Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

AParadox posted:

I've ran Thoma as Arle pyro support and it was a comfy clear.

the damage requirements on the bot side weren't too bad so his extra pyro procs helped a lot with the enemy shields and he kept everyone safe.

What's your artifact set for Thoma? Noblesse?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Lobsterpillar posted:

Not OP, I run him with two piece Tenacity and two piece Glow set for the extra shield. My pieces also have a ton of ER on them.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I had a funny brain fart where Considering how often names in Genshin are sometimes a little strange; I had no problem thinking someone was actually named "Guhua Geek" until I realized it's something more like Paimon calling someone a 'Martial Arts Otaku'. :aaa:

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

Lobsterpillar posted:

Yeah, noblesse with 200% er.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Exploring Chenyun Vale and doing the quest line there and I'm leaning towards that Genshin's story becomes more interesting to me when it gets a chance to be more true to its Xianxia/Wuxia influence.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
well yeah it's a Chinese company making content based off their own country instead of a Chinese company making content based off Germany or Japan or France

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

actually the story’s at its best when it’s about French people engaging in melodramatic legal battles with Italian Russians

Augus fucked around with this message at 16:01 on May 19, 2024

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
it's best when Childe is on screen. or Itto.

come to think of it have we ever seen Childe and Itto interact?

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Tampa Bae posted:

well yeah it's a Chinese company making content based off their own country instead of a Chinese company making content based off Germany or Japan or France

Right, its unsurprising that obviously a Chinese company writing content that borrows from their culture is going to be consistent in that regard, but Genshin as a story driven gameplay experience to me felts like its only really showing its potential as an experience when its doing so is more my point. While the Mondstadt arc and exploring Dragonspine kinda feels more like an anime themed BotW clone and not really its own thing.

For comparison the first five minutes of Honkai Star Rail which I've been incrementally trying out as well I think much more clearly established its identity for me and I could more immediately click with what I think it's trying to be. While with Genshin I'm still not exactly sure what's its trying to be but I'm getting a better picture.

One gripe I have is that I think there probably should've been a bit more to the whole thing where Traveller gets to attune to new elements instead of being just tapping a statue and automatically absorbing that power.

Like, semi-related, I'm at this one spot in Chenyun where you got that kungfu obstacle course with all the wooden pillars you're supposed to run across and I'm like, "Oh cool!" and I spent probably an ungodly amount of time trying to figure it out, eventually I clue in to switching to Walking mode and I can get across, except it's kinda like, unreasonably timed and the solution is you gotta like, jump across using a geo construct or maybe use Keqing's E, I didn't think to switch at the time though. I felt like that little puzzle could've been a little more interesting and play more into the wuxia genre.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

gently caress windtrace now and forever. I think I caught exactly one rebel in four games as hunter.

Descar
Apr 19, 2010

silvergoose posted:

gently caress windtrace now and forever. I think I caught exactly one rebel in four games as hunter.

I had the exacts opposite experience, played 2 times as hunter, caught all 3 rebels :P total of 7 games to finish the event.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Descar posted:

I had the exacts opposite experience, played 2 times as hunter, caught all 3 rebels :P total of 7 games to finish the event.

That's because you, unlike me, are remotely competent in this mode. I hate it!

Honest Davion
Jul 25, 2006
I buy Joel Nerf Guns

silvergoose posted:

At least it doesn't take too long to get the rewards even if you do have trouble! I personally love Windtrace, but I don't like this version anywhere near as much.

This is really more like Dead By Deadlight rather than prop hunt, fixing generators and running from the 'killer'. Pretty meh for me. It's got nothing on the thrill I got hiding from view while disguised as a very obvious haybale on the side/roof of a building, but moving constantly to keep the building in the hunter's view.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Honest Davion posted:

At least it doesn't take too long to get the rewards even if you do have trouble! I personally love Windtrace, but I don't like this version anywhere near as much.

This is really more like Dead By Deadlight rather than prop hunt, fixing generators and running from the 'killer'. Pretty meh for me. It's got nothing on the thrill I got hiding from view while disguised as a very obvious haybale on the side/roof of a building, but moving constantly to keep the building in the hunter's view.

