Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

ruddiger posted:

Snyder was born in Wisconsin and raised in Connecticut, why did they chose detroit style for the pizza? :raise:

They tried to meet him halfway.

*googles map of USA*

I’m standing by my geographically poor joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

ruddiger posted:

Snyder was born in Wisconsin and raised in Connecticut, why did they chose detroit style for the pizza? :raise:

Because it's good, op

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

Because it's good, op

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Tavern style would've been way more conducive to the interview structure.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

CelticPredator posted:

It might not be good

Oh well?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Yeah

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

To actually answer your question: part one of rebel moon will be released in december, it’s planned as a trilogy, there’s a video game tie in planned, and recently we got a small preview of the giant spider monster called Harmada

https://twitter.com/snydernetflix/status/1647183711815847937?s=46&t=yPIpoeD_1zo6-P4nl9Hh1g

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

McCloud posted:

To actually answer your question: part one of rebel moon will be released in december, it’s planned as a trilogy, there’s a video game tie in planned, and recently we got a small preview of the giant spider monster called Harmada

https://twitter.com/snydernetflix/status/1647183711815847937?s=46&t=yPIpoeD_1zo6-P4nl9Hh1g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BD-LOm8cqn0

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
They're the fiercest killers in the animal kingdom.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

ruddiger posted:

"It's very heavy though, so we might get sluggish about halfway through the interview."

Headline: Russos SLAM Snyder To His FACE! Before Feeding Him PIZZA!!!

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

I'm sure it's a coincidence that Harmada is similar to Hamada.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

I'm pretty sure they're both based on a Japanese mythological creature.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

roffels posted:

I'm sure it's a coincidence that Harmada is similar to Hamada.

I will be legit surprised if she doesn't die at the hands of bloodaxe

Violator
May 15, 2003

LOL that’s the last monster design I ever want to see. Yuck, can’t stand it. I have trouble watching those Hobbit and Harry Potter scenes. Eight Legged Freaks and Arachnophobia are almost impossible.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

CelticPredator posted:

It might not be good

Statistically unlikely

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I'm pretty sure they're both based on a Japanese mythological creature.

Famous Japanese myth, Gremlins 2.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Hey, you'd be surprised. But I mean more I think I've heard something or other about a myth of a spider lady with cannibalistic and misguidedly maternal overtones? Some wonder if Coraline was inspired by it.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

I didn't mean to be snarky, it's just that Gremlins 2 is the first concrete example my mind goes to when I think about spider-centaurs.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Y'all're just turnt on Lolth.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Grendels Dad posted:

I didn't mean to be snarky, it's just that Gremlins 2 is the first concrete example my mind goes to when I think about spider-centaurs.

I think about EU Darth Maul.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

https://twitter.com/jackieearle/status/1648687909640470533?s=46&t=uiUehxbkNdNcN0PmfZ4Vaw

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Two Bears High-Fiving.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Superman dabbing in the lower right and left.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Two

Jimbot posted:

Two Bears High-Fiving.

gently caress

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Superman dabbing in the lower right and left.

Lmao I see it too.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

*squinting*

Snyderverserestored

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Batman wearing a hat that is simultaneously a Superman logo and a Batman logo. Batman doesn't look too happy about it, as the hat looks rather silly.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Grendels Dad posted:

Batman wearing a hat that is simultaneously a Superman logo and a Batman logo. Batman doesn't look too happy about it, as the hat looks rather silly.

Nice! I see it too.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Grendels Dad posted:

as the hat looks rather silly.

Leave Batman’s Hong Kong Phooey hat alone.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

McCloud posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emvkz3FRM6I

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
Watching this owl movie finally, dang this is brutal. Right into child slaves, maiming them, and then murdering an owl.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

checkplease posted:

Watching this owl movie finally, dang this is brutal. Right into child slaves, maiming them, and then murdering an owl.

Legend of Guardians goes super hard. Such an underappreciated movie. Shame we'll never get sequels.

teagone fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Apr 24, 2023

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

teagone posted:

Legend of Guardians goes super hard. Such an underappreciated movie. Shame we'll never get sequels.

I like it's relationship with 300. It reminds me of the line from Drive to Only God Forgives. In both cases, the later film is the director yelling the not very subtle message of the prior film much louder and less subtlely.

"War is bad, guys, warrior cults are bad, fascism's bad, it's pretty much all bad."

"Ryan Gosling, even though he's lovely, is playing an rear end in a top hat, come on guys"

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Yeah, I forget who mentioned it, but Legend of Guardians should be required viewing if you're going to comment on 300 as Snyder being pro-fash or whatever and I completely agree. They're great companion pieces and compliment one another perfectly.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

The reaction to that Russo Bros interview was mostly dunking on their skill as directors (I'm not their biggest fan either), but the interview is actually quite good with a lot of interesting anecdotes and insight from Snyder. He has a lot of interesting little stories about his collaborators, especially in the back half.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

One of the things that stuck with me from that interview was actually from the Russos, when they said that the studios are always behind the curve when it comes to what audiences want, and if you serve your audiences nothing but ice cream eventually they'll throw it back in your face

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
:thunk: :thunkher: Whatever could they mean by this?

Also that "Harmada" thing shows nothing has been learned from Mummy 2 twenty years ago; stuff like that always looks like poo poo in live-action, the CGI quality doesn't matter.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Bugblatter posted:

The reaction to that Russo Bros interview was mostly dunking on their skill as directors (I'm not their biggest fan either), but the interview is actually quite good with a lot of interesting anecdotes and insight from Snyder. He has a lot of interesting little stories about his collaborators, especially in the back half.

I think pretty much all of us in the CineD discord agreed it was a very insightful and well put together interview. Definitely gave me some perspective. I likely won't ever watch another episode of that show, but big ups to the Russos for making something worthwhile and enriching.

[edit] Lol, that last comment comes off as backhanded after re-reading, but whatever.

teagone fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Apr 25, 2023

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose

teagone posted:

It definitely had the sequel setup and a lot more of the world to explain. Overall it felt a bit overstuffed for 90 mins, but still a great watch.

Luckily a good portion of that time was spent on the fascist society and owl war (with great owl sword action). Some of the details of the world get undercooked like wtf is a Gahoole or gizzard or that owls can blacksmith, but you still get the point and basic story. Also lol at owl city song in the middle/credits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

One of the things that I liked about Owl Movie is that when they showed the Owl Armor and Owl Weapons I said "oh come on, what, do they have a little Owl blacksmith who makes this poo poo?!?" and within 5 minutes they showed a dope rear end montage of a very serious Owl Blacksmith who, in fact, makes that poo poo.