Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

bedpan posted:

Personally, I don't have any faith in the man who has tirelessly campaigned his entire life to keep marijuana illegal and to prevent any effort at legalization and who purged his staff of anyone who admitted they smoked grass.

He is doing this because he is afraid for his chances in November and for no other reason.

Not false. But passing legislation that the majority of the county wants....despite personal beliefs.....is a good thing. No?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020

RestingB1tchFace posted:

Not false. But passing legislation that the majority of the county wants....despite personal beliefs.....is a good thing. No?

Less illegal isn't what people want, isn't getting anybody out of bed, and is an amazing way to maximally piss everyone off

It really is bidens talent: finding exactly the most infuriating position. Reminds me of his response to roe v wade being revoked saying the current scotus "is not a normal court." Okay? And what will you do? Oh, nothing? So you'll just impotently observe the problem everyone sees?

Criminalizing weed's ruined lives, so you'll... Keep it illegal. But less. Okay????

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

RestingB1tchFace posted:

Yes, it's good that cannabis may not be a Schedule I drug for much longer. It's not good that it may be Schedule III. Maybe it's nitpicking, but it's not even legislation he passed, it's something he can do and could have done at any time, and he could have had it descheduled completely instead. It shouldn't have been made illegal in the first place, the campaign for prohibition was ridiculous and driven by a person I'm comfortable calling insane

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Samuel Glompers posted:

Less illegal isn't what people want, isn't getting anybody out of bed, and is an amazing way to maximally piss everyone off

It really is bidens talent: finding exactly the most infuriating position. Reminds me of his response to roe v wade being revoked saying the current scotus "is not a normal court." Okay? And what will you do? Oh, nothing? So you'll just impotently observe the problem everyone sees?

Criminalizing weed's ruined lives, so you'll... Keep it illegal. But less. Okay????

what are you all complaining about he cut the baby right down the middle and now both mothers get to keep a piece

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Samuel Glompers posted:

It's the kind of incremental change Dems love

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Spergin Morlock posted:

what are you all complaining about he cut the baby right down the middle and now both mothers get to keep a piece

There’s no data to suggest that mothers with half a baby don’t live full and productive lives.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

American mothers should all have the right to access the opportunity to earn at least half a baby

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

But for the parliamentarian

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020

Inspector Hound posted:

Yes, it's good that cannabis may not be a Schedule I drug for much longer. It's not good that it may be Schedule III. Maybe it's nitpicking, but it's not even legislation he passed, it's something he can do and could have done at any time, and he could have had it descheduled completely instead. It shouldn't have been made illegal in the first place, the campaign for prohibition was ridiculous and driven by a person I'm comfortable calling insane

Absolutely not nitpicking to observe how biden has squatted like a gargoyle until the pressure of a clearly losing campaign convinces him to pretend to do something

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Waddle Bourgeoidee posted:

1. American troops that would be responsible for wreaking havoc in the country would not enter the Afghan domain until the War on Terror.

2. The Taliban could have never retaken the country unless the deployed troops left, which was catalyzed under Biden's reign.

Waddle Bourgeoidee posted:

They lost because America realized that remaining in Afghanistan would be too costly in terms of life and resources, so if they decided to continue fighting despite these expenses, the conflict would still be ongoing.

Just like Vietnam, this was a war we could never permanently win since the U.S. would lose whenever it pulled out, which would have to occur eventually. In that sense, we "won" by killing Osama bin Laden and many other Al-Qaeda operatives, which (coupled with the refusal to hand over bin Laden) was the entire reason America invaded in the first place.

You're dumb as poo poo and the Taliban belong in Afghanistan more than the US Army does

I know I'm very late but I gotta get my shots in

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Hatebag posted:

wow, tariffs. glad those will stick it to the chinese and also americans that buy products of all kinds. that'll take care of all the inflation as well, in the sense that it will nurture it and help it grow larger

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xT6kblEmGGc

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Joe loves bullshit half measures that please no one.

Like he’ll only slow-roll arms shipments to Israel enough to piss off hardcore Israel supporters, not enough to halt Israel’s war machine.

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
everybody should have already hated joe biden he quantum leapt into his own body and is righting what once went wrong

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Platystemon posted:

The COLLUSIVE New York Times misled the public about Joe Biden’s age.

https://twitter.com/lindyli/status/1791231944631435363

why does everyone need things to be conspiracies? habberman is simple, she's a gossip columnist and trump is her perfect foil.

