Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Are people still clinging to a 7-year-old irony gimmick to pretend that Bo Dallas isn't the drizzling shits?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
I liked his victory laps and creepy enthusiasm.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
I like when Daniel Bryan said “Bo Leave”.

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

bo dallas has the ability to be an incredibly entertaining tv character if utilized to his strengths, so obviously it will never happen in wwe

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

dana brooke is good

bartok
May 10, 2006

Benne posted:

Are people still clinging to a 7-year-old irony gimmick to pretend that Bo Dallas isn't the drizzling shits?

Going to be honest I don't know if Bo is good or not. All I've seen of his NXT run was losing the title to PAC. All he really did on the main roster was either get squashed or win squashes. Can't really remember any competitive matches on TV or PPV. I was also pretty much checked out of WWE when he had his tag run with Curtis Axel so can't comment on the quality of those matches.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

John Dudebro posted:

bo dallas has the ability to be an incredibly entertaining tv character if utilized to his strengths, so obviously it will never happen in wwe

I actually think the Bolieve thing would make him a great manager or Dark Order member

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Benne posted:

Bo actually owned.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
I liked when he lost his first main roster match (to R-Truth), acted like a good sport, then snapped and beat Truth's rear end, and then went back to creepy smiling victory lap Bo.

e: found it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXeoYSc55J8

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I still BO-lieve.

edit: To serious post clarify. The character of a smiley heel-who-doesn't-know-they-are-a-heel is entertaining to me. And the slow burn, (or long term storytelling if you will), of the happy smiley guy who underneath it all is a petty, mean spirited arsehole but papering it over with a performative grin could be great. As the wrestler shows glimpses of arseholery over time till they finally snap, and become a meanie.

But has been said before WWE won't do that, so we got Bo losing his long, (and fun), streak to R-Truth with no fanfare and getting shunted away.

I also liked him as part of The Social Outcasts and The B team. He was entertaining in the role, (as I saw it, and this is slightly simplifying his character), as the goofy annoying younger brother hanger-on. Him and Axel were very fun together.

In short, Bo Dallas could have been a very fun part of the midcard.

BrigadierSensible fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Nov 30, 2020

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fq9A3hO3tg

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

If Baron Corbin can get a push then Bo Dallas can too.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Lid posted:

Today I Learned Billie Kay has an entirely seperate from wrestling normal youtube account and she is so great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipy-8-xyzUs

Warning: You will learn that Billie Kay's accent is entirely a gimmick.

#BillyKaye4G4

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

If I may continue with the Bo Dallas talk for a second.

The worst part of the BO-Lieve run was how they ended it with such a damp squib. They had R-Truth beat him twice in a row, with no fanfare, no storyline, no angle at all. And then it was back to normal. Bo was just another low undercarder wasting his time in catering.

Even at the time it annoyed me.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Invalid Validation posted:

If Baron Corbin can get a push then Bo Dallas can too.

:mods:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Braun does in fact have a knee injury and that is why he was written off TV for the time being according to F4W.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I don't know if women under 30 getting a push in WWE is about them connecting with a younger audience. Call me cynical.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Holy poo poo those Bo Dallas videos were from SIX years ago?

Time doesn't mean anything when you're stuck in the WWE recycling machine

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I thought bo-lieve and all that was at least 8 or 9 years old. i'm over the hump and now everything that ever happened was a very, very long time ago

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I was hoping that in finding a covid cure they'd stumble on an age reversing shot that wasn't just stem cells but disappointed again

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

MassRafTer posted:

Braun does in fact have a knee injury and that is why he was written off TV for the time being according to F4W.

oh boy i cant wait to see what creative has for Alexa Bliss after turning her into someone in love with her abuser like some unironic in 2020 take on Joker and Harley.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

MassRafTer posted:

A knee injury for Braun? That doesn't sound plausible. It's not like he runs a bunch and other intensive actions that relies on his knees

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Too many times charging into the turnbuckle

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Orange Carlisle posted:

I just looked to see if Vince had ever actually had facial hair and lol

I love this, in a way.
Because Vince could just retire. Just let it all go and spend his twilight years spending the money he spent his whole life making. I mean he hates wrestling anyway; he's spent his life trying to escape it's shadow but he never could. Just let it go.
He could even opt to defer the running of the show to his cronies. They might do a better job. At least there would be one fewer major obstacle between 'good idea' and 'show'. He hates wrestling anyway; the TV money is apparently the same no matter what poo poo gets vomited out. Why care so much? Why micromanage so much?
Because the idea of stepping back would be to admit failure and weakness. He keeps slamming his face into the brick wall of this product he hates but has turned into a fiscal success beyond all reason just because he can't accept any sort of defeat be it real or imagined. And he's digging the company's grave in the process (or so I loving hope).
Vince will never beat Vince.

(Or maybe he's just a control freak whose idea of 'retirement' is playing with his real-life 'action figure' collection. Probably both. It's never just one simple answer).

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Vince could retire and buy the rest of the T-Rex skeleton to go with the skull.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'm still disappointed that Bo never had a submission finisher where he kept encouraging his opponent to resist tapping and reach the bottom rope or break the hold some other way

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Optimistic heel is a good character. The spot listed above would make me laugh pretty hard.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Golden Bee posted:

Optimistic heel is a good character. The spot listed above would make me laugh pretty hard.

Optimistic Heel is indeed a good character.

But I'm surprised we don't also see Condescending Heel.

I.E. After a Heel beats an opponent, (preferably after a squash match), the heel gives them a patronizing pat on the back and a "good job sport, some of those punches you threw at me almost hurt. Maybe if you train a little bit harder you could end up quite a decent wrestler." kind of thing.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
That's basically the vibe Kenny Omega's rolling with now

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I will say this for Bo Dallas, he's better than Beau James.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

BrigadierSensible posted:

Optimistic Heel is indeed a good character.

But I'm surprised we don't also see Condescending Heel.

I.E. After a Heel beats an opponent, (preferably after a squash match), the heel gives them a patronizing pat on the back and a "good job sport, some of those punches you threw at me almost hurt. Maybe if you train a little bit harder you could end up quite a decent wrestler." kind of thing.

It would get the Ryback treatment. Drill it into everyone's heads by doing it week after week for 6 months. Randomly give the guy a WWE Title match because it worked somehow, realize you can't book either guy to lose, and then just have them gently caress off and do nothing.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Yeah it’s hard to do condescending better than Kenny, because he’s legitimately a contender for best wrestler alive. The fact he held up an opponents hand after beating them in 15 seconds, golden.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Golden Bee posted:

Yeah it’s hard to do condescending better than Kenny, because he’s legitimately a contender for best wrestler alive. The fact he held up an opponents hand after beating them in 15 seconds, golden.

i loved when he and okada feuded because they do very similar things in this regard, imo

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

MassRafTer posted:

I will say this for Bo Dallas, he's better than Beau James.

I'm better than Beau James I say with all sincerity. Really all you have to do to be better than Beau James is be willing to take one bump per match. I think I can manage that much at least.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

I will say this for Bo Dallas, he's better than Bray Wyatt

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Procrastinator posted:

dana brooke is good

I remember I watched one of the Watch Along shows once and she was one the people.... watching along.... and surprise surprise Dana Brooke is actually a charismatic, interesting, personable character who people seem to naturally like when she's not getting the "help" of WWE writing.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I miss Titus Worldwide Dana, she was real fun (even if she just existed to satisfy Kevin Dunn's secretary fetish)

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

I remember I watched one of the Watch Along shows once and she was one the people.... watching along.... and surprise surprise Dana Brooke is actually a charismatic, interesting, personable character who people seem to naturally like when she's not getting the "help" of WWE writing.

yeah any bts stuff of her she comes across great

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
It’s amazing how interesting most everyone is on the network documentaries or unscripted stuff and how anything interesting there is never paid off. Getting a WWE Network doc is almost a guarantee that creative has nothing for the subject for 6 months

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Jerusalem posted:

I heard Sheamus on a radio show several years ago and it was like, "Where has this guy been??". Likeable, funny, cool.