Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
I’m enjoying BT3 Bethlehem a lot, the utility of just dropping 4 blue tiles anywhere almost ensures an Aurora time off the bat if you have one more converter. Cost a bit.

But I snagged Novio in the first ten-pull I tried on his, with the last 3000 I had remaining.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

The Moon Monster posted:

Bethlehem only seems worth going for to me if you're willing to commit to at least BT 3 or don't already have Sariel and Klekken. Novio is great though, so I just got him. He's like 75% of a detonator plus 125% of a healer. There's also a collab with some dragon maid show coming up soon, apparently.

Beth is solidly Alright at BT0... Selecting the tiles you get to convert is huge even without preemptive. It was really funny watching the community freak out about how she sucked and slowly change their minds

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Soothing Vapors posted:

Beth is solidly Alright at BT0... Selecting the tiles you get to convert is huge even without preemptive. It was really funny watching the community freak out about how she sucked and slowly change their minds

Yeah, I'm saying you don't need to pull for the "solidly alright" converter if you already have the good ones. Having a skill that does strong conversion but is on a 4 turn, non-preemptive cooldown (and not doing much when her skill isn't ready) puts her in the same category as the cross converters with 1-3 dupes, which I personally find pretty underwhelming for the most hyped unit in the history of the game.

Part of the problem is her uniquely lovely banner, which unlike every other banner they've ever done (except the newbie banner if you really want to split hairs) doesn't carry its pity counter forward to any other banner. If this came with something like a bigger rate up it would be easier to stomach. But it doesn't, it's just worse than a regular banner so it's hard to justify for a unit that's pretty average. They're also putting her up against Novio, the best unit they've released in quite some time (since Gram, maybe?), AND there's a collab on the horizon which will probably also be limited.

Anyway she's not useless or Smokey-tier or anything, but I can hardly blame people for being disappointed or discouraged from pulling. She looks downright good at BT3 but her special banner makes that particularly painful to shoot for.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

At least they confirmed she would be put into the pool later, just in like. half a year or so

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

I lucked out and got BT3 Beth with pretty minimal investment, being able to convert around an enemy unit kicks rear end. Beat Frosty Snow of Doom on my first try once I put her on the team, had been struggling with it for days

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

oh right, dragon maid collab. legitimately forgot this was happening. well, i got the fire 6* from the free pull, so that's cool i guess. :v: (i know literally nothing about this IP besides hearing some unsavory things about the original creator)

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Mix. posted:

oh right, dragon maid collab. legitimately forgot this was happening. well, i got the fire 6* from the free pull, so that's cool i guess. :v: (i know literally nothing about this IP besides hearing some unsavory things about the original creator)

Yeah, I'd never heard of it, looks like some harem anime with the gimmick of maids+dragons which sounds just awful but whatever.

The units all seem pretty skippable tbh. But I like to pull and I was able to get both of the 6*s in around 45 pulls (plus Nemesis BT5!), so that's pretty nice. Neither of the 5*s, weirdly enough. The fire one looks like the better of the 6*s. Their BT6s are both worthless which is a trend I hope continues.

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

lol I got BT3 kanna (the only one I really have a spot for) within an hour of the event starting without spending a dime (maybe 20 pulls total?) so I guess that’s done and dusted. And grats on BT5 nemesis that is life-changing

ChunTheUnavoidable fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Jan 13, 2022

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

The Moon Monster posted:

Neither of the 5*s, weirdly enough.

The event has a selector box that gets you one of them

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Well, I'm on board the train. I started a hair after the Beth event, and spent most of my new player Luma on the collab pavilions*. BT3 Kanna's helping!

I'm really liking the new event, though. It raises a bunch of very large questions about the setting, though, not least— have we been on Earth all along?

If you want to friend me, my ID is 184894118.

*I call banners 'pavilions' due to previous experiences with Love Nikki: Dress-Up Queen.

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

I couldn’t find ya but I’m on NA, if anyone wants to add I’m 50393475. I have a BT3 Beth and an MBT Maggie that might be helpful if you’re trying to beat 10-14. Also just shoot me a message if you need my MBT Naroxel or BT3 Uriel for a tile breaker boss

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Oh, yeah, forgot to mention I'm on JP (a friend of mine started before NA was a thing, I think).

