Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Kalli posted:

It's been very positive about him for the past week

https://twitter.com/MikeReiss/status/1688621664743862274

Interesting. I was under the impression he was a total head case but maybe he is finally getting it together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Professor Funk posted:

Interesting. I was under the impression he was a total head case but maybe he is finally getting it together.

The head case thing was mostly because he went back and forth a bunch on returning for his senior season but given how badly things collapsed under Orgeron and then having an entirely new staff come in and a pretty up and down season for the team it’s hard to blame him for flip flopping.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

$20 on the Pats moneyline +145

I'm a sicko

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Oh wait poo poo, an opportunity to hear Zolak call a game?

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Two terrible offences. I'm done after 1.5 quarters.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
And so ends the legend lol.

https://twitter.com/PhilAPerry/status/1689791212822142977?t=PyklAR2AXUUFnGxJQWzGFA&s=19

AJA
Mar 28, 2015
Of course he's on the sideline.

With the rest of the starters :smug:

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

Pablo Bluth posted:

They're worried he'll look bad when put up against (checks notes) Houston QB heavyweights Stroud, Mills and Keenum.

#TrashTalkSeasobIsBack

ugh fins really should have tried to hop on #seasob

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Are you telling me this random “Pats Stats” video that just came up when I googled Demario Douglas is full of poo poo?????

https://youtu.be/GKkUb7D18SM

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

So I think we can all celebrate NE's failure to make double digits. May their OL murder their season. Also their best QB might be a dual threat UDFA who can also play WR.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Could you make a single above average o line if you borrowed from every single AFCE team? I don't think so

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Do any of us have a good tackle? The Jets at least have one pretty good guard.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

sirtommygunn posted:

Do any of us have a good tackle? The Jets at least have one pretty good guard.

We have a great tackle when Terron Armstead is actually on the field.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Dion Dawkins is good. Not great, but good.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Pats line is fine as long as everyone stays healthy. Hah.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

fsif posted:

Dion Dawkins is good. Not great, but good.

Bills are a disaster at RT though right? That might be how the Jets shape up, Duane Brown (solid) at LT, and an absolute clusterfuck at RT.

Edit: I am starting to get excited about Will McDonald!

https://twitter.com/zackblatt/status/1689974719720615936?s=46&t=Q9JsEynxHxZ9F2lOwU2Uuw

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Professor Funk posted:

Bills are a disaster at RT though right? That might be how the Jets shape up, Duane Brown (solid) at LT, and an absolute clusterfuck at RT.

https://twitter.com/zackblatt/status/1689974719720615936?s=46&t=Q9JsEynxHxZ9F2lOwU2Uuw

They have a third year player in Spencer Brown who was drafted in the third as a toolsy guy that's flashed great play in a few games. But mostly he's just been bad and dealing with injuries. The Bills are seriously banking on him putting it together this year but training camp hasn't been kind.

They also have Brandon Shell who Dolfans say was basically adequate, but he, too, has struggled mightily in training camp.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

fsif posted:

They have a third year player in Spencer Brown who was drafted in the third as a toolsy guy that's flashed great play in a few games. But mostly he's just been bad and dealing with injuries. The Bills are seriously banking on him putting it together this year but training camp hasn't been kind.
So Mekhi Becton without the pedigree.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Brandon Shell, another great AFCE Incest player; he just needs to sign with the Patriots at some point to complete the cycle.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
He was actually decent last year for Miami so naturally we had to fire him

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

fsif posted:

They also have Brandon Shell who Dolfans say was basically adequate, but he, too, has struggled mightily in training camp.
I would have said camp reporting on Brown has been kind rather than either unkind or glowing. That said, there's is a big schism between the fan base who vocally want to immediately never see him again and the more measured assessments of the beat reporters. I think it's still possible he his the height of being functional.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Pablo Bluth posted:

So I think we can all celebrate NE's failure to make double digits. May their OL murder their season. Also their best QB might be a dual threat UDFA who can also play WR.

