Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 6 days!)

these time trials in MF Ghost are so boring.
Other than the sister/brother pair which seem to be the only ones with any personality. Because we actually had screentime with them outside of races. Laughed at how they cursed at eachother during it.
Everyone else, we seen ONLY in races is just "i wanna go fast! with my branded car of choice, its the ultimate brand!"

Not even sure what the MC personality is. Other than he has like a high level of photographic memory, and easily impressed with japanese fast food.
Not sure what they're going for with his mission of trying to find his dad, which seems totally forgotten now.

I do like the MC's car though and made me go "i would like that car"
Doesn't compare to the now iconic 86 in Initial D though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

I don't know any of the actual real places they're racing, but I was like "is he gonna do that gutter drift here! do it!"

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

Sakurazuka posted:

Villainess had the best OP and ED of the season at least of the three shows I watched.

Is your allegiance to Terakomari truly this weak...

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

All FripSide songs sound the same

Can't remember the ED lol

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
I just meant the ED anyway. Not sure it would top my list but it's good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMn2eOox16s

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

not sure what the best op was this season probably just the yuasa one

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Endorph posted:

mygo owns and while its CG isnt like, houseki no kuni, it really makes use of it in a directorial/artistic sense in a way where i think the show'd be worse if it was 2d

i think people have talked about some of the bigger directorial choices the show makes, like the tomori first person episode and the dressing room, but there are also a lot of little character musicianship animation choices that i don't think they'd have gone for in a 2d show. anon failing to play an f chord is such a great little moment - it's so pathetic it's funny, adds a ton to her character, and is a perfect crescendo for the drama in that episode. i don't think it would have worked as well in 2d without a ton of effort.

i will always hype up mygo - i was skeptical going in and ended up loving it.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Endorph posted:

also d4dj season 1 is fun. season 2 was a bit eh tho. season 3 will feature the suicidal face tattoo lesbian and also the lesbian couple that spend most of their time talking about gay rights with a sentient AI so itll probably be good whenever they make it.

speaking of yuri anime, i caught up with Stardust Telepath and it's still good, very appreciate of how it handles the intra-club drama and resolution after the big competition especially with Raimon. final episode hoip

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

the F chord bit is definitely not a mygo invention though yeah it used it well

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Tales of Woe posted:

the F chord bit is definitely not a mygo invention though yeah it used it well

new guitarists have struggled with the f chord since the beginning of guitar, it's part of why it's funny

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i would simply write my songs in a key that doesnt use it

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Tales of Woe posted:

i would simply write my songs in a key that doesnt use it

smart cheaters use capos

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Southern Cassowary posted:

new guitarists have struggled with the f chord since the beginning of guitar, it's part of why it's funny

i don't even know any chords thanks to teaching myself from tablature. scared?

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

symbolic posted:

i don't even know any chords thanks to teaching myself from tablature. scared?

it's the first barre chord most people learn. i'm just assuming you know how to barre lol

also chuck schuldiner got like two guitar lessons and they taught him mary had a little lamb so he bailed and just learned from records and friends, so you're in good company

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Southern Cassowary posted:

it's the first barre chord most people learn. i'm just assuming you know how to barre lol

also chuck schuldiner got like two guitar lessons and they taught him mary had a little lamb so he bailed and just learned from records and friends, so you're in good company

uhhh yeah sure i totally do definitely. also i worship Death and Chuck to a massive extent (username/post combo ftw) so hell yeah

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

Tales of Woe posted:

i like the little shimmy the main guy does in the under ninja op

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

symbolic posted:

speaking of yuri anime, i caught up with Stardust Telepath and it's still good, very appreciate of how it handles the intra-club drama and resolution after the big competition especially with Raimon. final episode hoip

agreed. very happy with how everything turned out. raimon ftw

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
the new episode of stardust telepath should also win the most on the nose visual metaphor of the season award

https://i.imgur.com/CdcWOFw.mp4

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I didn't realise girls band cry was going to be cgi too. I guess we'll see how it measures up.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

Tales of Woe posted:

Not even close.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GasIaj6iNOU

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Going that hard on an opener was not a necessity, but a choice and they chose wisely. Sunraku's bird mask will never not be one of the greatest pieces of head gear.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

This year had some real good OPs, Under Ninja, Bleach, Undead Unluck, Both of Jujutsu Kaisen's just to name a few.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

doomrider7 posted:

Going that hard on an opener was not a necessity, but a choice and they chose wisely. Sunraku's bird mask will never not be one of the greatest pieces of head gear.

That's the only OP this seasons I sometimes don't skip.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Re: MF Ghost

Okay, yeah, the Angel stuff is a LOT more prevalent than I would have thought or expected. Thankfully it's fairly easy to just skip over those sections - I'm here for the Eurobeat racing segments, dammit. Though there's some character drama that's been okay as well.

In regards to the fairly bland (at least, so far) protagonist, sure is convenient that his eidetic memory (or whatever) seemingly only works for racing, and he didn't realize just who slapped him despite both staring at each other from very close range for a fair bit.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

she had a wig on, and makeup!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgGS1PoFYPU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/AnimeNewsNet/status/1737882881513431162?t=Z1dcJkiE2gIQq9PIWNEAZQ&s=19

Oh yay that won't piss anyone off.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
They'll get a nonzero amount of extra sales for the relatively small investment, so we live in hell, basically.

lmao at the page they chose to show off, though.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

So it's just fancy machine translation right? They're using AI as an excuse to not pay a translator.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Hmm I'm wondering if the beast is awake I can't tell.

This is how you proudly promote your simultaneous release?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Hasn't Viz been managing simultaneous releases of like 10 series a week with humans for like a decade lmao

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
That's the part I don't get. It's almost definitely cheaper but it's not like manga translators are known for making the big bucks anyway so how much money are they really saving? Or is it a speed thing? How much time in the total pipeline are you saving with automatic translation if you still have to do MTPE, checking, and typesetting? (I genuinely don't know what the regular manga loc process is like or how far ahead the pipeline has to be.)

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Waffleman_ posted:

Hasn't Viz been managing simultaneous releases of like 10 series a week with humans for like a decade lmao

but think of the additional shareholder value!

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Caphi posted:

That's the part I don't get. It's almost definitely cheaper but it's not like manga translators are known for making the big bucks anyway so how much money are they really saving? Or is it a speed thing? How much time in the total pipeline are you saving with automatic translation if you still have to do MTPE, checking, and typesetting? (I genuinely don't know what the regular manga loc process is like or how far ahead the pipeline has to be.)

Any money that isn't paid to a human is money saved for people who use AI. Even if it's pennies.

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Also, it's the hot new thing, which always goes over well in a boardroom.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Caphi posted:

It's all about riding the wave of hype towards AI and all that bullshit to get investors and shareholders to fork over more money. Whether it actually works well or not or actually saves them a lot in the long is secondary if it's even relevant AT ALL.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
there are very stupid people on record for being very stupid, high up at bushiroad

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Haystack posted:

Also, it's the hot new thing, which always goes over well in a boardroom.

yeah

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'm going to destroy all the YOSPOS style people who think AI is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I'm going to destroy all the YOSPOS style people who think AI is good.

you have my axe