And I just beat 10-14 last night. Final team: Eicy A3:1 BT2 Eq.2 / Hedy A2:21 BT2 Eq.2 / Kleken A3:1 BT2 Eq.1 / Revy A3:1 BT2 Eq.1 / Faust A3:1 BT2 Eq.3
I survived with 1% HP, so I think I had no real business winning the fight. :sweatdrop:

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

That’s a good team for it honestly! Lots of converters and multiple colors. You definitely had the right approach

Anfauglir
Jun 8, 2007
I just started playing this a week or so ago, and I'm enjoying it immensely. Very much "we stole everything from Arknights" but I wasn't a fan of the tower defense gameplay, this is much better to me. Any useful internet resources outside of trying to find stuff on the reddit that isn't trash?

Also add me as a friend, I have no friends and want some. ID is 83978800

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Anfauglir posted:

I just started playing this a week or so ago, and I'm enjoying it immensely. Very much "we stole everything from Arknights" but I wasn't a fan of the tower defense gameplay, this is much better to me. Any useful internet resources outside of trying to find stuff on the reddit that isn't trash?

Also add me as a friend, I have no friends and want some. ID is 83978800

Here's a useful database: https://alchemystars.kloenlansfiel.com

Here's my 5 second tier list for new players:

Top Tier: Eicy/Faust/Sariel/Klekken/Nikinis/Pact/Gronru/Beverly and also Hiiro

Next Tier: 6 star Detonators and also Novio

Next Tier: Other 6 stars

Next Tier: Other 5 stars

Next Tier: 4 stars and utility 3 stars

Bottom Tier: DPS 3 stars

Hiiro is coming up soon on the rotating recruitment banner so it will be a good place to blow some of your new player gacha currency.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
There are some unique lower-star characters that have some surprising usefulness - Tessa, on yellow, has an ability that can be combined with other yellow assets to make a surprisingly good team leader. Her active ability is like a magnet that can cause a double explosion when/if the enemy can be pulled in or if other enemies are within close range. Every time your yellow team uses a skill, that damage amount potential increases. Combining that with Luke, whose ability does damage whenever the enemy moves, and who can use a skill every turn, or converters with reduced cooldown, and her potential is magnified. Luke's skill is also great for farming the upgrade material from Dark Summoner, who will chase you fully across the board every four turns, which means if you're over half the board away he'll basically commit suicide.

Edit: Here's hoping I snag a BT3 for Hiiro tonight.

Double edit: rngesus was benevolent to me tonight, got some sweet rolls. Congrats to SV on his BT3 as well :)

Abugadu fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Feb 1, 2022

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

Speaking of low-tier characters who are way better than they should be, Tiny One is absolutely amazing through the early game and I still whip her out now and then when I need as much conversion as possible.

She was really crucial to me beating 10-14 for the first time, as she’s able to put down the prisms in advance without getting in the way of the other colors you’re setting up, and then “unfold” them even if she’s cursed on that turn. She and Pasolo were great together because their abilities have such low cooldown you can cast them pretty much every time you shut down the daemons and never get screwed out of your turn

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

Finally beat this jerk and got to floor 80 of the Spire. It’s starting to get *really* hard. Lucoa is amazing, she’s so strong in these marathon boss fights

ChunTheUnavoidable fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Feb 2, 2022

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Tiny One is really good, yeah. And Pasolo's Bleed effects can shred bosses. They're both good characters if used in the right situation.

Since you've gotten that high in the Spire, any advice on Floor 43 (the two Solmorphs)? I keep getting beaten up - each shot takes off 3/8 of my entire HP bar, or more.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Quackles posted:

Tiny One is really good, yeah. And Pasolo's Bleed effects can shred bosses. They're both good characters if used in the right situation.

Since you've gotten that high in the Spire, any advice on Floor 43 (the two Solmorphs)? I keep getting beaten up - each shot takes off 3/8 of my entire HP bar, or more.

You can pretty much brute force them if you have a full team of A3s. If not then you have to pay a lot of attention to their positioning, teleports and knockbacks are helpful for this. Good conversion is also super important. You can do plays where one solmorph blocks the other so you only take one hit and the like. The difficulty curve on the spires kind of sucks, 43 is massively harder than anything before it, and if you can clear it you can probably make it all the way to the mid 60s.