You can do that but around the generator instead! I've actually had some pretty funny moments hiding as a crate while the hunter runs right up to me and then leaves. I've also seen people do the LoS thing but I'm not good at that

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Honest Davion posted:

I got 100 coins each hunter run and 5-800 coins each rebel run, so if I had gotten a long streak of hunter games, it would have taken me like fifty games.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
I really hate these forced PvP games

though it's less frustrating then this stupid boss I can't beat in HSR.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I played earlier in the event and was infuriated by how bad the rebels were. Three games where I cap at least two points and my entire team had gotten captured twice. I think players flat out did not understand the game for a while.

Today it was totally different it felt like the hunter never had a chance. All the old juking strategies work and if your team has any understanding of the mode and is actually capping the game is much shorter. (rebels should only be able to invis once per match it is just too strong)

No Wave fucked around with this message at 14:41 on May 20, 2024

Honest Davion
Jul 25, 2006
I buy Joel Nerf Guns

silvergoose posted:

I got 100 coins each hunter run and 5-800 coins each rebel run, so if I had gotten a long streak of hunter games, it would have taken me like fifty games.

Oof, I didn't realise it was as low as that if you do bad as a hunter! Makes me question the person that just idled as a hunter and the whole thing was over in under two minutes, that still seems like it would take longer than just playing normally.

Xun posted:

You can do that but around the generator instead! I've actually had some pretty funny moments hiding as a crate while the hunter runs right up to me and then leaves. I've also seen people do the LoS thing but I'm not good at that

I only did hunter once but on the map I had it was pretty easy to get eyes on the generators before they could try to scamper away, so it felt pretty easy to just laser focus on them and eliminate them. Just not so much large cover on these maps it feels. Besides, the actual hiding and trying to shift around without being noticed is what I liked in the previous iterations and the generator objective just feels at odds with it.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

I have mixed feelings on this version of Windtrace. They keep making it easier and easier and easier for rebels to win, but I do like there to be an actual challenge as the hunter so long as the rebel team has functional brains. For example, if there are just 2 competent rebels who trigger objectives on opposite sides of the map then whoever the hunter moves toward runs/hides, the hunter literally cannot win.

Think I averaged 1200 coins per round as rebel and ~1k even as hunter? You get bonuses for doing different things which really add up, like having the hunter hit your traps, or gaining a certain number of objective points as rebels, or capturing some/all in a certain timeframe, within a certain timeframe of using a skill as hunter, etc.

I do like that it's probably the most chill/relaxing a """pvp""" type of event could possibly be.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I think the dawn winery map is pretty bad if the rebels dont put any thought in to which spots they repair. I was hunter and there were only 3 spots left which were all really close together and in view of each other. Easy win after giving up 3 repairs

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
casual / competitive splits cause game design problems all the time but prop hunt / DBD clones have an especially bad time of it because coordination among the survivors creates such a huge swing. most games in the genre settle for anti-hunter bias due to a combination of hunter being advantaged (at least relatively speaking) in a clueless vs. clueless match, plus the fact that you're going to spend most of your time as a survivor

and in fairness that priority makes sense for a time-limited event in a completely different game that people are going to be doing out of a sense of obligation

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I think the dawn winery map is pretty bad if the rebels dont put any thought in to which spots they repair. I was hunter and there were only 3 spots left which were all really close together and in view of each other. Easy win after giving up 3 repairs
I thought dawn winery was super rebel favored just because going invis then turning into a lamp in the bushes is so op. I do wonder if scanner is better than hunch this time around just because the flashes already act like a hunch.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

No Wave posted:

I thought dawn winery was super rebel favored just because going invis then turning into a lamp in the bushes is so op. I do wonder if scanner is better than hunch this time around just because the flashes already act like a hunch.

Its true that its easy to hide, but these were the three they left me guarding and it was extremely easy to make sure they didn't get any of these ones at the end

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Who designed this cutscene where I keep being blown off of the pillar!?

