Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Vintersorg posted:

I know it's supposed to say Survivor but this penmanship doesn't sit right with me.

"Suevivdé"

Though I feel a little bad about talking poo poo about a cancer survivor, they really should've leveraged that survivor outlook into finding someone who actually knows how to write cursive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

Vintersorg posted:

I know it's supposed to say Survivor but this penmanship doesn't sit right with me.

The R's should be curled on the left, not the right, the V doesn't loop like that to connect to the next letter and the O has a double loop. The tail on the last R should also be low and end in a way that doesn't look like a failed connection to an invisible letter. I can understand lovely cursive that's all blobby but this is literally done in the most horrific non english way I can't even comprehend how you'd write like this. Tall loops are only done for tall letters (t, l, d etc) you don't put them on the tops of other letters!!! The V looks like an F or J instead of an V what the hell? :psyduck:

Also the S is printed, not cursive style. Why are there flourishes on a loving primary school style printed S? gently caress you tattoo for making me irrationally angry!

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

:nws: https://twitter.com/ShitTats/status/386192514145058816/photo/1 :nws:

I want to die.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Just follow the directions; death should swiftly occur.

EvilMuppet
Jul 29, 2006

Good night catte thread, give them all many patts. I'm sorry,
I just bought my flatmate a tattoo gun kit on Ebay for her birthday! Will post here with results.

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
The sudden reminder that I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about

My girlfriend informs me that this hunk of wasted flesh is a terrible, dirty, Sandusky-ite.

EvilMuppet posted:

I just bought my flatmate a tattoo gun kit My First Kitchen Wizard Playset on Ebay for her birthday! Will post here with results.

Contributing to the death of tattooing should be punishable by "I'm a twat" in comic sans on your forehead.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

EvilMuppet posted:

I just bought my flatmate a tattoo gun kit on Ebay for her birthday! Will post here with results.

Should have got her some of these.

http://www.ketchummfg.com/Tattoo-Supplies-c39.html

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"
From a friend of a friend of a friend on Facebook:

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

DorkusMalorkus posted:

From a friend of a friend of a friend on Facebook:

That's rambly as hell. I was surprised I didn't find a "did not read" tattoo to post in response. But I found this:

Speaking of rambling messes, here's the blog of the person that has the above tattoo.
And since I read pieces of the blog post, I know those are from "The Little Prince", which has very wispy artwork from what I remember seeing. Those tattoos are still kinda crappy, mostly the fox.

Cool. Now I can really make fun of the fox.

vvvvvvvvvv

Bored has a new favorite as of 15:54 on Oct 5, 2013

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
That doesn't look anything like the Little Prince fox, which is orange and has ridiculously huge ears. (Shown in the last image here.) It's a completely different badly-drawn fox, wtf?

AlbieQuirky has a new favorite as of 07:16 on Oct 5, 2013

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Bukowski
Dec 28, 2009

hammulder
dank submission??? :350: :drugnerd: heh heh

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Say Nothing posted:

So, why the long face?

Why would you want the Allstate guy on you? He only shows up for disasters or problems, just like Mayhem does.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

Khazar-khum posted:

Why would you want the Allstate guy on you? He only shows up for disasters or problems, just like Mayhem does.

in that case, this tattoo is like a catch-22 of appropriateness

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

For, you see, she is apple-bottomed.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Khazar-khum posted:

I don't know what you're talking about. A)That's clearly the old Filipino guy who trained me at my first job. B)That looks nothing like Pedro Cerrano.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Gyges posted:

I don't know what you're talking about. A)That's clearly the old Filipino guy who trained me at my first job. B)That looks nothing like Pedro Cerrano.
I thought it was Morgan Freeman when I first saw it, but I'm sure it's supposed to be Nelson Mandala.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

When I was into body mod stuff I looked into getting a tattoo this way. A friend's family raised livestock and had an autoclave.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
"Hog Slap Tattoo" :cry:

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

"Hog Slap Tattoo" :cry:

Awesome name for a band.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

Ta gueule, laisse-moi finir.

