Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HATECUBE
Mar 2, 2007

Arian_Samurai posted:

I heard the 300 is a good car. Is this true?

the 300 is a boat that was delivered as a consequence of the line that makes chargers and challengers. when they decided to multibrand the charger, the version with slightly more poo poo glued to the cabin and the higher pricetag is the 300. you can find them with 3 engine sizes and i dont think any of them are as fule efficent or as a fun as boat chassis allows.

if you like any aspect of any variant of this car and havnt already gotten a buick, lincoln, caddy, benz then it wont let your 65 year old man expectations down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

PT Cruisers look like poo poo but why do I like Minis so much?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

The 300 is shamelessly marketed to black people who can't afford bentleys.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

All I know about the PT Cruiser is that I had a co-worker who sold his for a used Range Rover.

That says a lot about the PT Cruiser when you'd rather get down with the Prince of Darkness than enjoy DaimlerChrysler's finest economy/nostalgia offering.

FizFashizzle posted:

A huge step up from the Mitsubishi Galants and Chevy Caprices they used to own. Sub-Prime 4 Lyfe, son.

90s Solo Cup fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Jun 10, 2014

rcman50166
Mar 23, 2010

by XyloJW

FizFashizzle posted:

the funniest post in LF history happened when someone, in the thread about this, said the accelerator wasn't a problem because you could just open the door to create drag and slow your out of control corolla down enough to get it into the grass.

hahaha

HATECUBE
Mar 2, 2007

the challenger is a better use of the platform imo. but the biggest fuckoff challenger is totally outdone by the shelby gt500 and i wouldnt buy any of the above.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

I've seen a 300 with a Bentley badge on the hood and the 300 badge removed from the trunk .

edit I've seen the same with an acura and BMW badge which is even more of a stretch

HATECUBE
Mar 2, 2007

THE RED MENACE posted:

I've seen a 300 with a Bentley badge on the hood and the 300 badge removed from the trunk .

lol one of the engi fleet 300s had the bently honeycomb wire mesh grill. i hope that isnt a part we make, that would be too much

E; none of this is as bad as pt cruiser mods

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

euphronius posted:

I think I'm going to buy a new beetle. What is the back seat like?

dont do it. i test drove one before buying a 2012 gti. the beetle is the same engine but only has two back seats so it seats 4 and there is no trunk space/headroom compared to the GTI.

a creepy colon fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Jun 10, 2014

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
The other day I saw a Dodge Neon with the batman logo on the hood.

Overall the Bentley badge on a 300 is a bolder move.

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sharkie posted:

The PT Cruiser's dumb cousin the HHR has the battery in the back. You can't open the rear hatch if the battery dies, because it has an electrical touch-sensitive door, not a regular one you can just unlock and open.

So if you need to change or jumpstart your battery, you have to cut a hole in the door and stick a screwdriver inside of it and poke around blindly until you hit the internal latch that makes the door open. It's literally the stupidest thing I've ever seen in a car.

hahah, this is awesome

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

Bacon Hat posted:

the challenger is a better use of the platform imo. but the biggest fuckoff challenger is totally outdone by the shelby gt500 and i wouldnt buy any of the above.

the challenger is pretty dope, but it's been positioned as the luxurious/cruiser nostalgia muscle, so I don't know hwo clear a comparison to a beastmode shelby actually is--hosed up given how slim the Challenger original was, but whatever, no big. excited to see the AWD Dart, tho, on the other end of the spectrum

oh yeah, the pt, uh, we all hateit down here by the creek, can't even smoke the tires or get the rear end wild pullin into the gravel road

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
I drive my great grandmother's 1988 Buick Park Ave and I got it for free and it owns hard. #suckers #goodcars #wow

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cesar Cedeno
May 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 593 days!
When I get my Bentley in a few years....

If you want a car that works, forever, in any loving condition satan can throw at you for a reasonable price, and even if you somehow crash it horribly you'll be fine, get a god drat Subaru. Best car in America right now for the price.

HATECUBE
Mar 2, 2007

the biggest (current) challenger is a 2015LA hellcat supercharged 6.2L hemi, its a about 5hp harder, 500lb heavier, and 20grand more dollars.

that SRT dart looks cool, cant wait to see how we manage to gently caress it up. same goes for the 100 which will just be a dart with less body paneling. god drat i hope you like darts

i for one loving dont

theres an elec engi guy here that has an aztek and loving loves it, but will openly hate on a PT like everyone else. i have only ever seen pt fanboys on the internet

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

feld posted:

Yes, this. PT Cruiser is not a car. It's a truck. It was introduced to boost the average fuel efficiency of their truck line to not get huge fines from the government.

It's a piece of poo poo government scam car that people actually buy. :wotwot:

Tons of cars do this. The old subaru outback your hippie friend drives is tech a truck. On the other end, Nissan was selling leafs at cost/probably a loss just to be able to claim their whole fleet was gaining mpg.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Pobama posted:

When I get my Bentley in a few years....

