Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
Port are frauds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
ken hinkley pretty brutal in the post-game about just how much they hosed up by selecting Rozee, didn't try to deflect criticism at all.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Is Hinkley the most hated coach by his own team's supporters? Which I don't suggest as a judgment on him necessarily.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
lmao eat poo poo port

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

2 goals after quarter time. Yikes.

Statistically Ken is the only person to have coached 250+ games without a Grand Final appearance.

Clubs need to stop giving extensions before a season is done. Hinkley and Goodwin both got extensions in August, weeks before exiting the finals in straight sets.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Windmill Hut posted:

2 goals after quarter time. Yikes.

Statistically Ken is the only person to have coached 250+ games without a Grand Final appearance.

Clubs need to stop giving extensions before a season is done. Hinkley and Goodwin both got extensions in August, weeks before exiting the finals in straight sets.

Only time he has had a positive % against that years top 8 teams was his second year

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

snoremac posted:

Learning crom is norf but good

norf are not good. They lost to Hawthorn for fucks sake.

Also their coach is a oval office who bullied the girlfriends of country town indigenous kids into having abortions ... "allegedly" ... because of footy reasons.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
I just meant the term crom means Crows playing good whereas norf means North playing bad. I hadn't seen it in the thread before or don't recall it.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
Crom means many things to many people

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

cmndstab posted:

Crom means many things to many people

Crom :hmmyes:

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Why can't Caleb Daniel get a game? Is he wildly out of form? Dogs aren't exactly setting the world on fire this season.

4th in the Dogs B&F last year and won 'best team player' award. Suddenly can't get a game. He's turns 28 in July and has 2 years left on his contract after this... the contract is reportedly for big money but surely a club would welcome him with open arms.

Even one of the currently struggling clubs could do with his leadership and disposal down back.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Windmill Hut posted:

Why can't Caleb Daniel get a game? Is he wildly out of form? Dogs aren't exactly setting the world on fire this season.

4th in the Dogs B&F last year and won 'best team player' award. Suddenly can't get a game. He's turns 28 in July and has 2 years left on his contract after this... the contract is reportedly for big money but surely a club would welcome him with open arms.

Even one of the currently struggling clubs could do with his leadership and disposal down back.

Caleb is absolutely cooked, lost any pace and agility. Not exactly using the ball well either.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

Testekill posted:

Caleb is absolutely cooked, lost any pace and agility. Not exactly using the ball well either.

Yeah he was pretty ineffectual when he came on as the sub against Freo, his kicking just didn’t have the creativity/penetration it once had and he’s just too small/slow to be a man-on-man defender now

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Spedman posted:

Yeah he was pretty ineffectual when he came on as the sub against Freo, his kicking just didn’t have the creativity/penetration it once had and he’s just too small/slow to be a man-on-man defender now

Ultimately there are players that can be great one year and look past it the next, Macrae also looks old and slow & you can't get away with being a slow accumulator without also being able to put on some pressure.

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Can this game also be a draw pls. TIA.

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

E: nvm

Windmill Hut fucked around with this message at 12:27 on May 3, 2024

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

V for Vegas posted:

Can this game also be a draw pls. TIA.

loving cowards

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Collingwood beats Carlton and it's Daicos who kicks the winner

This season was a lot better when Collingwood were poo poo

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

NTRabbit posted:

loving cowards

Loved the deliberate kick to the boundary in the last minute that the softcock umpire refused to pay.

You dont need to be psychic to understand that intent you incompetent idiots.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
we deserved to lose by more, bad footy, somehow we won the third quarter, out of nowhere.

we really need this injury list to shrink, and fast, it's been huge all season and is now wearing us down, we need a backline again, can't play a third of a season without one.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
I know Freo are pretty happy with their midfield but their decision to lowball Acres is an all time baffling list decision

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

snaeksikn posted:

I know Freo are pretty happy with their midfield but their decision to lowball Acres is an all time baffling list decision

It was another feather in Peter Bell’s hat, I wish he would piss off back to managing failed real estate developments

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
I dunno I never thought much of Acres at the Saints or Freo. Sometimes players just don't click with any given club's style? In the other direction, Setterfield was a journeyman at Carlton but seems to be tearing it up at Essendon.