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Its true that its easy to hide, but these were the three they left me guarding and it was extremely easy to make sure they didn't get any of these ones at the end

Lol I was a rebel in a game where exactly this happened.

Didn't matter what I did, there was no way out of that.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face

Raenir Salazar posted:

Who designed this cutscene where I keep being blown off of the pillar!?

Ah, year 1 memories :allears:

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

I do want the 'sports-like' minigames to have pvp tho like that soccer or tennis one

windtrace is just eh especially since I got a string of being hunter and incompetent rebel players so I'm just sitting there waiting for the 4 min to be up

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Just finished up the music event.

Am I crazy for thinking that Gorou already knew that Ms. Hina was supposed to be him? Maybe I was misreading the situation but it really did seem like he didn't know (instead of merely playing dumb in front of Kokomi), and that's not how I remember it being at all

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Shinji2015 posted:

Just finished up the music event.

Am I crazy for thinking that Gorou already knew that Ms. Hina was supposed to be him? Maybe I was misreading the situation but it really did seem like he didn't know (instead of merely playing dumb in front of Kokomi), and that's not how I remember it being at all

It felt to me that he was laughing awkwardly and praying no one else knew. It's why the traveler and Paimon end up changing the subject because of how uncomfortable he is. So that's my read too.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Eimi posted:

It felt to me that he was laughing awkwardly and praying no one else knew. It's why the traveler and Paimon end up changing the subject because of how uncomfortable he is. So that's my read too.

Okay, I just had a moment where maybe because it's been a while, but I was a little confused by the exchange since Kokomi obviously could tell, but Gorou was like "huh, just can't put my finger on it."

And once again Hoyo I am asking for a Ms. Hina skin for Gorou

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
I like how the end of the music event features a brief scene of Ei and Miko talking about how there's going to be a big apocalyptic battle at some point soon, and Ei is gonna have to murder some people. Really lightening the mood here.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
I liked that Itto was throwing eggs paper notes at Raiden's house.

librarerun
Feb 13, 2024
I mean, Natlan is the nation of War, of course they're going to begin setting up for it thematically.

Fontaine was fluffier than I had hoped, but I still expect Natlan to be absolutely hosed. If we ever get the Befall moment, it's time, I think.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I also feel like we narratively need to have characters working for and on side with the Heavenly Principles start showing up and having an Archon who is would be a shock to the system.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Incoherence posted:

I like how the end of the music event features a brief scene of Ei and Miko talking about how there's going to be a big apocalyptic battle at some point soon, and Ei is gonna have to murder some people. Really lightening the mood here.

lol yeah, felt very much like a filler episode where a character just randomly hints at a future story arc out of nowhere.

"Man, the beach is great."
"Yes, the apocalypse is fast approaching, so we should enjoy the peace while we can."

mycot posted:

I liked that Itto was throwing eggs paper notes at Raiden's house.

I like that Ei just finds one of the notes and goes "huh, yeah, I SHOULD find this dog, note from random person"

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
As long as the Natlan archon quest arc is as big of a banger as Fontaine's, I'll be happy. Hopefully also ignoring that huge chunk in the middle of Fontaine, but we don't talk about prison quest.

Incoherence posted:

You can always count on Ei and Miko lightning the mood.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
MIHOYO HAS HEARD OUR PRAYERS

RESIN CAP INCREASE

PRAISE DAWEI

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

what where how

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Neat. I wonder if they're gonna keep the same recharge rate of 8min/per (26.66~hrs to fill 200) or adjust the rate so it stays at 21.33~ hrs to fill.

If they keep it at the same recharge rate the only real change is not overflowing if you're someone like me who typically logs in at the same time every day (every 24hrs). Which, admittedly, means no longer "losing" ~20 resin per day, so it'll add up slowly over time.

Now where's the unlimited condensed count? (lol @ the pointless artifact recommendation "update" ... just tie the full character+weapon+artifact setup to the drat team already, it's not like you can swap teams or team members mid battle)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Note Block posted:

MIHOYO HAS HEARD OUR PRAYERS

RESIN CAP INCREASE

PRAISE DAWEI

:toot: