Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Beautiful

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

This is art

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

I’m fascinated by the concept of Dexter Loomis. It’s so insanely stupid and dumb I wrap back around to loving it. It shouldn’t exist, yet it does.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i think they look cool tbh

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

JOHN CENA posted:

i think they look cool tbh
yeah

cross posting my thoughts:

jesus WEP posted:

The funny thing is the sketches are way cooler in a vacuum than the usual boring-rear end graphics WWE does to hype matches, but having that cartoon style with a tortured artist gimmick makes it all really stupid

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

our avs sync up woah

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

tao of lmao posted:

Dexter Loomis

Dexter Loomer and he handcuffs himself to the DeviantArt headquarters because he got banned for drawing pro Trump erotica

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Lmao

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

lmao but in the style of Lemmy from his stupid vanity song

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Wow!

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
The only women’s match was that Martinez squash? Well, literally no reason to watch NXT this week

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

tao of lmao posted:

I’m fascinated by the concept of Dexter Loomis. It’s so insanely stupid and dumb I wrap back around to loving it. It shouldn’t exist, yet it does.

It’s a dumb gimmick, but like many things in wrestling, the dumbest things end up being enjoyable simply because the guy commits to it beyond the degree any reasonable person would.

It’s like the difference between a bad movie that appears on MST3K and the hundreds of movies that come out to no acclaim and make $200 million and vanish into the ether: the dumb bad movie had people trying and committing to something. The forgettable one was just a paycheck for all involved.

The Cameo fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Dec 31, 2020

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

The Cameo posted:

It’s a dumb gimmick, but like many things in wrestling, the dumbest things end up being enjoyable simply because the guy commits to it beyond the degree any reasonable person would.

It’s like the difference between a bad movie that appears on MST3K and the hundreds of movies that come out to no acclaim and make $200 million and vanish into the ether: the dumb bad movie had people trying and committing to something. The forgettable one was just a paycheck for all involved.

Yeah, I may be in the minority but I don't mind Dexter Lumis, he at least commits to the gimmick, and is fairly passable in the ring. This is probably his ceiling though.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Loomis’ drawing need to be more unhinged. Draw your opponent decapitated with comic amounts of blood gushing everywhere.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

tao of lmao posted:

same, its so wildly dumb that i'm surprised tortured caricature artist hadn't been done yet.

lmao

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Hahahahahahahahaha

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

lol

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
The drawings are pretty good but they're not really caricatures are they? They don't really exaggerate specific physical features like caricatures usually do. It just looks like his personal art style that someone mistook as caricature art.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Nobody's been in a go-kart yet so it can't be a caricature

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

well whaddya know

cams
Mar 28, 2003

can't decide who the best person is to fit into a joke about Vince McKaminoman building a clone army from

i guess john cena or something

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

cams posted:

can't decide who the best person is to fit into a joke about Vince McKaminoman building a clone army from

i guess john cena or something

seth rollins

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I think we’re on Clone #3,189 with Seth these days. Dude has died so many times. Vince stole the 6th Day technology to keep bringing him back.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

https://twitter.com/officialego/status/1344774347802742784?s=21

Guess that makes it clear where Ethan Page is heading.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

He’ll be the NXT version of Barry Horowitz

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

hey good for him, he worked hard and is gonna get paid and probably make his family real comfy

rest in peace ethan page i will probably never hear from you again

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Speaking of which, does A-Kid exist anymore? I remember him being talked about constantly like a year plus ago, then he got signed by WWE and I don't think I've heard him mentioned once since then.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Jerusalem posted:

Speaking of which, does A-Kid exist anymore? I remember him being talked about constantly like a year plus ago, then he got signed by WWE and I don't think I've heard him mentioned once since then.

He apparently won some sort of tournament in NXT UK last month.

Also, congratulations to Ethan on his money.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Jerusalem posted:

Apparently he won the Heritage Cup so good for him. Not necessarily the style of wrestler to come to mind when you think of old British wrestling with rounds but hey, he beat Noam Dar and Trent Seven and defended it against Tyler Bate

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Jerusalem posted:

Hes in NXT UK i think so yeah thats like being at the bottom of a well in the jungle.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
NXT UK? ha yeah you're not going to get me with that one guys, you fooled me once with those fake PPV results but not this time

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Julio Cruz posted:

NXT UK? ha yeah you're not going to get me with that one guys, you fooled me once with those fake PPV results but not this time

The only WWE I saw this year was the one episode of NXTUK that had Ilja vs Walter on it. So for me WWE had a 100% success rate and even NOAH can't claim that with me

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Pay some respect to the NXT UK champion, Spuds Buckley

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Pay some respect to the NXT UK champion, Spuds Buckley

Finally some Irish revenge against the crown

the_Vandal
Feb 7, 2004

You make me wanna cry
You make me wanna die
I love you, I love you, I love you,
I love you, I love you
Night Man
To whoever it was that said HBK seems like a good guy now let me tell you: LMAO. Born again Christians that used to be drug addicts are almost always fake as hell. And I seriously doubt that HBK is one of the very few that actually follow the actual teachings of Jesus. As someone that was raised in the south and has been around a lot of these types, the actually good ones are few and far between. And I seriously doubt Michael Hickenbottom to be one of the few that are actually devout and aren't just using it to his advantage. Never trust a "born again Christian" is what I am saying. They think they need religion so that they don't murder and rape people instead of just not doing it because it's wrong. Also, WWE will be even worse with HHH and Stephanie at the helm because I think it was Steph that made them become scripted which is the worst thing they could have done to pro wrestlers. But regardless of who takes over, it will still be WWE and have blood all over its hands so don't watch it at all. But do continue to laugh at how lovely it is by all means. Sorry for the wall of text. I don't know what paragraphs are. I hope we all have a better 2021.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

boxcarhobo posted:

hey good for him, he worked hard and is gonna get paid and probably make his family real comfy

rest in peace ethan page i will probably never hear from you again

dont worry, you'll still see him in j-rus recaps

you might not like what you see though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Happy new year :biglips: