Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FrangibleCover
Jan 23, 2018

Nothing going on in my quiet corner of the Pacific.

This is the life. I'm just lying here in my hammock in Townsville, sipping a G&T.
Hey DSM, Hob's just attached the HMGs to me so I'm trying to site them. Can I have LoS checks from:

The top floor of the two buildings occupied by Dublish's pioneers, if the top floor is free (yellow)
The top floor of the two story that some of them are in now, with particular reference to fire arcs towards the Abbey (red)
Somewhere in the vicinity of the blue circle that I can use to deliver fire onto the ammo bearers while in some cover

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Ok guys, really sorry but I am going to end up having to bow out of this - good luck team, give em hell!

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Thanks for your efforts! You're welcome back anytime, we'll budge over and make some room ;)

pthighs, looks like we've finally got a command for you. I'll provide a handover brief for you if I get time.

pthighs
Jun 21, 2013

Pillbug
Sure, sounds good.

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

It's the end of the beginning lads, the first objective is in sight! Stay focused and don't get hasty or sloppy - a steady progress achieving a little bit each phase will seem unstoppable to an enemy trying to come up with a plan on the fly. There's a major phase change that will come up as we get to North Bridge, but for now concentrate on your tasks as companies.

9 Kompanie: These guys coming in from your west aren't big, but they could be a pain in the rear end that distracts from your current task. It's going to be a fine balance holding them off without dispersing our firepower. Keep smoothing Norforce's progress along and we will gather forces for a knockout blow.

Armoured Group: I have a massive fear of uncoordinated tank deployment that's based on long experience from Goon games. If you take on the AT gun frontally, I want to know the plan exactly - how you will avoid engaging it piecemeal, how you will guarantee it's destruction, how you assess the risks. If it takes until next phase to get approval, so be it.

Pioneer Kompanie: One little doctrinal thing I want to add that's a lesson learned from Hobgroup's experience - I'd like to have the north boys create a small reserve of one or two squads. Holding them is reserve is simple - the platoon commander simply keeps a squad in the next cover back from the fromtlines. These guys are there to add flexibility for the company commander - they form a mobile force that can be committed after the start of a firefight once the best fire position is obvious, countering enemy flanks, reinforcing a captured objective, etc etc. If platoon command wants to commit their reserve on their own initiative, they should discuss it with their company commander except in the case of dire emergencies.

Bn HQ
Bn HQ Track to move as follows:

Jaguars! fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Feb 11, 2019

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

Uh we really don't need an elaborate plan to take out the at gun and any delay is going to be bad. Right now it's pinned and the two middle pzIV only have to roll forward a couple of meters to get LoS so they're going to do that and shell the poo poo out of it.

That said after all this change can armor commands check in with what you think you're in charge of.

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

pthighs - Takeover brief - Stugs:

Forces: Your stugs are deployed around the center of Hobforce's position, in keyhole firing positions that can see straight out to the AT gun area and not much else. They've been firing pretty steadily, and have done a pretty decent job of wrecking the enemy AT position. The tank in the small circle is the #1 machine, which was hit early on in the battle and is functionally useless. The battery commander survived and is sitting about 100m back. A truck was sent to fetch him but this plan may have fallen by the wayside. I don't know how much use he is anyway without his tank or a radio.

I'm not sure what your ammo state is like but some guns might be low, - they carry about 20 HE shells each IIRC. They'll all have AP and smoke shells remaining though, and if nothing else they make good standoff MG platforms because of their armour.

Situation: The main threat to you currently is the AT gun concentration near the little kink in the railway. There's one, maybe two guns that remain, they've been heavily suppressed but we haven't seen them to confirm their status in a while. The other two known threat guns have been destroyed, so you are starting to gain a little freedom of movement. Here's a rough map:

Command: You are under Saros' Armoured command. You can also expect to be working closely with Hob's company to find positions that allow you to bombard enemy fixed defenses.

Saros posted:

Uh we really don't need an elaborate plan to take out the at gun and any delay is going to be bad. Right now it's pinned and the two middle pzIV only have to roll forward a couple of meters to get LoS so they're going to do that and shell the poo poo out of it.

That said after all this change can armor commands check in with what you think you're in charge of.

Well, maybe I'm paranoid after seeing so many bad experiences. Just make sure it works. I don't mind losing a tank too much just as long as the gun is eliminated.

Armoured group scheme of command as far as I'm aware is:

-Overall command: Saros
-- Stug Battery: pthighs
-- East two tanks: Saros
-- West three tanks:Koolkevz666

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Pretty sure that all the AT guns facing the stugs are dead as hell. The moving one is 100% dead from the shelling we did earlier and the northern one we weren't sure about got blatted by the PzIV's at the very end of the turn (10:20 in the vid). The final one is still MIA but we have put a lot of HE into it's position si I very much doubt its extant.

Hob - Handing off the Stummel 'tracks to your for infantry support.

Koolkevz

Time to engage that AT gun, the infantry have it suppressed so I want your middle two tanks to roll forward just far enough to sight its position and give it a good pasting. Try conserve ammo with orders to cease fire if it's confirmed dead but otherwise go nuts. Don't advance any further than necessary to engage the at gun until the infantry are ahead of you.

In the west it's largely the same, there's a house that's clearly full of allied infantry so I want you to whack it for a minute or two with HE while not advancing any further until the infantry can do your scouting for you. I also think that you can see into the allied backfield and mortar positions between that hedgerow gap if you sidle west slightly which would be freaking great.

Pthighs be aware that you have one Stug out of HE ammo and the other two likely have no more than a dozen rounds each max. Also another quirk of the Stug is the MG is mounted on the roof and fired by the Gunner so you can't use it and the main gun at the same time. Your orders are simple, advance to find firing positions across the open ground and destroy the enemy contacts in support of our infantry.

Saros fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Feb 11, 2019

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

Orders due Tuesday, February 12 at 7PM EST.

Hob_Gadling
Jul 6, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grimey Drawer
9 co orders

No changes in general plan.

Frang I'm attaching all four HMGs to your platoon. Get your men and establish a base of fire between dairy farm and your current position. Your target is hamlet and the highway.

Mcbagpipes, Dublish Clear the forest of American contacts. Hold position and shoot. I want all guns firing.

Move Stummels slightly so they can target the other high building inside abbey with contacts and fire a minutes worth of rounds there.

Mortars will target the forest edge in a line target, light fire. The exact line you showed in video.

koolkevz666
Aug 22, 2015
Non-command Panzer IVs

The two most eastern Panzer IV tanks are to Target the anti-tank gun with HE if they can see it, if they can't they are to roll forward the minimum required to see and fire on the AT gun. Once the AT gun is confirmed dead they are to ceasefire. The western most Panzer IV is to put HE rounds into the allied infantry in the hamlet for a minute either using Target or Area Target if they can't see any contacts. Don't move the tank any further west please ignore the yellow arrow.

koolkevz666 fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Feb 12, 2019

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Just Fyi those hedges are Bocage so you cant see through unless youre basically touching them and trying to move through them with a tank is a rather bad idea that ends with broken tracks. If you head that far west you'll just have to come all the way back when you want to advance further.

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

Pioneer Company:
OTF: Keep up the pressure. Keep maintaining a base of fire on the AT gun and HMG you can see until bigger guns get in there to back you up, but focus on pressing in as much as possible.

Glynn: Shift west, the north end of the woods is looking like a big time sink. I want you in a better position to hit North Bridge and put fire on where we've actually seen contacts. We'll worry about really clearing the woods later.

I'll get orders up for company HQ and 1. Platoon tomorrow.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

i'll post orders later. i finally got to watch the video, and i managed to get one squad in a good position at least. i'll look at the map again later but i think my closest threat is the spotted BAR guy in that house, so i'd like to get that house suppressed, but the MG and the AT are first priority

i might as well ask some questions, so i can learn things before i make my orders:

- will i be able to keep suppressing those two units with my one squad? if i just don't touch that squad, can i assume that those two units are not gonna shoot me, or anyone else?

- any reason not to send the two non-suppressing squads on that southwest hedgerow through the gap and into the forest downhill? the squad in my useless rear base of fire should QUICK their asses south too

- how about moving the HMG to the location of my suppressing squad? or should i look for another angle to use the HMG from, or find a different target?