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

Quackles posted:

That one was extremely difficult… I’m not 100% sure but believe I used Paloma, Hedy, Pasolo, Hiiro, and I think Jola just to keep that obnoxious tile reset move from trapping me next to them. I may have swapped Pasolo or Hedy for Uriah to mitigate damage, or Naroxel to get out when they cornered me. And like Moon Monster says, if you just power level it’s doable with less strategy (that’s how I beat it in molten spire).

It was a really long and difficult fight and I switched around my teams quite a bit on multiple attempts before I eventually won. There’s an even harder version of that fight with two Solfalls, the upgraded version of Solmorph, on floor 55 :doggo:

Also attaching this image of the final moments of the Spire floor 80 “Deathless” who heals to max whenever one of its fragments dies. Was such a slog getting the little bastards corralled so that I could take them out in one go without their health getting restored or my abilities put on a 4 turn CD

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Oh jeez. Deathless. It took me so long to 3-star Chapter 8, and he was why. I am not happy to know he comes back...

(As an aside, my life got so much nicer after I started throwing out any simulator disks I get for Deathless and Boredom Shatterblast, who lives up to his acronym.)

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

i *hate* the breath control III Boredom Shatterblast disk. And the deathless one I can’t even beat on hard

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

https://twitter.com/AlchemyStarsEN/status/1537585856076476416?s=20&t=VfZdEtMAm1p962oPCPVFqA

Not sure how many people are still playing but welp

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

I'm still playing.

Hoo boy.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

Still playing, having good luck with the RNG. Haven't really pushed hard at the endgame content though.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I'm still playing because it's like a 5 minute a day game so why not. Reinhardt is cool. Can't say I care much about a P5 collab, I hope it's better then the Dragon Maid one in, like, every respect.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Should I be focusing my team on a single color or a mix of colors so I can attack every turn?

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

Jack Trades posted:

Should I be focusing my team on a single color or a mix of colors so I can attack every turn?

I played with a 2-color team for the first 10 or so chapters, and it was totally fine.

The game is generous enough and the strategies are varied enough that you can rainbow it through most of the early to mid content.

When you get to late game stuff, though, you'll find that you've probably accumulated enough bodies to form a single-element team for each of the colors. Each team should ideally consist of at least two converters, two damage dealers (detonators or snipers, depending on the enemy - single tile, go sniper, multi-tile, go detonator, but this isn't a hard/fast rule as they usually have quirks/gimmicks), and the fifth can be whatever - a healer, another converter, another damage dealer, or someone with a really fun gimmick.

Have fun with it early and play with the characters you like, you'll have plenty of opportunity later to min/max stuff.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Jack Trades posted:

Meta is either single color, or an off color captain with 4 of a single color. Conversion is super important for non-trivial content and using those team formats means you make the most of it. Fights generally revolve around "burst turns" where you can use all your abilities and draw a long line to activate aurorian time and use powerful CCs.

If you're wondering what to pull on, this tier list isn't perfect but it's quite good as far as gacha tier lists go: https://alchemystars.kloenlansfiel.com/tier. Early on I'd target converters, you can make low rarity DPS work but low rarity converters don't really cut it for the most part, with some notable exceptions. The current limited unit, Mia: Lustrous Soul, is also very strong.

The Moon Monster fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Jun 13, 2023

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I haven't played this game in forever, but I'm glad that Tessa is somehow still in S rank.

_jink
Jan 14, 2006

The Moon Monster posted:

If you're wondering what to pull on, this tier list isn't perfect but it's quite good as far as gacha tier lists go: https://alchemystars.kloenlansfiel.com/tier. Early on I'd target converters, you can make low rarity DPS work but low rarity converters don't really cut it for the most part, with some notable exceptions. The current limited unit, Mia: Lustrous Soul, is also very strong.

this site wasn't being updated last i checked, but the sheet it's pulling from here still is

edit: oh, actually clicking on it, looks like it's just migrating to a new url. the spreadsheet version is a little more pleasant to navigate though imo

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

Finally beat Spire 100 for all teams. F95 and the one with the Deathless that heals itself were the worst by far.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Abugadu posted:

Finally beat Spire 100 for all teams. F95 and the one with the Deathless that heals itself were the worst by far.

Congratulations! Pat yourself on the back - you've earned it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Abugadu posted:

Now you just have to complete 4x10 levels of ultimate spire :getin: