP, but the project isn't dead.

I will keep :f5h::f5: 'ing though.

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

A tenacious little mouse!

An LP came back after 10 years so never give up hope.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Celdia posted:

Last I talked to Rosalie there were some very not-Factorio distractions in real life causing complications with having free time to work on the LP, but the project isn't dead.

Thanks for updating us. As long as Rosalie is okay, I have hope that she will someday resume the LP :)

Celdia posted:

I will keep :f5h::f5: 'ing though.

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Started playing this mod myself, it loving owns, great job Celdia!

For more actual discussion: any tips for Rad's Blue Mage? Blue mage is probably my favorite FF job so I'm stoked it's in this. I'm guessing most blue magic scales off MA, but he needs to be in close range, so maybe pair it up with mage knight? I realize I haven't really checked his base stats yet.

Also, is there a way to check formulas etc? I'm guessing would require some kind of decompiling of the game itself.