- if there were americans in those foxholes near the suppressed MG, further toward the forest, would i have spotted them already? how about the forest?

edit: oh yeah, and what's all this about splitting squads? if that's a better way to stay alive i'll order it to be so

oystertoadfish fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Feb 12, 2019

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

The house is about to have a pz4 shoot it up so I wouldn't worry about that immediately.

For splitting you just order it and squad divides in half giving you two pieces to push around. Full size squads don't maintain spacing between members well so are very vulnerable to fire. Check my big bootcamp post for details.

Saros fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Feb 12, 2019

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
LOS checks will be live in an hour from this post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-CoQ0rMFPs

Enjoy literally the lowest effort video I think I've ever made.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

and here's my attempt at an ORDERS POST for THE SECOND PLATOON of PIONEERS

first of all, EXCEPT FOR the people currently shooting, squads need to SPLIT*. i hear it will help you live. but definitely don't mess with the orders of the guys doing the suppressing, i dont want to gently caress up the part of my plan that accidentally worked

the squad that's suppressing the AT and the MG should keep doing that

the two squads to their west should QUICKly move to the forest and find positions with sightlines to the bridge and such further south

the HMG should QUICK to where the suppressing squad is and start shooting at the AT and MG alongside them

the one squad next to the HMG should QUICK to the next hedgerow south with vision over the foxholes and edge of the woods to the south if possible. they can go through the gap to the south, or move to the west

oh, and i don't know what to do with my platoon commander. i figure he can ride over behind the western hedge, hopefully that's out of the way

* I can't really draw another map right now, please just widen the front of each squad that gets split so they're not bunched up but are still doing what they need to do.

---

hope there aren't too many awful decisions in there. intent is to get the MG in on the suppression fun and move everybody further south except the guys actively shooting. be aggressive, spot things, shoot them. you know

oystertoadfish fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Feb 12, 2019

pthighs
Jun 21, 2013

Pillbug
Saros, let me know if there is particular area/set of infantry you want me to support.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

koolkevz666 posted:

Non-command Panzer IVs

The two most eastern Panzer IV tanks are to Target the anti-tank gun with HE if they can see it, if they can't they are to roll forward the minimum required to see and fire on the AT gun. Once the AT gun is confirmed dead they are to ceasefire. The western most Panzer IV is to put HE rounds into the allied infantry in the hamlet for a minute either using Target or Area Target if they can't see any contacts. Don't move the tank any further west please ignore the yellow arrow.

Just going to touch on this again, please don't send your western Panzer anywhere. There's only one path for it through the Bocage and thats the one right in front of it. It also has excellent sightlines into the enemy rear area from where it is so just get forward slightly into the gap between Bocage rows, shoot the house a little then sit and sit still so you can do some proper spotting. I think there's decent odds you will see and be able to engage the enemy mortar teams as well as interdicting all movement in the western quarter of the map.

pthighs posted:

Saros, let me know if there is particular area/set of infantry you want me to support.

Basically the ones near the white line I posted previously. As you can see there are halftracks with them so the area should be safe enough for armor.

oystertoadfish posted:

first of all, EXCEPT FOR the people currently shooting, squads need to SPLIT. i hear it will help you live. but definitely don't mess with the orders of the guys doing the suppressing, i dont want to gently caress up the part of my plan that accidentally worked

When you split squads you get two units which need their own orders. Basically just tell the order giver to maintain decent separation of the squad sections after the split and it should be okay. I also really really need some infantry support for the two Panzer IV's in the middle. They are super vulnerable to americans with bazookas sneaking up on them from the forest to their east and I need bodies in there ASAP.

glynnenstein:siren: The two middle PzIV moving to engage the AT gun this turn are super vulnerable to any allied infantry in the woods to their east. I need you to advance as fast as possible to give them flank cover.

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Saros posted:

glynnenstein:siren: The two middle PzIV moving to engage the AT gun this turn are super vulnerable to any allied infantry in the woods to their east. I need you to advance as fast as possible to give them flank cover.

You ain't my boss.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Obviously, its a request.

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

Saros' request is in line with the orders for glynn that I already posted. No need for anyone to start stepping on toes.

Would adding a picture to my orders help clear up any misunderstanding?

