Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Kawa's new gimmick is really weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

CharlestheHammer posted:

It honestly seems like he's in the "see how far I can really get" mode, and well, he takes over every thread and never gets probated so it fuels him even more. I applaud his work ethic but hate his work.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Barreft posted:

It honestly seems like he's in the "see how far I can really get" mode, and well, he takes over every thread and never gets probated so it fuels him even more. I applaud his work ethic but hate his work.

It's about ethics in Baltimore sports cynicism

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Big Beef City posted:

*watches grains of sand trickle through fingers*
I will show you fear...

I appreciate this reference.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
The evidence suggests the Jags will take dirty kill shots on Big Ben all day long, win or lose. He is an unrepentant multiple sex offender so that's fine.

Don't know why Tyrod deserved to die though.

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

I LIKE PETA AND THINK THAT SCIENCE IS EVIL
I was at that godamned Chiefs game and it was a joke. The Chiefs suck with Reid calling plays, which he was during the second half, so it's on them for losing that game, but the officiating was unfathomably bad. No explanations to the crowd as to why neither of Mariota's fumbles were not fumbles so everyone was confused as gently caress.

The best thing about the game happened early in the first half when four loud and obnoxious drunks behind us got narced on by the guy sitting next to me. I didn't mind the poo poo they were saying but I guess Butthurt McSandyvag went and told security and all four got kicked out.
Halfway through the 4th quarter I'm sitting there just watching the bullshit when I feel a couple of cool drops of liquid fall on me, followed by the guy next to me jumping up and pushing me to the side. Turns out one of those 4 dudes got back in, got a large cup of either ice beer or pop, snuck up behind that dude in the seats and poured it over his head. Pretty neat considering it was 24 degrees out.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

PureEvil6_13 posted:

I was at that godamned Chiefs game and it was a joke. The Chiefs suck with Reid calling plays, which he was during the second half, so it's on them for losing that game, but the officiating was unfathomably bad. No explanations to the crowd as to why neither of Mariota's fumbles were not fumbles so everyone was confused as gently caress.

The best thing about the game happened early in the first half when four loud and obnoxious drunks behind us got narced on by the guy sitting next to me. I didn't mind the poo poo they were saying but I guess Butthurt McSandyvag went and told security and all four got kicked out.
Halfway through the 4th quarter I'm sitting there just watching the bullshit when I feel a couple of cool drops of liquid fall on me, followed by the guy next to me jumping up and pushing me to the side. Turns out one of those 4 dudes got back in, got a large cup of either ice beer or pop, snuck up behind that dude in the seats and poured it over his head. Pretty neat considering it was 24 degrees out.

I think I need to text my buddy because this sounds like something his group would have done.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
If you want the Mariota fumbles to count, Kielce also fumbled when he was knocked out on the helmet to helmet hit. The officiating overall was pretty terrible.

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

I LIKE PETA AND THINK THAT SCIENCE IS EVIL

No Butt Stuff posted:

I think I need to text my buddy because this sounds like something his group would have done.

All I remember is that one of the 4 guys had a red beard

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

sean10mm posted:

The evidence suggests the Jags will take dirty kill shots on Big Ben all day long, win or lose. He is an unrepentant multiple sex offender so that's fine.

The Steelers definitely know how to handle that kind of game thanks to decades of dishing it out themselves

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

CharlestheHammer posted:

Wait till next weeks episode! When birding takes a very twisted turn...

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Kawalimus posted:

Wait till next weeks episode! When birding takes a very twisted turn...

Oh no he's going hunting :ohdear:

nah
Mar 16, 2009

it's gonna be the goddamn Patriots and Falcons again won't it

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

XxGirlKisserxX posted:

it's gonna be the goddamn Patriots and Falcons again won't it

Saints

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

sean10mm posted:

Huh? Tyrod gets tackled rough once by a piece of human garbage (Dante Fowler) (when Tyrod was trying to run and there was contact with another offensive player) and now the whole Jaguars team are cheap shot artists?

edit: Either that is some b tier trolling or people dont like that football can be rough sometimes, lol

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Jan 8, 2018

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Huh? Tyrod gets tackled rough once by a piece of human garbage (Dante Fowler) (when Tyrod was trying to run and there was contact with another offensive player) and now the whole Jaguars team are cheap shot artists?

edit: Either that is some b tier trolling or people dont like that football can be rough sometimes, lol

I didn't watch a portion of the game in the middle, so there may be more, but you are also overlooking the late hit to Tyrod's head (when he was sliding) in the first half that was flagged by the refs. There was also a play two snaps after the first flagged call where the defender grabbed Tyrod's head and bent his neck into a 90 degree angle.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000903707/Tyrod-Taylor-takes-off-for-9-yards-Yannick-Ngakoue-late-hit-tacks-on-15

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

a new study bible! posted:

I didn't watch a portion of the game in the middle, so there may be more, but you are also overlooking the late hit to Tyrod's head (when he was sliding) in the first half that was flagged by the refs. There was also a play two snaps after the first flagged call where the defender grabbed Tyrod's head and bent his neck into a 90 degree angle.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000903707/Tyrod-Taylor-takes-off-for-9-yards-Yannick-Ngakoue-late-hit-tacks-on-15
Ah poo poo I forgot about the late hit by Ngakoue. Yeah I was unhappy about that because Yannick seems like a classy guy that doesnt do that kinda stuff. I watched most of the Jaguars games this year and that is not something he normally does...I honestly cannot say that I have seen him commit late hits like that ever before. In interviews he is a really humble guy. I would like to think that that play was a bad judgement call on his part.

