Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

haha get hosed UTSA

sorry Western :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

That hard fuckin sucks, from NY6 to no bowl in only a season. We had our chances, but hopefully next year, when our QBs have some kind of experience, will be a little better. Godamnit

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I really like watching UTSA’s offense so that’s kind of a bummer

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

MourningView posted:

Wasn’t any bowl they got invited too going to bankrupt them?

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Oh boy going from a national contender to being exiled to play a G5 in a consolation game yet again. gently caress this team.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Oh boy going from a national contender to being exiled to play a G5 in a consolation game yet again. gently caress this team.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
In my defense smashing another mid major would have been incredibly boring

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?

RumbleFish posted:

Ugh. I'm about as uninterested as I can be in yet another Outback Bowl and against a recent opponent to boot (Michigan). I'm really loving bored of playing Big Ten teams.

Fingers crossed Michigan holds hard to their path to mediocrity.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

lmfao

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
So I guess technically Michigan jumped Sparty as far as bowl game rankings go but is it wrong that I really don't give a gently caress? :shrug: Florida, CA...just play a competitive game in SD and that's all I really care about.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

No Texas vs. A&M makes me a sad panda. :(

gently caress Missouri.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

mercenarynuker posted:

That hard fuckin sucks, from NY6 to no bowl in only a season. We had our chances, but hopefully next year, when our QBs have some kind of experience, will be a little better. Godamnit

What do you think of Lester so far?

GobiasIndustries posted:

So I guess technically Michigan jumped Sparty as far as bowl game rankings go but is it wrong that I really don't give a gently caress? :shrug: Florida, CA...just play a competitive game in SD and that's all I really care about.

Yeah it’s a nice change of pace from all the interchangeable NYD games in Florida against SEC opponents. Plus Cougs are way more fun than Cocks.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

gently caress Missouri.

Right back atcha buddy.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

MourningView posted:

Uh, have we been watching the same UTSA team recently? The one that scored 7, 9, and 6 to close out the season

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

ISU against Memphis in Memphis for the Liberty Bowl. It’ll be tough, but winnable. Just glad to be bowling again.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Uh, have we been watching the same UTSA team recently? The one that scored 7, 9, and 6 to close out the season

I mean they’re not on tv a ton outside of cbs sportsnet games I don’t get but they have that cool shotgun triple option deal

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
Pinstripe Bowl wyd the people of the greater NYC area crave college football, bring us good games

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

Pinstripe Bowl wyd the people of the greater NYC area crave college football, bring us good games

You got the Giants.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Bird in a Blender posted:

ISU against Memphis in Memphis for the Liberty Bowl. It’ll be tough, but winnable. Just glad to be bowling again.

That's an awesome matchup, tough but winnable for both sides.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Bird in a Blender posted:

Kinda wish we weren't playing Memphis in Memphis but whatever, a bowl game is a bowl game and we haven't had any of those recently.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
VERY EXCITED to lose to utah in dallas

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

No Texas vs. A&M makes me a sad panda. :(

gently caress Missouri.

ahaha mizzou is gonna destroy texas.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

b-minus1 posted:

ahaha mizzou is gonna destroy texas.

I hope they do so Herman will be pressured to fire Tim Beck.

I hope it’s not even close. I hope Mizzou beats Texas by 80+ points and Texas doesn’t score at all.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

You already have New York’s True College Football Team, the Columbia Lions

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Northwestern is New York's Big Ten Team by dint of their Pinstripe Bowl Victory

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

MourningView posted:

You already have New York’s True College Football Team, the Columbia Lions

I thought Columbia was the Monarchs.

EDIT: Nope, Wikipedia says it is the Lions. Nevermind. :downs:

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Dec 4, 2017

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
UNT is going to the New Orleans Bowl.

Pros: Not down the road, an actual trip

Cons: It's against Troy of the Sunbelt. There's some history there with UNT formerly being in the Sunbelt, but otherwise you gain nothing by winning and look bad by losing.

I'll still take it! Gonna see how much a trip would cost. Been....12 years since I've been to NOLA.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Shinjobi posted:

you gain nothing by winning
You get a transitive win over half the playoff!

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Shinjobi posted:

UNT is going to the New Orleans Bowl.

Pros: Not down the road, an actual trip

Cons: It's against Troy of the Sunbelt. There's some history there with UNT formerly being in the Sunbelt, but otherwise you gain nothing by winning and look bad by losing.

I'll still take it! Gonna see how much a trip would cost. Been....12 years since I've been to NOLA.

Troy is a way better program than UNT, that would be a big win for y’all and not an especially embarrassing loss.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Well, I'm not super familiar with Troy but I've been told that C-USA is supposed to be a better conference than the Sunbelt.

If that's not the case, then the bowl choice changes things.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

I thought Columbia was the Monarchs.

EDIT: Nope, Wikipedia says it is the Lions. Nevermind. :downs:

You were probably thinking of Old Dominion, who have a lion logo

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Shinjobi posted:

Well, I'm not super familiar with Troy but I've been told that C-USA is supposed to be a better conference than the Sunbelt.

Probably by a little bit but it’s not by much at this point and the top Sun Belt teams like Troy would be fine in CUSA. CUSA lost most of its good programs to the AAC and then rather than finding decent programs to replace them decided to chase TV markets so you added garbage like Charlotte. Meanwhile the Sun Belt expanded by adding legitimately strong FCS programs like App State and GA Southern (although GA Southern made a really bad hire and sucks right now).

MourningView fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Dec 4, 2017

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Shinjobi posted:

For most of the last decade the Sunbelt was the worst conference in FBS but sometimes they're better than the MAC or USA, depending on how good the top teams are. USA generally has a few really awesome teams to watch though (like Western Kentucky with Brohm, or FAU this year). Funbelt.... ehhhhhhh

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Was expecting Holiday or Alamo, thinking best case was Cotton, but I'm genuinely happy UW got the Fiesta.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

MourningView posted:

Probably by a little bit but it’s not by much at this point and the top Sun Belt teams like Troy would be fine in CUSA. CUSA lost most of its good programs to the AAC and then rather than finding decent programs to replace them decided to chase TV markets so you added garbage like Charlotte. Meanwhile the Sun Belt expanded by adding legitimately strong FCS programs like App State and GA Southern (although GA Southern made a really bad hire and sucks right now).

Raku posted:

For most of the last decade the Sunbelt was the worst conference in FBS but sometimes they're better than the MAC or USA, depending on how good the top teams are. USA generally has a few really awesome teams to watch though (like Western Kentucky with Brohm, or FAU this year). Funbelt.... ehhhhhhh

Cool, learned something today. If it wasn't super obvious, if it's not local I'm typically not paying too much attention to it. Kinda out of the loop on college ball.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
The bowl game in St Pete gets sadde every year, which is saying something since it was sponsored by Bitcoin in 2014.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
USC/Ohio State is gonna own, especially with everyone having time to heal up

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
Shouldn't the Cotton and Fiesta matchups be switched?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Jubs posted:

Shouldn't the Cotton and Fiesta matchups be switched?

They were, because Ohio State's been in the Fiesta Bowl too many times in recent years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
What has a bigger payout this year? The fiesta or Cotton Bowl?

• Locked thread