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

We're all good. I'm just being playful with the chains of command. I will execute the suicide charge as ordered.

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

glynnenstein posted:

I will execute the suicide charge as ordered.

That's all I've ever wanted from any subordinate! *sheds manly tear*

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Command Panzer Orders]

Both unbuttoned.
-Command Panzer to reverse and head west at fast tucking in right up against the hedgrerow as shown and receiving target 1 minute area fire orders on any extant enemy contacts it can draw a bead on. Use your discretion picking targets per priority below.
-Other panzer to reverse then fast as shown across the bridge and tuck up against the hedgerow and receiving a one minute are fire against the location of any extant any enemy contacts. I cant really predict the sightlines fro here so if it's necessary to move it N/S along the road for better shots do so please.

priority order:
Enemy AFV
At Assets
Enemy soft vehicles
MG teams
Infantry

pthighs
Jun 21, 2013

Pillbug
Orders - StuG Battery

Move as indicated in yellow and face in the blue direction. I'm looking for areas where I can peek through the forest to get site lines on
either of the red oval areas. If I can, please put area MG fire (i.e. target light) near the enemy troops sound contacts (or on any enemies
that show up during the turns in that area).

pthighs fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Feb 12, 2019

FrangibleCover
Jan 23, 2018

Nothing going on in my quiet corner of the Pacific.

This is the life. I'm just lying here in my hammock in Townsville, sipping a G&T.
Orders - Frang Platoon (Reinforced)
I'll totally make a banner, I swear I'm not lazy

Have a brilliantly clear diagram.

The platoon is to load into halftracks and proceed to form a skirmish line along the road, using the hedges and fence for cover. While in the halftracks acquire as much 7.92mm ammunition as possible. Endeavour to avoid traffic difficulties on the road using appropriate timings. The platoon command element is to ride up to the location of the dead scout car and use it for cover while commanding the squads.

The HMG elements on the top floors of the buildings are to remain in position and deliver fire onto likely enemy locations, along with other halftracks. The elements on the bottom floors are to proceed to the top floors of the Pioneer buildings at best speed and obtain fire superiority so that the Pioneers can manoeuvre. The diagram includes a suggested dog-leg to avoid long exposure to enemy held positions.

FrangibleCover fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Feb 12, 2019

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

:siren: Pioneers 3rd Platoon Orders

Move the men up at QUICK, dodging the heart of the forest in the interest of speed. Split the squads as they approach contact, at least by about the point I've marked on the map, sooner if shooting starts. I would like the HQ and a squad in the hedgerow there. The squads in the woods should keep reasonable spacing, but be able to mutually support each other if there's a sudden contact. They may advance past the arrows if the turn moves that far, my intent is to screen the woods for the armor and enable them to advance but stop before becoming committed to the bridge fight while isolated forward. My intent with the unit in the hedgerow is to get spotting and support fire if possible, but more likely it's my reserve element while the other squads move up. If the forest units advance much past the arrows, the HQ can move fast into the woods behind them to begin to advance toward a forward position for an attack.

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

Pioneer Ko., 1. Zug

Zug HQ, 1. Squad, 2. Squad:

2. Squad is to SPLIT TEAMS, and each team will HUNT to the treeline, spreading out.
1. Squad will MOUNT the truck, which will QUICK to the south as shown. 1. Squad will then DISMOUNT and HUNT through the trees.

3. Squad, 4. Squad:

Both B Teams should continue to TARGET enemy infantry, prioritizing visible units over most recent contacts.
Trucks will QUICK to the houses and stop east/southeast of the buildings so that they are as concealed as possible from enemy fire.

WHEN PANZERGRENADIERS ARRIVE IN THE HOUSES TO RELIEVE 3. SQUAD AND 4. SQUAD, the pioneers will MOUNT the trucks.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I have to run to work so the most I can post is the video.

NEW TURN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnFcELmYjKw

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Okay well some good and some bad. More good though but losing the Panzer sucks.

Here's the end of turn map.

General Tanker orders: We stick together in close formation from now on, the allies are no doubt going to try ambush one of our groups with their Shermans. Make sure your guys are unbuttoned, it seems the allies were trying to sneak up on our Panzers and Bazooka them but thanks to our crunchy buddies they got blasted.

Panzer IV's
Okay things are getting tricky here, us and the Shermans are both on gentle slopes towards each other at long range so technically we can both draw LoS to each other right now but there are a lot of Tree's etc in the way. I'm going to have my Tank in the west provide overwatch, I want you to advance very slightly and cautiously to assist the pioneers in finishing off the allied infantry in front of us this turn, I expect the Shermans will spend most of it re-positioning.

Stugs
Probably worth rolling forward a bit - Top priority is to take out that MG and AT gun we can see, you should have sight on them from where you are now. Ideally leave one guy on overwatch in case of allies moving into the hamlet or Shermans appearing.

Saros fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Feb 14, 2019

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

Reinforcements on deck!

At 1:05:00 you will get the following in the southeast corner. That's the very end of the upcoming update / beginning of the following update.

-III Battalion, 9 Kompanie, 3 Zug (dismounted)
3 Zug reports they were forced to abandon their halftracks and march after American artillery struck a truck convoy, leaving the road blocked by wreckage. They did, however, come upon a small force from 2nd SS Panzer Rgmt on the way and caught a ride:

-2nd SS Panzer Rgmt, I Battalion, 3 Kompanie, 2 Zug (3x Panzer IV)

Furthermore, Hauptmann dublish reports that his mortars have finished deploying and await fire requests from the pioneer kompanie starting at 1:05:00:
2x 81mm mortar (off-map) (60 HE rounds, 5 smoke rounds).

Fray fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Feb 18, 2019

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

For the benefit of everyone who isn't glued to discord 24/7, we're kicking around ideas about attacking the abbey directly from the east. The enemy tanks and reinforcements seem to be focused on our pioneers, there doesn't seem to be more than a couple squads between us an the abbey walls, and we've now got more than a whole company concentrated in the southeast corner of the map.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

seems like my move into the westernmost little forest was a success aside from one casualty, the two easternmost split-squads are firing on poo poo. maybe the westernmost one isn't doing much good and could QUICK to those houses southeast of the little forest before the Allies get properly set up downhill? otoh that's the squad that took the casualty and if they can shoot us uphill we should be able to shoot them downhill... it'd be embarrassing to get flanked on the map-edge side

in general it sounds on the discord like the pioneer company's job may be to shoot bullets downhill while 9th and the tanks move forward. obviously i don't have any orders yet, i'm just speculating for fun

and should i leave the HMG to keep firing at the wrecked-rear end former AT/MG location, or should i leave the rifleman squad? or even split the squad and only leave half there. or, of course, stop covering that building at all, but i feel like we should deny it to the enemy

maybe my HMG should go into one of those houses? idk

in general i'm wondering if i should advance any farther, or if that would just play into the downhill allies' hands and my current position is fine for the role

also is this one of those situations where if i stay put for 5 minutes american artillery starts murdering me?

oystertoadfish fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Feb 14, 2019

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

[Edit: In reply to Dublish] Yeah, I was hoping to get some low cost progress in the north, but in view of how crowded the north sector is going to get, I think I agree.

9. Ko. Secure flanks, clear surrounding terrain, obtain more fire support positions and secure jumping off points. Plan your attack into the Abbey.

Pioneer north Co: Pin the northern defensive positions and smash their open topped positions with mortar fire. Small advances may be possible but you don't have to take North bridge until 9. Ko. becomes available again.

Armour Co:Pretty much as Saros' orders. Possibility of more tanks to arrive as reinforcements. The enemy most dangerous course of action would be to operate south of the Abbey and disrupt our attack, but the more likely scenario is them advancing northward to shore up their chaotic front line.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

If they had more arty I think we would be seeing it by now, though it's quite possible that their reinforcements included a 105mm battery or something so in 4-6 mins we should probably look out.

Hob_Gadling
Jul 6, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grimey Drawer
9 co orders

North group is bogged down and fighting with American reinforcements. This means it's our turn to close in with abbey.

Company will deploy as follows:

Mcbagpipes and Dublish will form the main firing line. They will keep everyone in front of them pinned down. Stummels will support if anyone shows up in abbey.

Frang will swing north and take the forest patch directly on the American flank. He will be in a position to sweep the forest by a southward movement or lend support to north group.

Malick will swing south and advance through the forests towards the river.

End result is us covering the abbey from three angles. I want to force Americans to divert some of their reinforcements towards this new threat, easing up on the north group and allowing them to win their fight.

We have not met much direct resistance. If the abbey is lightly defended we can just walk in from south and east. Move carefully and cover your advance with fire.

Frang swing north and take the forest patch. Make sure you bring enough force to win a firefight with MG and AT gun. I need to know if you need more men.

Mcbagpipes I want to see more fires in your sector. Shoot at the forest for the next minutes. Keep their heads down. Send some people to take the house nearest you. Stay inside the forest as long as possible.

Dublish once HMG are set up, get your people out and get some more ammo. Make sure the AT gun we see is suppressed before you go. Then regroup. In the south I want you to suppress the entire forest in front of you. Start shooting.

Malick get your people to the forest directly south of Dublish. Send some scouts ahead. You'll flank the abbey from south. Stay clear of the forest where Mcbagpipes and Dublish are shooting. Use cover as much as possible. Your first task is to scout the defenses of the southern road before committing into advance.

HMGs priority target is AT gun. All machine guns that can see will area fire on it. Otherwise they're still under Frangs command.

Once pioneers vacate the houses, run company HQ into the house where HMG can see the enemy AT gun.

Have mortars fire on a line target, light intensity at the sector Dublish is firing at.

Cease fire with Stummels. Shoot if more targets pop up inside abbey walls.

Armor command: we're attempting to suppress the AT gun. See if you can kill it. Do you want to advance through the southern road? We will attempt to clear it in any case but will prioritize AT weapons if you're coming with us. Other than that, I don't think the ground is good for you here south. Good hunting!

Malick23
Sep 10, 2001
I bought all my friends forum accounts and all I got was this lousy custom title

Hob_Gadling posted:

Malick get your people to the forest directly south of Dublish. Send some scouts ahead. You'll flank the abbey from south. Stay clear of the forest where Mcbagpipes and Dublish are shooting. Use cover as much as possible. Your first task is to scout the defenses of the southern road before committing into advance.

You got it. I'll have orders in soon.

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

Kompanie HQ:

No orders! All platoon HQs have radios, so any of us will be able to call in artillery support!

2. and 3. Platoons:

Continue your attack down the hill. I believe that between trees and buildings, the enemy Sherman was in a pretty lucky keyhole position, and that your movements will not be subject to as much tank fire as I initially thought.

A few things to keep in mind as you advance:
  • ALWAYS have a base of fire prepared before you advance part of your force.
  • Pioneers have satchel charges that can blow gaps in tall hedgerows. This can help you move forward without cramming through a single bottleneck.
  • If you need to bound a single squad forward, either split it into teams, or use the ASSAULT order. Split teams means more micromanaging, but one team getting hit or pinned won't affect the other, whereas assaulting is easier to use, but can result in a squad getting pinned in weird ways.
  • 3. Platoon in particular, watch out for infantry in the woods to the southeast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

3. Squad, 4. Squad:
Phase 1:

4.B will TARGET the AT gun at the northwest corner of the abbey.
3.B will TARGET infantry in the vicinity of the North Bridge, prioritizing whatever is most visible at each turn.
4.A will QUICK to the truck outside the east building and MOUNT.

Phase 2:

When the 9.Co HMGs are set up and firing, B teams will MOUNT the trucks outside their respective buildings.
Both Squads will ACQUIRE up to 1500 rounds of 7.92mm ammunition, and up to 250 rounds of 9mm.
The trucks, once loaded, will QUICK as shown (4. Squad's truck should cut back to the highway before it reaches the dirt road running east from the abbey), and then regroup with the rest of the platoon.

Zug HQ, 1. Squad, 2. Squad:

1. Squad will TARGET the sound contacts in the woods to the west.
2. Squad will MOUNT its truck and return to its previous position, and then DISMOUNT.

3. Squad (green) and 4. Squad (blue) will DISMOUNT when their trucks arrive as shown, and then HUNT to the treeline. 4. Squad will SPLIT TEAMS, with A Team angling south and B Team angling north.