If you want a car that works, forever, in any loving condition satan can throw at you for a reasonable price, and even if you somehow crash it horribly you'll be fine, get a god drat Subaru. Best car in America right now for the price.

Not if it's a turbo subaru, ask me how i know this (actually don't)...

But yeah a new base model Impreza with a manual transmission will rust into the ground long before it becomes mechanically unsound or a money pit that will be sent to the crusher (but the same can really be said for a Civic, Corolla, whatever). Subarus do seem to take abuse in stride better than most brands though...especially the older ones (I sold my WRX for a few grand less than i bought it for almost 3 years before, with a motor in it that I eventually discovered had lost 50% of its compression, and the person that took it off my hands never even realized this. I had also been driving it with a terminal motor for almost a year, so yeah they are pretty diehard...caveat emptor mother fucker)

The AWD also makes them more expensive than similar compact models from Toyota, Hyundai, Ford, etc. and most people don't even need the AWD as much as they think they do, they just need a good set of tires on their two-wheel drive car (or even a separate set of snow tires) and a decent amount of common sense behind the wheel with an ability to drive according the the road/weather conditions.

Mariana Horchata fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Jun 10, 2014

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

you my boy kelly!! you my boy!!

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Bacon Hat posted:

theres an elec engi guy here that has an aztek and loving loves it, but will openly hate on a PT like everyone else. i have only ever seen pt fanboys on the internet

everybody who actually drives an aztek loves it because they don't have to look at it

Gambit32
Feb 16, 2003

M'sweet, I never gamble... I win. At everything.
I liked my Cruiser. Did me well for three and a half years

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

FizFashizzle posted:

Hispanics too

pic: the 300 with the bentley emblem on it in my apartment complex parking lot

Sgt. Shaved Balls
Sep 6, 2006

by Lowtax

would

Fortuitous Bumble
Jan 5, 2007

Sharkie posted:

The PT Cruiser's dumb cousin the HHR has the battery in the back. You can't open the rear hatch if the battery dies, because it has an electrical touch-sensitive door, not a regular one you can just unlock and open.

So if you need to change or jumpstart your battery, you have to cut a hole in the door and stick a screwdriver inside of it and poke around blindly until you hit the internal latch that makes the door open. It's literally the stupidest thing I've ever seen in a car.

to change the headlights in a PT cruiser you have to take the front wheels off and go in through the wheel well.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

FizFashizzle posted:

Who would have thought that marketing would target a group of people that generally love their product. loving racists.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Fortuitous Bumble posted:

to change the headlights in a PT cruiser you have to take the front wheels off and go in through the wheel well.

i didn't believe you so i watched a video on youtube and jesus loving christ

required equipment for changing headlight bulbs:

jackstands

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
cars look like sneakers now. especially SUVs.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
i go outside and think "why is everyone driving giant shoes around" yup

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

RandomFerret posted:

everybody who actually drives an aztek loves it because they don't have to look at it

was pretty funny how the aztek got used in Breaking Bad

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Sharkie posted:

This owns

Fortuitous Bumble posted:

This owns too.

My car breaks down once a week and it's still apparently better designed than these ahahaha.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

it was a good movie:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjEGYa6GlgA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqHZWdFVyyQ

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Bacon Hat posted:

theres an elec engi guy here that has an aztek and loving loves it

azteks are such the whipping boy but they're really alright. but they like everything else pale in comparison to the coolest SUV ever, the vehicross

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

FizFashizzle posted:

Ironically, the 300 is imitating the design language of the Fifties 300 coupes and Imperial sedans.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBGSxqkS0sg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWO-puRWryU

Bentleys/Rolls from that era had the soft flowing lines typical for euro luxury tourers. Modern 300s with Bentley badges are loving hilarious though and the PT is still an epic piece of poo poo. The Chrysler 100 probably won't be the Cruiser 2.0, a true loss for humanity and nostalgic baby boomers.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

I've only seen it once I think but was too hosed up at the time to really remember anything aside from the "too fuckin high" part...probably gonna rewatch it tomorrow.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Jonny 290 posted:

azteks are such the whipping boy but they're really alright. but they like everything else pale in comparison to the coolest SUV ever, the vehicross

The best part of the Aztek is the built in camping functionality.

The very definition of functionality. So amazing that THE GERMANS stole it!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

NihilismNow posted:

Yeah it was a pretty bad car.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
Hmmm yess the really expensive yuppy tent for those that don't really want to commit all the way to camping.

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

Call of Cholula posted:

The best part of the Aztek is the built in camping functionality.

The very definition of functionality. So amazing that THE GERMANS stole it!

nah vw's been doing that for ages in the form of westfalia camper vans

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_Westfalia_Campers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

• Locked thread