I REALLY wanted them to draft Lamar so if Cunningham turns out to be good at all that would be pretty cool (he will not)

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Pablo Bluth posted:

I would have said camp reporting on Brown has been kind rather than either unkind or glowing. That said, there's is a big schism between the fan base who vocally want to immediately never see him again and the more measured assessments of the beat reporters. I think it's still possible he his the height of being functional.

Joe Buscaglia, at least, has been pretty critical of Brown.

It also sounds like the offensive line in general has just been getting worked over like crazy in training camp. Dawkins, Morse, and even Bates have historically been pretty solid, so I largely just assume Brown's play has been a weak link.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Professor Funk posted:

I know he's here to keep A A Ron happy but if they lose a promising young WR because of Cobb's roster spot that seems pretty dumb.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Trent Brown is pretty solid when he cares which is like one year out of every three or so.

David Andrews is a good center and Michael Onwenu is one of the better guards out there.

Shame about our RT spot though.

Wait, who are the dolphins starting at RT? Are all 4 of our RT's a complete disaster?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

mcmagic posted:

I know he's here to keep A A Ron happy but if they lose a promising young WR because of Cobb's roster spot that seems pretty dumb.
Couldnt they just cut Corey Davis to save the cap space if they have all these young WRs looking so hot?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Couldnt they just cut Corey Davis to save the cap space if they have all these young WRs looking so hot?

I have said multiple times that I don't think they are going to pay Corey Davis 10 million dollars this year but :shrug:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

mcmagic posted:

I have said multiple times that I don't think they are going to pay Corey Davis 10 million dollars this year but :shrug:
Quick, someone do something to make Aaron hate him.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

It’s not about money. Jets have plenty but they’re not keeping more than 6 WRs.

Wilson
Lazard
Davis
Hardman
Cobb
1 of Brownlee/Taylor

By all accounts though they still love Corey Davis so even if both kids show out they might not cut Davis just to save the money and roster spot.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Diva Cupcake posted:

It’s not about money. Jets have plenty but they’re not keeping more than 6 WRs.

Wilson
Lazard
Davis
Hardman
Cobb
1 of Brownlee/Taylor
If they had more cap space they could have gone after more OL help. Thats my take on it, anyway.

Davis, Hardman, and Cobb are a waste of roster space.

edit: I'm surprised the Falcons havent tried to trade for Davis, since it was Arthur Smith's offense that made him look good if I remember correctly, and the Falcons dont have poo poo for WR behind London. Well, other than my boy Mack Hollins, who would be a waste of roster space if there was literally any other WR talent on that team.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

They have plenty of cap space. If there was OL available they could add it without cutting WRs.

Are we trading for Bakhtiari or something? Trade for Zack Martin and move AVT to tackle maybe.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I would drive the 2025 first round pick+ to the airport if they could trade it for Zack Martin.

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon
Great game last night.

I think I'm pretty confident in saying the Pats will win the Superbowl this season.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Good question.

https://twitter.com/davidfischer_71/status/1689769176317988864?s=46&t=DcBXErlGIUJUj8quAgYfkQ

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

The real question is whether he’ll break his brain

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Not saying Aaron Rodgers won’t be good this season but the only thing keeping Tom Brady from playing right now is being hit, so it’s a pretty important factor for an old rear end QB.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

It's not that wild of a question except for the fact that he's probably going to miss time and possibly suffer permanent brain damage in 2023.

If we take the 2022 average yards per game of the 12 games he started and finished and multiply it by 17, he would have had 4870 yards.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
He doesn’t care about yards only Tuddies.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=I5UZ2zmrZ3s

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

TheBizzness posted:

He doesn’t care about yards only Tuddies.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=I5UZ2zmrZ3s

mcmagic is about to steal your pick in the AFC East draft thread, just FYI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
poo poo man I worked a 10 hour shift yesterday and am at work right now give me 10 minutes