Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
DUSTIN VS BLACK 26 18.31%
HAYTER VS RUBY 27 19.01%
PINNACLE VS DARK ORDER 7 4.93%
HOBBS VS DANTE 48 33.80%
MOX VS SUZUKI 34 23.94%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Cerebral Bore posted:

When they write the Death of AEW book the first chapter will be called "The Suzuki Incident"

Chapter 1: The Nightmare Collective

Chapter 2: The Winter of Brian Cage's Discontent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Daniel Bryan talking about his vegetarianism / veganism:

quote:

My diet also had implications for how people saw me. My first NXT match against Chris Jericho went really well and when Chris got to the back, he expressed to Vince McMahon what a great job I’d done. As Chris tells it, Vince responded almost in disgust, grunting and then saying, “Him? He doesn’t even eat meat!”

I'm not surprised but loving lol at someone in like 2009 going UGH HOW CAN THIS GUY BE A GOOD WRESTLER, HE DOESN'T EAT MEAT! ONE OF MY TOP GUYS IS PUTTING HIM OVER BUT UGH HE EATS RABBIT FOOD UGH.

(Later DBry goes on to say Vince never liked him specifically because of his lifestyle and his opinions, and goes on to basically not say but still say that that was why things never really worked out for him in the WWE)

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

IGgy IGsen posted:

Good idea, but the premise is not "find the killer" but "find an alibi for Suzuki, who obviously did it and tells everyone he did it it, and frame someone else"

I was imagining Suzuki as the cause of The Most Horrible Event and then leading the world into despair. He is the Ultimate Grandpa.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

(Later DBry goes on to say Vince never liked him specifically because of his lifestyle and his opinions, and goes on to basically not say but still say that that was why things never really worked out for him in the WWE)
When is this from? He was pretty upfront in the media scrum that he didn't leave WWE over culture or personality clashes, but that he wanted to wrestle unshackled at a high level. Anyone who hasn't watched him in the scrum should, he's fantastic in it.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i will never watch a scrum

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Spiderdrake posted:

When is this from? He was pretty upfront in the media scrum that he didn't leave WWE over culture or personality clashes, but that he wanted to wrestle unshackled at a high level. Anyone who hasn't watched him in the scrum should, he's fantastic in it.

The book was released in 2015.

And I don't think these two things are really in conflict. Obviously he put up with Vince for many years while he could have gone to NJPW or something at any time so he couldn't have been completely miserable, but equally obviously he also didn't get used or pushed as well as he should have.

And yeah the media scrum was excellent.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

MRT I know you have an artistic vision that you will complain about being compromised but this needs to be added to the OP

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Rarity posted:

MRT I know you have an artistic vision that you will complain about being compromised but this needs to be added to the OP

Completely agree. Also: If you don't do it Suzuki will come for you first.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

IGgy IGsen posted:

Completely agree. Also: If you don't do it Suzuki will come for you first.

This raises an interesting philosophical question. Given that we will all be murdered by Minoru Suzuki eventually, is it better to be first and get it over with quickly or be last and live in fear for many years waiting for the inevitable?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

The problem with Leyla / Jade right now is that they need to balance Jade's streak with Jade looking like she can wrestle competitive matches with not making Leyla look bad because she's got huge upside and is a great worker.

Part of me wants to give this to Leyla but in a way that leaves Jade looking strong. Competitive 10 minute match, Jade dominates hard towards the end, but Leyla outwrestles her, does a flash takedown and gets the pin. Then an angry Jade attacks her, we get a run-in from someone, and that someone becomes Jade's next feud while Leyla goes on to face Britt. End result is Leytla looks good, and Jade gets to be angry rather than cocky, which I think would look better than her.

However Jade's unbeaten streak is special at the moment. So probably the correct course of action is a competitive match with Leyla that leaves her a bit rattled. Maybe a visual 3 count that isn't counted because of Mark Sterling distracting the ref. And still having the beatdown post match.

They have options, is what I'm saying. But most of them depend on Jade being able to wrestle a good ten minute singles match.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Jade’s winning

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
https://twitter.com/DREAM_ProWrest/status/1437949050301698049

If you need more Outrunners and if you want to see the team of Halal Beefcake

and he has a twitch https://twitch.tv/turbofloyd_

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Cerebral Bore posted:

This raises an interesting philosophical question. Given that we will all be murdered by Minoru Suzuki eventually, is it better to be first and get it over with quickly or be last and live in fear for many years waiting for the inevitable?

ah, the "Eaten First" dilemma

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Jade’s winning

Toxx or gtfo :colbert:

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Cerebral Bore posted:

Suzuki's Basilisk

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Jiro posted:

Finally revenge for the Mox's after 2.0 was being so disrespectful to Renee and the baby!