The snide tone in this one is annoying. These tattoos are painfully generic, yes, but I'd rather have that than another baby furry in soiled diapers.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

If you look at it from the tattoo artist's perspective who printed that out though - after the 10th infinity/feather tattoo that day you'd get snide about it and even draw a diapered furry for a change.

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

every day could be your last
in the jungle

Palpek posted:

If you look at it from the tattoo artist's perspective who printed that out though - after the 10th infinity/feather tattoo that day you'd get snide about it and even draw a diapered furry for a change.

A friend of mine decided to put a large infinity sign up in his station, and put a mark up for every one he did. He stopped when he got to around 45 in a month.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
What would the male equivalent of that sheet would be? Most of the stereotypical "guy tattoos" I'm thinking of hasn't been popular in a decade or more.

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning

fullroundaction posted:

What would the male equivalent of that sheet would be? Most of the stereotypical "guy tattoos" I'm thinking of hasn't been popular in a decade or more.

Here in the UK it's most likely "FOOTBALL LOGO" of whatever club they're a supporter of.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Polynesian Tribal? Generic 90's Tribal? Lots of tearing flesh atm, ugghh.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Old Nintendo symbols (Tri-force, 1-up), picture with wacky phrase on a word ribbon, a cut of meat, something that wouldn't wear a top hat wackily wearing one, etc.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

quote:

I started getting this tattoo on October 11th last year, but it wasn't completed until March of this year. It was about 15 hours of work... even I admit, it hurt - but not as much as losing Athus did...

The tattoo has a lot of elements to it. First of all, the design for Athus came from his favorite badge - which was drawn by narse. I brought a lot of different designs to the tattoo artist but when he found out that Athus's mate drew this particular picture - he really wanted to use that picture, and I agreed ^_^

The background is actually based on artwork I drew based on the beautiful place we spread his ashes. The butterflies are based on the ones from the "Butterfly Dragon" video he posted on his FA just days before the accident. And in the sky you'll notice the constellation Draco :)

Was going to wait for Friday to post this, as well as the next picture I am going to post - but holding off has been tearing me up. Plus I will be at AZFurCon on Friday - so I'd rather not have to worry about it then - Athus would want me to have fun!

Even though I miss him like crazy, to get to see this every day - I can't help but smile. One is only gone if they are forgotten - and he will NEVER be forgotten.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Everything was kinda going okay then AZFurCon and I loving groaned. I kinda knew it was coming but was hoping it was maybe something about losing a pet lizard or something that can be seen as a dragon.

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Sometimes I feel like this.

If the dragon wasn't so anthropomorphic, I'd have said it was a very silly but kind of cute tattoo, probably something better left on the cover of a fantasy novel but not terrible. That stupid anime hair, though.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
So is that his furry persona? Headmate or whatever they call em?

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

Assoonasitits
Dec 11, 2007

I guess frogout is too polite to simply say "begone".

This. I am in tears from this. It looks like it was drawn on with Crayola washable markers by an 8-year-old. With this in mind, I submit that this is the essence of the culture of the south distilled and presented as the stupidest tattoo ever.

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
The sudden reminder that I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about

What's this supposed to be?

Sir Bruce
Jul 8, 2004

Captain Trips posted:

What's this supposed to be?

An exquisitely done Indiana state flag symbol.

Rozzbot
Nov 4, 2009

Pork, lamb, chicken and ham
Animes on your wrists forever

E:
Better angle

Rozzbot has a new favorite as of 02:48 on Oct 9, 2013

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Assoonasitits posted:

This. I am in tears from this. It looks like it was drawn on with Crayola washable markers by an 8-year-old. With this in mind, I submit that this is the essence of the culture of the south distilled and presented as the stupidest tattoo ever.

Suddenly these children books I've been reading my kids take on a whole new meaning.

The adorable adventures of a young white supremacist.

homerlaw
Sep 21, 2008

Plants are the best ergo Sylvari=Best

Ok Fella posted:

So is that his furry persona? Headmate or whatever they call em?

I looked it up and apparently it was his boyfriend
http://en.wikifur.com/wiki/Athus_Nadorian

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

White supremacists, ladies and gentlemen. Your Master Race at work.

• Locked thread