Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

weird Asian candy posted:

Owns what? Time shares during the playoffs?

It's a fun division with history and rivalries and I love hating the other three teams and wouldn't trade them for anything.

Almost 60 years of hating these idiots. We won't mention Seattle because they always felt like a step sibling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
If the Saints beat the Vikings they're going to win the Super Bowl.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
AFC West rivalries have body counts

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

I watched Tim Tebow beat the Steelers. I can't and don't ever assume they will win. That said, The Jags game was by far the worst game the Steelers played the entire year, and if nothing else, the Jags aren't facing the team they saw that day

The jags defense has also gotten better since then

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
wasn't the Greg Olsen catch for a TD, where he threw the ball in the air, not a catch under the idiotic rules? he didn't stand back up with the ball

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Metapod posted:

The jags defense has also gotten better since then

It didn't look very good the last 3 weeks of the season, and it surely didn't look dominant today. It looked... good? vs a team whose only offensive weapon played on a sprained ankle while Tyrod Taylor watched half of his passes clank of his WR's hands, and sailed the other half

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Eric the Mauve posted:

If the Saints beat the Vikings they're going to win the Super Bowl.

I certainly hope so.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

a neat cape posted:

We won't mention Seattle because they always felt like a step sibling

Same.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/CorkGaines/status/949825607868796928

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

LiquidFriend posted:

Seems the key to playoff winning is to concuss effective players from the opposing team.

This is my Madden strat when up against tougher teams

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

It didn't look very good the last 3 weeks of the season, and it surely didn't look dominant today. It looked... good? vs a team whose only offensive weapon played on a sprained ankle while Tyrod Taylor watched half of his passes clank of his WR's hands, and sailed the other half

Jimmy G tore up that d up Jimmy is also better than Rodgers apparently

Are you going just by results on the titans game? The jags d played really well that game Tennessee matches up well against them which is why they lost

They held buffalo to 3 points, limited big plays, and made it where Tyrod had to beat with his arm, which he couldn't and rarely does to anyone. If Tyrod makes some of those throws they would have blitzed more but they didn't need to cause he didn't. It was very clear all game that buffalo could not drive against them.

The jags match up well against pitt it's going to be an interesting game. Pitt will be favored but this is closer to a 50/50 than y'all are making it out to be

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

I got +270 on the Jags moneyline and couldn't be happier about it. They are way better than 1-in-4 to win that game, they're more like 1-in-2

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Yeah I'd be a little surprised if the Jags defensive game plan looked like it did today next week. I'd be pretty surprised if they didn't need to score a bunch to win too of course, but I think they'll try to contain Pittsburgh differently than they did the Bills.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
I'd say it's 60/40 Steelers. I do think Jacksonville can absolutely beat them but they need Bortles to play much better than he did today. The Steelers are going to put up points with the way they have been playing; it's just a matter of if the Jags' offense can actually capitalize if the defense can force mistakes. And I don't know if they can do that.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Yes please. Mack is great and should get a ring. Man, maybe I should be rooting for a Falcons-Jags bowl, at least he'd have a shot.

I've wondered if the next step is to have move capable O-Linemen or the possibility of them in the Red Zone for TDs.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Friendly reminder that you can run on the Steelers and the Jags ran all over them to the tune of 237 yards on 6+ YPC in their first meeting. And it's not like the Steelers were worried about Blake Bortles and weren't expecting the Jags to try to run run run.

Steelers defense is (finally) pretty good again but they're still getting more credit than they deserve because of the Steelers defense of 10-20 years ago imo.

e: I don't mean to come off like I think the Steelers suck or the Jags are better. The Steelers are really good and it's very possible if they get a quick 10-0 lead the game quickly devolves into a blowout. But the Jags are well built to attack their weaknesses and if it's like 10-6 at halftime the Steelers are in trouble.

Eric the Mauve fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Jan 8, 2018

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/yanngetsacks91/status/950189563829542912

Richie Incognito is still a piece of poo poo!

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Biggest difference from the first meeting is that I can’t imaging the Steelers completely abandoning the run in the second half again

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Am I reading this wrong? As written, doesn't this mean that 30% of the Black players in the league aren't proud of their African heritage?

quote:

I’m proud of my African heritage, as are 70% of the other Black players in this league.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
none of the teams I was rooting for won. I don't expect that to change next week.

congrats Falcons on your inevitable NFCCG appearance :(

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Charlz Guybon posted:

Am I reading this wrong? As written, doesn't this mean that 30% of the Black players in the league aren't proud of their African heritage?

He’s saying that 70% of players are black

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

purkey posted:

He’s saying that 70% of players are black

That's what he wanted to say, but he messed it up.

Should have said "as are 70% of the other players in this league."

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
I just can’t see the Jaguars out scoring the Steelers if Bortles farts out less than 100 yards passing. As much as Ben is a piece of poo poo, I would still believe he will have a better game than Bortles.

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Now I want to know what team had the fewest passing yards in a playoff win

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

purkey posted:

Now I want to know what team had the fewest passing yards in a playoff win

Threw out a boring game from 1970, to present Washington @ Buccaneers, 2005 wild card round

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200601070tam.htm

Mark Brunell goes 7/15 for 41 yards and an int, while being sacked twice for 16 yards in a 17-10 victory. He defeats Chris Simms, who went 25/38 for 198 yards and 2 ints. A real Gruden Grinder.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

weird Asian candy posted:

Owns what? Time shares during the playoffs?

idk, actually winning super bowls? :shrug:

the broncos are bad

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Jan 8, 2018

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
No team can beat Pittsburgh.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Kawalimus posted:

The Jags will

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Yeah okay

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

The Jaguars will be blown out by the Steelers.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Kawalimus posted:

Brees is going to have a field day with that secondary and I will die laughing as the rapist retires from embarrassment. Assuming the Steelers actually beat the pats for once.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Brees is going to have a field day with that secondary and I will die laughing as the rapist retires from embarrassment. Assuming the Steelers actually beat the pats for once.

Pittsburgh will outscore them. And has a better defense.

The Patriots will be blown out by the Steelers.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

It's going to be a close game but Ben will save the day with at least two sacks and two interceptions

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

The Patriots will beat the Stealers. They already beat them once at home

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
I'm totally buying into the Vikings 2018 Revenge Tour (at home).

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

sponges posted:

The Patriots will beat the Stealers. They already beat them once at home

Brown got injured and even then the patriots were gifted the win by that James Td call.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

The Steelers will win. This will be like the 2012 AFC Championship. This is where it goes off script.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

The Steelers are really bad at playing the Patriots

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

sponges posted:

The Steelers are really bad at playing the Patriots

So were the Ravens. We didnt beat them in the regular season till that 2012 game. Thats still the only time we ever did. The Steelers are primed for an overcoming. Just like the Ravens were.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

All this discussion is just a distraction from the truth. None of this matters. You will watch your loved ones die. You will die. Humanity's greatest achievements will be buried beneath the sands of time as our species goes extinct. Our sun will eventually destroy this solar system. There will be nothing left of any of us. The universe will eventually experience heat death. And the Patriots will win the Super Bowl again.

• Locked thread