Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zathril
Nov 12, 2011

Glare Seethe posted:

I was trying to figure out why I thought of Portal 2 but TSP tosses it in there in the same sequence, right? I must have had a vague memory of that and got it mixed up.

I think it's almost time for me to get that one achievement, actually...

I think it's the first portal but yeah, that would have been my next screenshot if nobody got it from that one. I also got that achievement taking the screenshot, so that was nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

"The cosmonauts were transfixed with wonderment as the sun set - over the Earth - there lucklessly, untethered Comrade Todd on fire."

Rappaport posted:

Aww, beaten :( But here's one I took for knowing Abuse!

Late to this one, but fairly sure this is Bad Toys 3D

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

overeager overeater posted:

Late to this one, but fairly sure this is Bad Toys 3D

That's correct :)

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.
Went ahead and added a second screenshot for some of my recent ones. A few of these pretty much give it away instantly, I think, but it can be tricky to find suitable screenshots sometimes.

1. Guessed by Commander Keene / Ghostlight - Dark Queen of Krynn

2. Guessed by Mordja - Far Cry

3. Guessed by Mordja - Gothic 3

4. Guessed by Broken Cog - Jedi Academy

5. Guessed by Pablo Nergigante - No One Lives Forever

6. Guessed by Hakkesshu - FUEL

7. Guessed by Vidmaster - Wrath of the Gods

Sway Grunt fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Mar 17, 2021

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Star Wars: Jedi Academy?

One of those games, at least.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Based on the sleeves/gloves, this must be one of the No One Lives Forever games?

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Broken Cog posted:

Star Wars: Jedi Academy?

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Based on the sleeves/gloves, this must be one of the No One Lives Forever games?

Both correct.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
2 is the original Far Cry, and 3 is Two Worlds 2? That or Gothic 3, I just know I recognize that Orc design from somewhere.

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Mordja posted:

2 is the original Far Cry, and 3 is Two Worlds 2? That or Gothic 3, I just know I recognize that Orc design from somewhere.

Far Cry and Gothic 3, yes. :)

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Have some junk food.

1. Guessed by Zathril - Card City Nights

2. Guessed by Akumu - Costume Quest

3. Guessed by Zathril - Puzzle Agent

4. Guessed by ErrEff - Space Quest 4

5. Guessed by Rappaport - Wuppo

Sway Grunt fucked around with this message at 12:08 on Mar 17, 2021

Vidmaster
Oct 26, 2002

Glare Seethe posted:

Went ahead and added a second screenshot for some of my recent ones. A few of these pretty much give it away instantly, I think, but it can be tricky to find suitable screenshots sometimes.

This one is Wrath of the Gods, if I remember the name correctly. Had this on CD way back in the day!

Mitch McConnell Simulator 2000?

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Vidmaster posted:

This one is Wrath of the Gods, if I remember the name correctly. Had this on CD way back in the day!

That's the one!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

#1 is definitely one of the D&D Gold Box games but I'm not sure which one since they mostly look the same lol

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

#1 is definitely one of the D&D Gold Box games but I'm not sure which one since they mostly look the same lol

Yeah, I was hoping the enemies would be the hint there (next to the map of course) but it's the only one I've played to completion so I can only hope the others don't have minotaurs as well.

Zathril
Nov 12, 2011

Glare Seethe posted:

Have some junk food.

These are Card City Nights and Puzzle Agent, loved those games.

More from me:

1: Got by Flapjack Monty Meritous

2: Got by Beto Rocha Eternal Daughter

3: Got by Glare Seethe Sethian

Zathril fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Mar 17, 2021

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Zathril posted:

These are Card City Nights and Puzzle Agent, loved those games.

Genuinely thought CCN would be guessed last out of that batch, heh.

Your third one is definitely a game I've looked at and decided against getting for whatever reason. Wish I could remember the name, but alas.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Glare Seethe posted:

Yeah, I was hoping the enemies would be the hint there (next to the map of course) but it's the only one I've played to completion so I can only hope the others don't have minotaurs as well.
I'm going to guess Champions of Krynn because minotaurs feature heavily in Dragonlance but are just kind of generic monsters in Forgotten Realms.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Space Quest 4. The one with all the Space Quests.

Akumu
Apr 24, 2003

Costume Quest

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

ErrEff posted:

Space Quest 4. The one with all the Space Quests.

It's actually Space Quest X: Latex Babes of Estros. :colbert:

Akumu posted:

Costume Quest

Yup!

Commander Keene posted:

I'm going to guess Champions of Krynn because minotaurs feature heavily in Dragonlance but are just kind of generic monsters in Forgotten Realms.

That's the right series but wrong title. I suppose that narrows it down to only two other possibilities so at this point it's pretty much solved... but someone might still recognize the map? I'll give it a little bit more time maybe.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Glare Seethe posted:

Dark Queen of Krynn.

Obviously the second screenshot gave away it was a Gold Box, but then it was a case of okay, what was the last gold box made because the map is pretty high detail, then search that title for images to see if the UI matches and then there the map was in the search results. Not sure if that counts as cheating.

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Nah, it's all good. I liked Commander Keene's educated guess and also that you recognized the progress in graphics over the course of the series so I think together you've certainly gotten it right.

Flapjack Monty
Oct 28, 2013

This drove me crazy; I knew what it was on sight, but I got it from the Roguelike thread years ago and completely forgot the name. Meritous

Zathril
Nov 12, 2011

Flapjack Monty posted:

This drove me crazy; I knew what it was on sight, but I got it from the Roguelike thread years ago and completely forgot the name. Meritous

Yep! A fun game, but scouring the map for those last few missing rooms was a nightmare.

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

I dug deep and managed to remember the name: Sethian.

Zathril
Nov 12, 2011

Glare Seethe posted:

I dug deep and managed to remember the name: Sethian.

Hah, I also thought that would be the last one to go.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

This is a really good thread and I love it.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Wuppo?

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I've never played it, but I assume this is Fuel, the post-apocalyptic racer whose only notable feature was a gigantic map

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Hakkesshu posted:

I've never played it, but I assume this is Fuel, the post-apocalyptic racer whose only notable feature was a gigantic map

Yes to both of these.

I really liked FUEL just as an open-world drive wherever and enjoy the scenery kind of thing. I don't think I did many of the actual races. As far as I can tell it's pretty much unplayable in its current state on Steam, unfortunately. Something about the DRM, dunno.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Codemasters were too cheap to pay Asobo for a Steamworks patch for FUEL. When GFWL died lots of games went down with it.

Fatty
Sep 13, 2004
Not really fat

Dogolrax! Though I'm kind of glad to admit I've never played it, just watched this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjniIwTQp1E.

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Fatty posted:

Dogolrax! Though I'm kind of glad to admit I've never played it, just watched this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjniIwTQp1E.

Yes, it's an odd one, but sometimes a little too aware of its own oddness. I think it mostly gets away with it but occasionally comes across a little forced.

ErrEff posted:

Codemasters were too cheap to pay Asobo for a Steamworks patch for FUEL. When GFWL died lots of games went down with it.

Ah, that's a shame. Looks like you basically have to apply a crack to it to make it remotely playable nowadays.

Beto Rocha
Jan 2, 2010

Eternal Daughter

Zathril
Nov 12, 2011

Beto Rocha posted:

Eternal Daughter

Yes, got it, shame I think it has some issues running on modern systems.

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

1. Guessed by Broken Cog - Kirby and the Amazing Mirror

2. Guessed by Hal Insandenza - World Series Baseball (Game Gear)

Sway Grunt fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Mar 18, 2021

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Hints for these two.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Hunt: showdown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004