Dunno if Zac Williams or Fantasia were any good at their old clubs but I haven't been impressed with them at the Blues.

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Fantasia was excellent at Essendon when he was fit, but that was years ago.

Williams was also excellent at GWS but hasn't found that form after his injuries at the Blues.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

gabensraum posted:

I dunno I never thought much of Acres at the Saints or Freo. Sometimes players just don't click with any given club's style? In the other direction, Setterfield was a journeyman at Carlton but seems to be tearing it up at Essendon.

Dunno if Zac Williams or Fantasia were any good at their old clubs but I haven't been impressed with them at the Blues.

Acres had his best year at Freo by far in his contract year, Bell low balled him and he walked. He was an important part of the team that made the finals in 2022, and is playing the same style of game at Carlton, just with far more eyeballs on him.

The following year we thought we had Henry as a backup winger then he decided he wanted to play and bigger games in Melbourne and ask for a trade to St Kilda. I don’t expect Henry to much more than a flashy outside player that burns the ball more often than not.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Even though they look like winning here,hell even running away with it, St. Kilda must be the most frustrating/heartbreaking team to support.

I would equate them to the Pakistani national cricket team. Always capable of, and promisong wonderful things. Yet never far from a monumental collapse, or a heartbreaking loss to someone clearly worse than them.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

BrigadierSensible posted:

Even though they look like winning here,hell even running away with it, St. Kilda must be the most frustrating/heartbreaking team to support.

I would agree!

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Spedman posted:

Acres had his best year at Freo by far in his contract year, Bell low balled him and he walked. He was an important part of the team that made the finals in 2022, and is playing the same style of game at Carlton, just with far more eyeballs on him.

Also, not only did they lose a quality player, they played him into his best form then watched him go and make a direct rival for finals a better team.

Just all round fumbling imo

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Good gaem south melborne!!

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Go dees

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Fewer stoppages means they’re all tanked and cannot kick straight. I guess that’s the excuse for this crap.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
Will Schofield: That's holding the ball, doesn't matter that he didn't have prior opportunity

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

The Brown/Mccartin incident is going to be verrrrry interesting. If Brown didn't lift his arm, he'd be leaving himself defenceless... but he did, and got Mccartin high.

But he'll probably get more weeks than other players who intentionally strike.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

The ball is allergic to going through the big sticks

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Windsor really looks like a quality player. He's lifted his reaction speed enormously since he's debuted and still kept his dare

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

snaeksikn posted:

Windsor really looks like a quality player. He's lifted his reaction speed enormously since he's debuted and still kept his dare

His development is crazy, he's getting 10% better every week. He just needs some size so his tackles stick.

Meanwhile the development of the rest of the team is non-existent. Once again we can't kick goals. Dominated for 50 minutes, should be 6 goals up but instead we're gonna lose.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

To me one of the big ones is Van Rooyen, he's never been a particularly sophisticated player, he doesn't have a big bag of tricks but he's a big strong boy who is happy to run through cunts to try and mark the ball, but this year it seems like he's lost confidence in that aspect of his game. His development as a backup ruck has been good but hasn't been worth the backwards step as a key forward.

Also Pickett's field kicking has been a liability tonight, something he definitely needs to improve on to be more damaging up the ground.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Oh we fuckin love Kozzie Pickett in the forward 50 tho

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Credit where credit is due, Goodwin completely out coached Scott tonight.

Probably a convenient result for both parties in the end, Geelong will take this as a wake up call they need to maintain the rage and Melbourne will take this as the shot across the comp they are a true contender

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Nick daicos can eat Bayley Fritsch’s whole rear end