Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: GhostofJohnMuir)

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

mahershalalhashbaz posted:

the world is so stupid, everything and everybody is loving stupid. absolute dumbasses and clowns all around. dire

The word for world is forest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

by Pragmatica

Oracle posted:

There’s Polish cos players who rp Midwest backyard bbqs. https://www.vice.com/en/article/g5vpbx/poland-larp-america-ohio
this has inexplicably lifted my mood

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

this has inexplicably lifted my mood

Right? Like how do you even dress for that without a Walmart. Also people wanting to send them genuine red Solo cups lol

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

by Pragmatica
lmao at americans being inspired to larp by medieval fantasy worlds full of magic and elves, and meanwhile, the poles

quote:

This is where we have often worked with sources like, Hillbilly Elegy, Nomadland, and Three Billboards [Outside Ebbing, Missouri].

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

by Pragmatica
the total capitalist domination of publication of creative work has led to role-playing in all its forms taking off in a way hitherto unseen in human history

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

by Pragmatica

Rappaport posted:

The word for world is forest
the brain is a reef with meat coral and fish made out of electricity

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

lmao at americans being inspired to larp by medieval fantasy worlds full of magic and elves, and meanwhile, the poles

imagine an isekai where you get hit by a truck and end up in hillbilly elegy land

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

the brain is a reef with meat coral and fish made out of electricity

Agaa, but in this perception we fall down into Primo Levi's ideas, and that is a very sad well

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

by Pragmatica

Rappaport posted:

Agaa, but in this perception we fall down into Primo Levi's ideas, and that is a very sad well

GoutPatrol posted:

imagine an isekai where you get hit by a truck and end up in hillbilly elegy land
e: struck by remorse, joke deleted

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

GoutPatrol posted:

Using my special knowledge from the other world to invent sparkling water

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

the total capitalist domination of publication of creative work has led to role-playing in all its forms taking off in a way hitherto unseen in human history

I think it has more to do with a greater desire for escapism into an alien world with problems that are appealing in their alien ness as the real world becomes increasingly untenable. For USAians that’s armor and orcs, for poles it’s cousin Betty’s done run out of insulin again and it’s only halfway through the month can she convince her baby daddy who works at the Walmart pharmacy to hook her up with enough supply to enjoy two servings of Meemaw’s ambrosia salad at the bbq without going comatose.

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

by Pragmatica

Oracle posted:

I think it has more to do with a greater desire for escapism into an alien world with problems that are appealing in their alien ness as the real world becomes increasingly untenable. For USAians that’s armor and orcs, for poles it’s cousin Betty’s done run out of insulin again and it’s only halfway through the month can she convince her baby daddy who works at the Walmart pharmacy to hook her up with enough supply to enjoy two servings of Meemaw’s ambrosia salad at the bbq without going comatose.
seriously thank you so much for sharing that article, for some reason that glimpse into a parallel universe was exactly what i needed at this moment in my life

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

seriously thank you so much for sharing that article, for some reason that glimpse into a parallel universe was exactly what i needed at this moment in my life

Happy to help

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
somewhere deep in the carpathian mountains, there is a remote village that a)doesn't know the holy roman empire was dissolved, b)cosplays as this thread

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

somewhere deep in the carpathian mountains, there is a remote village that a)doesn't know the holy roman empire was dissolved, b)cosplays as this thread

is this an intro to an Orson Welles tv dinner commercial

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

by Pragmatica
there are so many strange people in my life i want to post about but due to ethical concerns, i can't do it anymore :negative:

mahershalalhashbaz fucked around with this message at 08:51 on May 14, 2024

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

GoutPatrol posted:

is this an intro to an Orson Welles tv dinner commercial

*puts away jug of "sparkling dadchat alcoholic juice"*

no

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

did you put alcohol in my piss again John

be honest

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Oh, you meant the other John

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Let's all cosplay as rich people today.

Everyone do some ketamine, post some bad takes on Twitter, and spend $400,000 on Amazon.com tonight. Then, let's meet back here at 6 PM PST and discuss.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
a good bit of yall a bunch of henrys anyways

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

World Famous W posted:

The hats are much fancier.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Are hats back yet? Seems like they were big in the 30's, died, then had a big comeback in the early 2000's, but I'm not sure if they are officially back in 2024 yet.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

World Famous W posted:

I'm not a corgi

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
hmm, still the sentencing paperwork is already in, sorry bud

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

by Pragmatica

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Are hats back yet? Seems like they were big in the 30's, died, then had a big comeback in the early 2000's, but I'm not sure if they are officially back in 2024 yet.
the fedora died with leonard cohen, only time will tell what the new goon headwear will be. i hope it's big pointy wizard hats

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
i want for formal robes to be the new business attire so bad. suits are ugly and uncomfortable

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

by Pragmatica

World Famous W posted:

i want for formal robes to be the new business attire so bad. suits are ugly and uncomfortable
i would strive for professional success if it meant i got to wear a long flowing robe in everyday life, preferably with a cowl

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Legalize formal shorts. Bermuda is ahead of the rest of the world.

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

by Pragmatica
...post-hangover iv drips came up as a thing in the doomsday econ thread and a bunch of posters enthusiastically jumped in all "yeah my doctor friend always hooks me up with an iv after i've had a few drinkies so my head doesn't get sore, it's fantastic!" and at first i thought they were joking. but they're not joking.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I'm working right now in athletic shorts and a crewneck sweatshirt

...post-hangover iv drips came up as a thing in the doomsday econ thread and a bunch of posters enthusiastically jumped in all "yeah my doctor friend always hooks me up with an iv after i've had a few drinkies so my head doesn't get sore, it's fantastic!" and at first i thought they were joking. but they're not joking.

What the gently caress

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

by Pragmatica
america thinks it can win a war against russia...

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

World Famous W posted:

i'm on a teacher's salary maam

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The trick is we'll take all the good IVs

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
im cool with more money and robes for teachers, their choice on which they prefer

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

by Pragmatica

World Famous W posted:

im cool with more money and robes for teachers, their choice on which they prefer
i teared up at my highschool graduation ceremony when all my teachers came out in their academic robes, i was thinking to myself "you were all so beautiful and i never even noticed"

DeadlyMuffin
Jul 3, 2007

Professor Beetus posted:

I'm working right now in athletic shorts and a crewneck sweatshirt

What the gently caress

I heard some paramedics talking about this. Apparently it's a thing

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

by Pragmatica
no matter what i study it always seems to come down to "can you make a good powerpoint presentation?"

weary of the digital age

e: a cheat code i discovered is just to hand-paint everything. people are so accustomed to sleek digital graphics that seeing something hand-made short-circuits their brain in generally a positive way

e2: actually, "people are loving sick of computers and just pretending not to be because they need the money" is becoming a golden rule for every facet of modern life

e3: You Have No Right To Speak In My Holy Tongue

mahershalalhashbaz fucked around with this message at 01:45 on May 15, 2024

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

by Pragmatica
putting in a special consideration form stating that i consider graphic design to be idolatry and for religious reasons i want to be assessed only on the power of the written/spoken word

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Their heads will hurt