Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
The laser thing is pretty funny and one of my favorite parts of the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
They really phoned in the endings, didn't they. Much like the baddies it really feels like an afterthought, even by video game standard.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.
If you think that's a phoned in ending, you should see Mankind Divided.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

The bit at the end where Adam says "I tried to keep my values in mind, knowing my actions did not have to harm others" is my favourite part of the game because, even though that ending speech does change based on... something? I have never not gotten that line - and I always kill a whole lot of people for no reason. :roflolmao:

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Thanks for the LP! I think this is the first LP of yours I've read, actually. Good times, y'all are fun.

Tiggum posted:

The bit at the end where Adam says "I tried to keep my values in mind, knowing my actions did not have to harm others" is my favourite part of the game because, even though that ending speech does change based on... something? I have never not gotten that line - and I always kill a whole lot of people for no reason. :roflolmao:

Well, he was a cop, so that tracks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
God, this loving mission. This is maybe the worst final mission of any game I've played. A good final mission tests all the skills the player has learned over the course of the game, perhaps while revisiting an earlier location or enemy type in order to show the progress that has been made, or to bring the plot full circle. This is... not that. The crazies pose no threat if you're willing to kill them. If you're not willing to kill them, they also pose no threat, but constitute an interminable slog as you pick off dozens and dozens with tranqs and takedowns. The whole mission is just a test of patience for players trying to go stealth/non-lethal. Unless you had incredible foresight to bring tons of PEPS ammo and gas grenades, it's boring and unfun. Like Dan noted, they finally give your the plasma rifle... and your only valid targets are unarmed people having mental health crises.

If MW2 had made "No Russian" the final mission, that might compare to how much I hate this mission.

Tiggum posted:

Well, you might not have it. That would be a bad choice on the player's part, but it's a possibility.
Then just give it to them. Have Adam find praxis software in the shuttle and download it before he bails out. Give everyone who already had it two praxis kits. It's not like it matters at this point.

E: The pointless room is a shaft you can jump down from the upper catwalks, and promptly get beaten by crazies.

Dead Reckoning fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Aug 23, 2021