Was just catching up to BTE and got to that bit, absolutely amazing :allears:

I like to think they were laying down the challenge to the babby :shobon:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Cerebral Bore posted:

I want an It Follows sequel starring Minoru Suzuki and I want it right now.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

sticklefifer posted:

best idea i've ever read itt

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

sticklefifer posted:

Why would they make a documentary as a follow-up to a fictional movie though? :confused:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

holy poo poo

it's wednesday

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

FINALLY, we've been starved of new AEW content for too long.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
So now that Adam Cole's in AEW, how tall is he?

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

CobiWann posted:

So now that Adam Cole's in AEW, how tall is he?

Still 6 feet.
Everyone else gets billed as a little taller to compensate. Marko Stunt is now 5'8''

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

Lamuella posted:

ah, the "Eaten First" dilemma

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

:perfect:

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

"You can't go back! You can't make them play Kaze Ni Nare in full! It will destroy everything!"

"LIAR! I WILL prevent the Suzuki Incident! I have to! I've come too far, drat you!"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Tony Khan: You can help, I've heard of you, you're a God, you can fix this, just give Bryan Danielson 5 sta-
Dave Meltzer: The thing is, y'know, journalistic integrity is.... I met this guy at Stanford and, the thing is..... so so so so so so you can't just, there's a principle you have to, uhhhh, you have to make sure you don't get, you don't want to get, I knew a guy who made that mistake and.... the thing is you have to maintan journalistic, I remember one time Dana White called me up.... Dana calls me you know, Vince used to too, back in 1987 there was this one time......

CaptainApathyUK
Sep 6, 2010

Everyone seems to have completely ignored Halal Beefcake because loving hell that's an incredible tag team name.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Abroham Lincoln posted:

yeah that's pretty true

That's more like it. Multiple Terry Funks fighting forever.

Forever!

Forever!

Forever!

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

sticklefifer posted:

Suzuki standing on the roof of your house, staring at you as you drive away. Knowing that he's going to catch up pretty soon, no matter how far you drive.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Abroham Lincoln posted:

yeah that's pretty true

I miss Bear Country

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I wanna hit Minoru Suzuki.

I know he will then destroy me. I’m fine with that. I want to take my swing and see if he would laugh or nod approvingly before he hits me so hard I turn to dust.

Skjorte
Jul 5, 2010

rotinaj posted:

I wanna hit Minoru Suzuki.

I know he will then destroy me. I’m fine with that. I want to take my swing and see if he would laugh or nod approvingly before he hits me so hard I turn to dust.

This reads like the inner monologue Liger must've had before taking on Suzuki in Pancrase:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hTdEb5VG9A

I remember seeing this in the mid-2000s and being furious that Suzuki didn't play along/give Liger a chance to do some more fun moves. Little did I know that Suzuki would slowly but surely creep his way into my wrasslin' heart. (And watching it back now, I see he's really just playing with Liger rather than trying to hurt him. Though I still don't think it'd be a fun time to be on the receiving end of.)

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Nvm

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
https://twitter.com/wrestlepurists/status/1438085989289844738?s=21

A happy, motivated Punk is such a huge boost to the rest of the roster

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I've been kinda bored with his onscreen stuff so far but just having a motivated Punk around backstage to do exactly that is probably the best possible outcome for the company. I hope he sticks around even after he's done wrestling.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
if you had to bet on who wins gold first, would you take JB, MJF or Sammy G?

edit: wondering if we have enough winks @ Sammy / Miro by now, with the Fuego stuff, the "weakness" stuff, and Sammy being about ready for something like a TNT reign

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

smarxist posted:

if you had to bet on who wins gold first, would you take JB, MJF or Sammy G?

edit: wondering if we have enough winks @ Sammy / Miro by now, with the Fuego stuff, the "weakness" stuff, and Sammy being about ready for something like a TNT reign

They call him a Spanish God

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Daniel Bryan talking about his vegetarianism / veganism:

I'm not surprised but loving lol at someone in like 2009 going UGH HOW CAN THIS GUY BE A GOOD WRESTLER, HE DOESN'T EAT MEAT! ONE OF MY TOP GUYS IS PUTTING HIM OVER BUT UGH HE EATS RABBIT FOOD UGH.

This is particularly psychotic because I'm pretty sure Bryan doesn't do that for moralistic reasons, he literally has health issues that prevent him from eating meat that he found out when he first joined WWE in 2009.

Then again, knowing Vince, if he did it voluntarily he'd probably somehow respect it more because it would be Bryan "not letting his body win" or whatever the gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Apparently they really like each other,for whatever that's worth.