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020

Platystemon posted:

Joe loves bullshit half measures that please no one.

Like he’ll only slow-roll arms shipments to Israel enough to piss off hardcore Israel supporters, not enough to halt Israel’s war machine.

And it pisses off the protestors bc it's obvious bullshit. A master at gaining nothing from fake "action"

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
hey, if a lifetime of promising and delivering nothing except horrific racist cruelty is so bad, how did he become president? checkmate.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

its also just kind of hosed, because there is no way biden would give an inch in his lifelong dream to brutalize black people unless his belief in the eradication of Palestine was deeply committed and sincere

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

hey, if a lifetime of promising and delivering nothing except horrific racist cruelty is so bad, how did he become president? checkmate.

Obama made a bunch of phone calls to get the #2 and #3 guys to drop out and endorse the #4 guy, and left the #5 lady in to try to split #1 guys support

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

lmao ok just realized that the only people who werent smoking weed before but will now are young people working in DC

this is the dems throwing a pizza party for their disgruntled staffers lol

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Samuel Glompers posted:

Absolutely not nitpicking to observe how biden has squatted like a gargoyle until the pressure of a clearly losing campaign convinces him to pretend to do something

I just mean pointing out the specific word, I hate it when people do that at me. But yes, he could have done it with a text message or electro-telegram or whatever

Inspector Hound has issued a correction as of 02:20 on May 19, 2024

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

gently caress COPS STOP LEGALIZE STOP IT STOP BITCH STOP

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Wasn't lindy li the one who said if Bernie was the nominee she and others should vote for Trump out of spite

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

boy they're trying this again? they really are desperate

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

https://x.com/dril/status/757914951868485632

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

he dont miss

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
But no, we won't make Israel do anything like maybe let the aid trucks in without people ripping all the aid off first

https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/1791591330138751135?t=w7XY_g8XUIFK6aNgmRil8g&s=19

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

uhhh let me be clear

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

moist turtleneck posted:

But no, we won't make Israel do anything like maybe let the aid trucks in without people ripping all the aid off first

https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/1791591330138751135?t=w7XY_g8XUIFK6aNgmRil8g&s=19

We will use all of our available federal power in every state to crack down on protestors at college campuses within a day of tents going up but we won't even politely ask the Israeli police to remove the "protestors" that have been blocking all humanitarian aid trucks in direct violation of UN orders while under the military protection of the IDF.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

metric tons? can we put this into numbers an american can understand? how many NYPD Mass Arrest Busfulls is that?

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

to put the truly massive scale of the Biden Aid Pier into perspective, if the aid were fentanyl it would be enough to kill 85,000,000,000 cops

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

the aids pier is a pr stunt and is more than likely being used for israel to establish a permanent presence and use it for ethnic cleansing

its barely if it all letting in any aid

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

HallelujahLee posted:

the aids pier is a pr stunt and is more than likely being used for israel to establish a permanent presence and use it for ethnic cleansing

It's going to be used as a infrastructure for future fossil fuel exploration offshore

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

HallelujahLee posted:

Anything more than zero is enough for Israel humpers to claim it's better than nothing at all. A single MRE getting off the boat would have some dumbfucks going "yeah well that's one MRE that some hungry kid wouldn't have had otherwise" and thinking they're still smart and reasonable people

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

correct on both counts

papersack
Jul 27, 2003

moist turtleneck posted:

Those are very tiny numbers. He's spitting in their face.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Fellatio del Toro posted:

to put the truly massive scale of the Biden Aid Pier into perspective, if the aid were fentanyl it would be enough to kill 85,000,000,000 cops

:swoon: fent is good now

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

long ways to go
world is a gently caress

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

My good friend the good cop* : If you don't do exactly what I tell you to do (and call it a democracy) the bad cops will put you in a detention camp

*The democrats

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

are they putting the aid on the same boats as the bombs and jet fuel or are there two separate delivery terminals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Hatebag posted:

in joe biden's ideal america the cops are shooting people in the leg, people are getting injected with some kinda reverse ssri, and people leave the victrola on to talk to their stupid children

stupid babies need the most victrola