Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PoundSand)

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Gunshow Poophole posted:

and this section is the one that bumps it to a felony:

a sign, for example. a posterboard advertising free masks to wear, in a broad interpretation. a poster or sign insisting that masks be worn in any given venue, in another.

Ah but you miss that this will be left up to police officers to interpret, who are widely known for their careful, nuanced approach to the law.

Are there any charity orgs that help pay for COVID vaccines for low income Americans?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
just wear an n95 under your kkk hood

also wear gloves and sunglasses so the cops don’t know you’re not white

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

can't wait to get arrested after deplaning the next time i have to go to a dumb work thing in nc

yay

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Joementum posted:

(5) is the KKK exception. they removed (6). the bill passed the full NC assembly yesterday 30-15. wearing a mask is now a Class 1 misdemeanor, punishable by 6-18 months probation and a fine.

:rubby:

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

can't believe they exempted hoods specifically are you loving kidding me here

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

The Oldest Man posted:

thisisamerica.mp3

Indoor Dying
Dec 13, 2022
We have the tools and you can no longer procure them and also they are illegal:thanks:

A Bag of Milk
Jul 3, 2007

I don't see any American dream; I see an American nightmare.

The Oldest Man posted:

the point is the give cops more power, not to potentially get them in legal trouble

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

NeonPunk posted:

So from all the clinicians and doctors that even bother giving PCR tests to their patients, it sounds like KP has less gastrointestinal symptoms and it presents more like what looks like an allergy. Swollen weepy red eyes, clogged noses and congestion in the lungs.

lol my buddy says he had conjunctivitis a couple weeks ago

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Teabag Dome Scandal posted:

lol my buddy says he had conjunctivitis a couple weeks ago

wonder if this is why wastewater is so low while I keep hearing about peoples allergies and colds.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
i assume it’s not Covid now and everyone’s compromised immune systems are leaving them open season for everything else

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.

Joementum posted:

(5) is the KKK exception. they removed (6). the bill passed the full NC assembly yesterday 30-15. wearing a mask is now a Class 1 misdemeanor, punishable by 6-18 months probation and a fine.

Congrats to NC on being the first state to end lockdowns.

Cretin90
Apr 10, 2006
So when I’m in NC for business can I like… wear my mask in the airport? On the plane into/out of RDU?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

As above, so below.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I trained for years in the ways of comptia +.

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021

Joementum posted:

the thread joked about this a year ago but i didn’t think it would actually happen. i should’ve believed

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

yeah covid threads have frequently predicted the future no joke

Why Am I So Tired
Sep 28, 2021
Julia Doubelday already has a great piece up about the mask ban.

https://twitter.com/julia_doubleday/status/1791178805672915098
https://www.thegauntlet.news/p/biden-cdc-silent-as-north-carolina

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Pink Mist posted:

the thread joked about this a year ago but i didn’t think it would actually happen. i should’ve believed

Soap Scum posted:

yeah covid threads have frequently predicted the future no joke

Cassandra 2.0

Or 4.0, whatever version of the thread we're currently on. And really I feel like we were predicting mask bans two or three years ago. It took time but it really was only a matter of time. Kinda like the biosphere collapse thread is right, just not yet.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
This but it’s mask bans.

Posting the stamped version because it’s funnier and to use their bandwidth.

Platystemon has issued a correction as of 02:04 on May 17, 2024

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(
lol @ 'sunni muslim' NOT getting the scare quote treatment

we live in the accursed age of endless content

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

Shiroc posted:

The only cure for loneliness is gathering at a restaurant or bar after in office work and discussing your favorite streaming services or consumer products.

In one of those funny moments when life syncs in different ways this was playing as the post appeared.

https://youtu.be/XlgQxK-HBGk?t=141

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Next month: North Carolinans joining the KKK to stay healthy.

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022

Gunshow Poophole posted:

not even a Vaccine Only Strategy

just No Strategy At All

a victory for Public* Health^

what do you mean by that last phrase? there's no mention of it in any of the history books or any other records

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

maybe the most prominent coverage i've seen of the NC bullshit so far:
https://arstechnica.com/science/2024/05/nc-senate-passes-bill-to-make-it-illegal-to-publicly-mask-for-health-reasons/

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The Atlantic ought to praise North Carolina for this brave attempt to address cave syndrome and other mental illness.

You’re immune. Act immune.

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

idk, i think there's a shot stuff like this re-ignites the lib ODD with respect to the GOP's extremely pro-covid poo poo. if it's tarred as a republican cause in an election year where it looks like trump might win, maybe it won't spread much.

also, i hate this world. i'm probably putting my job at risk by refusing to travel to NC lol.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Gonna get one of these for masks.

There’s no psychology like reverse psychology.

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

Platystemon posted:

:hai:

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

Platystemon posted:

There will be great earthquakes, and in various places famines and pestilences. And there will be terrors and great signs from heaven.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Simply wear a KKK hood to hide your medical mask, because it's still legal

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

quote:

I think it speaks to a broader cultural tension around serious political issues, like with the COVID or biosphere threads. Have those relaxed after being called out?

Thank you, everyone, for keeping the place chill. 🤗

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

Salt Fish posted:

I trained for years in the ways of comptia +.

while you were studying the comptia a+ blade, i was chillin with bonzi buddy

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Weekly Australia update! We have some data!

Vic covid hospitalizations are accelerating like crazy

https://www.health.vic.gov.au/infectious-diseases/victorian-covid-19-surveillance-report

Vic metro wastewater also quite high

National aged care cases & outbreaks also high and still rising

Twitter link

It's pretty obvious now that we're well into another surge but also that the recent dip didn't drop down very far and maintained fairly high levels throughout. The fact that they recently reduced reporting in Vic to every 2 weeks due to "low levels of covid" is pretty infuriating in light of that, cases have been elevated since at least last August

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

Platystemon posted:

proactively disavowing any and all bad posts made in the past or future just in case my limited engagement with the forums is seen as endorsement

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022
we were called out? i don't remember?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

maxwellhill posted:

we were called out? i don't remember?

It’s like when I yelled at the bogeymans living in the walls and told them that they were fail and cringe, and you know what? I don’t have a bogeyman problem now.

I don’t know what else to tell you. Light trolling works.

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022
the true bogeyman is all around them, waiting to correct them if they don't pretend along about the menace of protecting health and life expectancy

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Platystemon posted:

big ups to all the other threads who draw the qcs eye of sauron away from this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS