Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

HP Lovecraft, because goons will come piling in from all over to tell you how racist he was, how his stories are racist, and if they're feeling extra feisty, to imply you must also be racist if you like any of them.

a kitten has a new favorite as of 22:07 on Sep 1, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

a kitten posted:

HP Lovecraft, because goons will come piling in from all over to tell you how racist he was, how his stories are racist, and if they're feeling extra feisty, to imply you must also be racist if you like any of his them.

How about I tell you about reverse racism?

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.
"Can't we just end this discussion and agree that my opinion is objectively correct?"

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

a kitten posted:

HP Lovecraft, because goons will come piling in from all over to tell you how racist he was, how his stories are racist, and if they're feeling extra feisty, to imply you must also be racist if you like any of them.

DO U KNOW HIS CATS NAME?!?

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

a kitten posted:

Or "You only like it because of 'lol Cthulu' memes!"

GIANT OUIJA BOARD
Aug 22, 2011

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop

a kitten posted:

Justin Godscock posted:

NotAnArtist posted:

DO U KNOW HIS CATS NAME?!?

This is all going on in seriousness in the AUG thread right now, it's amazing.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

a kitten posted:

Justin Godscock posted:

This one's a triple whammy, because in addition to those two derail triggers, there's the fact that everything vaguely spooky and every unknown horror is "Lovecraftian" according to goons, making his mention all the more frequent.

GIANT OUIJA BOARD posted:

This is all going on in seriousness in the AUG thread right now, it's amazing.

GOONS :argh:

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Not a big derail per say but I always find it amusing how goons just utterly flip their shits over comic sans. I just don't get it, it's just a dumb font.

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

Accordion Man posted:

Not a big derail per say but I always find it amusing how goons just utterly flip their shits over comic sans. I just don't get it, it's just a dumb font.

Well I personally could care less about fonts.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

More or less every time you say some show/videogame/book/opera/cat taxidermy kit is crud, some genius absolutely has to let you know that contrary to popular belief, you d'ont have to watch/read/etc. it.

Gee, thanks Captain, I was thinking of stopping but I was afraid the guards would shoot me.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Kuiperdolin posted:

More or less every time you say some show/videogame/book/opera/cat taxidermy kit is crud, some genius absolutely has to let you know that contrary to popular belief, you d'ont have to watch/read/etc. it.

Gee, thanks Captain, I was thinking of stopping but I was afraid the guards would shoot me.

Then some goober chimes in with "how can you judge it if you didn't even finish it?"

mamelon
Oct 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Too many cthulu posts on this page.

Can we get back on track, folks? This is the derail thread, not the continuous-deepening-and-fleshing-out-of-a-single-discussion-thread

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums
Having to wear a tie / adult clothes to work chat has derailed a few of the IT threads in the SHSC forum :v:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3571852&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=223#post434333868
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3564747&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=371#post434399651

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Vitamins posted:

Well I personally could care less about fonts.

THAT MEANS YOU DO CARE!!!!!

This one actually annoys me for real.

• Locked thread