Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: GhostofJohnMuir)

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

mahershalalhashbaz posted:

i would strive for professional success if it meant i got to wear a long flowing robe in everyday life, preferably with a cowl

There are judgeships in every county of this great country my man. Run for office. Some don’t even require a law degree!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Oracle posted:

There are judgeships in every county of this great country my man. Run for office. Some don’t even require a law degree!

I don’t know if it works that way down in Oz

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
do the judge a lawyers still have to wear wigs like I'm the UK?

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

do the judge a lawyers still have to wear wigs like I'm the UK?

They dont in Canada or NZ, but Australia is a special kind of weird so maybe some do?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

the wigs are only for special judges, the average judge is not allowed to wear them

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

by Pragmatica

(and can't post for 45 hours!)

in australia you become a judge by killing another judge and taking their wig

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
wigs are for horses

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The number one wig of the supreme court justice is said to have godlike power

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

by Pragmatica

lingeringly perplexed that they tried to rom-code willy wonka in the latest movie

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

mahershalalhashbaz posted:

lingeringly perplexed that they tried to rom-code willy wonka in the latest movie

haven't seen it but i'm assuming it's hugh grant oompa loopma/timothy chvaomay wonka?

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
my local has perfected an 8% ale that's as drinkable as their 4%s for their 3rd anniversary beer. a couple of pints is a very economic path to feeling less bothered by the holocaust/not holocaust posting int eh i/p thread

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
oompa loompa doopity dunneccessarybrandextension

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

by Pragmatica

it was all worth it for that scottish wonka experience fiasco with the tragic oompa loompette

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

You gotta feel bad for the poor girl they picked for that job. Sucks to have your life turn into a meme for a hot minute.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
i would use 'sad meth lab oompa loompa' on my acting resume till the day i died

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
probably better results than my current 'meth lab assistant' one

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

World Famous W posted:

probably better results than my current 'meth lab assistant' one

Just change it to "assistant chemist" Mr. Pinkman

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

busalover posted:

I recently checked out Malazan Book of the Fallen by Steven Erikson. I read the first book in the series, Gardens of the Moon, and was blown away. Here's what others had to say about it:

thanks for this recommendation, that was an absolutely crackerjack read

also, free avs

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Avs was banned for being a bold truth-teller again

BRJurgis
Aug 15, 2007

Well I hear the thunder roll, I feel the cold winds blowing...
But you won't find me there, 'cause I won't go back again...
While you're on smoky roads, I'll be out in the sun...
Where the trees still grow, where they count by one...
I've never known avs by that name but they seem a raw nerve feeling the pain of the world and reacting in kind. Our impotent rage is not wrong.

Keep thinking of the RatM cover of "hadda be playing on the jukebox". The feeling of being a paranoid crank, constantly weighed against objective reality validating it. How might we live decently, what fight could be orchestrated in the face of what we've built?

A.roar that starts in the gut. A frenzied demented lack of self regard. A self destructive fight born not of hate but of love for what should be.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
https://forums.somethingawful.com/banlist.php?userid=184584

her original accounts rapsheet is a thing of beauty. only poster i know to be un-permad

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

her original accounts rapsheet is a thing of beauty. only poster i know to be un-permad

The other un-permaing I can think of is TF getting unpermad when the mods admitted they were being stupid about the GI Joe Dirtbag thing

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

in it voted 5

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Two weeks for a perfectly good post. Boooooo

That page at least reminded me of Gantz falling for the oldest trick in the political book, so I got to guffaw.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Free Avs

Free Palestine

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Work email:

quote:

Please use the "Vote" feature in this email to select the type of pizza you would like for [redacted]'s party by 6/4.

The three choices available are:

- Cheese
- Pepperoni
- PPJ (Pepperoni, Pineapple, and Jalepeño)

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Party Plane Jones sneaking back onto the forums in weird ways

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

what the gently caress, replacing the "supreme"/"combo"/"everything" third option with a pineapple monstrosity

i would riot

anyway, the best simple bog standard takeout pizza toppings are sausage and onion. fight me

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
pineapple and jalapeno is a good rear end pizza, do not knock it

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i hate pineapple in general, and on pizza especially so. jalapeno on pizza can be good, but shouldn't be included if there's only 3 options

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
at least now even if trump is relected, america will have it's first official felon as president

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Pineapple pep and jalapeno is gods own pizza. Pineapple is so much better when you get it away from undoubtedly lovely pizzeria ham, and pair it with some spice.

If you cannot wrap your head around sweet/savory combos than you have babby taste buds and need to expand your horizons.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
sweet and savory on pizza is great, hot honey on pizza is an excellent recent trend. pineapple on pizza is dogshit

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

sweet and savory on pizza is great, hot honey on pizza is an excellent recent trend. pineapple on pizza is dogshit

Hot honey and pepperoni on a Detroit style pizza is pretty good, one of my recent favorites

It feels like eating a heart attack though

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
problem number 1 with pineapple on pizza: the weird mushy texture when it's been in an oven

problem number 2 with pineapple on pizza: the sourness makes any open cuts in my mouth sting

problem number 3 with pineapple on pizza: it renders my antibiotics ineffective

problem number 4 with pineapple on pizza: not even weirdly whimsical like the japanese putting sweet corn and mayo on their pizza

problem number 5 with pineapple on pizza: weird piss yellow color, looks icky

problem number 6 with pineapple on pizza: the vocal folks with oppositional defiant disorder that feel compelled to argue it's good actually

BRJurgis
Aug 15, 2007

Well I hear the thunder roll, I feel the cold winds blowing...
But you won't find me there, 'cause I won't go back again...
While you're on smoky roads, I'll be out in the sun...
Where the trees still grow, where they count by one...

Cease to Hope posted:

pineapple and jalapeno is a good rear end pizza, do not knock it

Professor Beetus posted:

Pineapple pep and jalapeno is gods own pizza. Pineapple is so much better when you get it away from undoubtedly lovely pizzeria ham, and pair it with some spice.

If you cannot wrap your head around sweet/savory combos than you have babby taste buds and need to expand your horizons.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Pineapple works better blended into the sauce with some habanero than a topping

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

problem number 2 with pineapple on pizza: the sourness makes any open cuts in my mouth sting

problem number 3 with pineapple on pizza: it renders my antibiotics ineffective

do you have scurvy

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Look, buddy, I'll just plop down these pineapple rings straight out of the can onto the pizza, and there's nothing you can do to stop me. This is cuisine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

At least this sounds like a problem that can be solved with by eating a good pineapple like Maui Gold.

The other stuff I can't help you with, not even sure if this is something genetic like people not being able to stand cilantro.

The last pizza I had was pineapple + panchetta and it was great.