I did not see the head grab / neck bend play so I cannot comment on that. I just think its hilarious that people are making that big a deal about it. Seattle did way worse things to the Jaguars, including multiple uncalled late, vicious hits on Bortles before the victory formation meltdown happened.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Also, another Seahawks victory formation meltdown, that wasn't even in a Super Bowl? 2/10 smh

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

:rip: matt kalil's wiki page
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Kalil

edit: ah dang it got fixed

PupsOfWar fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Jan 8, 2018

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Ah poo poo I forgot about the late hit by Ngakoue. Yeah I was unhappy about that because Yannick seems like a classy guy that doesnt do that kinda stuff. I watched most of the Jaguars games this year and that is not something he normally does...I honestly cannot say that I have seen him commit late hits like that ever before. In interviews he is a really humble guy. I would like to think that that play was a bad judgement call on his part.

I did not see the head grab / neck bend play so I cannot comment on that. I just think its hilarious that people are making that big a deal about it. Seattle did way worse things to the Jaguars, including multiple uncalled late, vicious hits on Bortles before the victory formation meltdown happened.

Jags defense doesn’t strike me as dirty, just young, stupid and undisciplined. Reminds me a lot of the Panthers D a few years ago.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

weird Asian candy posted:

Owns what? Time shares during the playoffs?
u son of a bitch!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Big Beef City posted:

It's gonna be Steelers/Pats and Eagles/Vikes and then Pats/Vikes in the superbowl which will be overhyped because of the Vikes being at home, which the Pats will win again, handily, and the NFL will wonder why ratings dwindle. Sue me for being a sad sack.

lol when have the Patriots ever won a Super Bowl handily? Patriot Super Bowls are the most competitive.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

PupsOfWar posted:

:rip: matt kalil's wiki page
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Kalil

edit: ah dang it got fixed

It was Speedbump McGee, wasn't it?

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

A.o.D. posted:

It was Speedbump McGee, wasn't it?

yeah you can see it if you look at older versions

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Uh well first off because Seattle is a known dirty piece of poo poo team doesn't mean Jacksonville needs to be taking shots at other teams that haven't done anything to them.

Why don't you guys try to injure the Seattle players and do the league an actual favor?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

pasaluki posted:

Uh well first off because Seattle is a known dirty piece of poo poo team doesn't mean Jacksonville needs to be taking shots at other teams that haven't done anything to them.

Why don't you guys try to injure the Seattle players and do the league an actual favor?
Considering that this is the first time anything of this magnitude has happened this year I would like to hope that it was the exception, not the rule, for these players on this team. I think its unfortunate and regret that it happened, but its not like I can speak for the team or players about it so I'm just providing my perspective as a fan who has watched most of every Jaguars game this year: I have not seen this kind of behavior from the Jaguars defense before and i do not think that they deserve being labeled cheap shot artists after one intense game. Like Coldforge said... they are young, stupid, and undisciplined, not dirty.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

If this all feels mean and unfair to you now, you're in for a real shock if your team ever wins a championship. All aboard the hate train, toot toot!

(It's totally worth it for everyone to hate you if your team is winning though.)

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Hey gang!

I'm pretty sure Bortles is the first QB to win a playoff game where they rushed for more yards than they passed. I'm having trouble checking this. Is there a list of the fewest passing yards in playoff games, or a list of the most rushing yards by a qb in a playoff game? The best I can find is a list of all positions and their top rushing yards, but only like 1/50 of those is a QB

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

sean10mm posted:

If this all feels mean and unfair to you now, you're in for a real shock if your team ever wins a championship. All aboard the hate train, toot toot!

(It's totally worth it for everyone to hate you if your team is winning though.)

Word. The Broncos are not dirty at all and everyone is just a jealous beta bitch.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Word. The Broncos are not dirty at all and everyone is just a jealous beta bitch.
For me the funniest moment from 2015 is when Von Miller speared Alex Smith in Kansas City long after the whistle blew because he couldn't stop his momentum

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Drunk Nerds posted:

Hey gang!

I'm pretty sure Bortles is the first QB to win a playoff game where they rushed for more yards than they passed. I'm having trouble checking this. Is there a list of the fewest passing yards in playoff games, or a list of the most rushing yards by a qb in a playoff game? The best I can find is a list of all positions and their top rushing yards, but only like 1/50 of those is a QB

Looks like Vick @ Rams in 2005 is the only other one

https://www.pro-football-reference....order_by=player

Hah, actually I should have considered pre merger

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/195012170cle.htm

t a s t e fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Jan 8, 2018

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Drunk Nerds posted:

Hey gang!

Blake Bortles Facts has you covered:

https://twitter.com/BortlesFacts/status/950147102709026817

https://twitter.com/mikenapier2/status/950147416493355008

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

sean10mm posted:

Well yeah, if this poo poo keeps up and becomes the norm, or the team wins a championship then gently caress all ya'all, get tough bitches. But until then I will kneejerk just as hard in the other direction when people use a few plays in one game as their sample size for something dumb.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Thanks a bunch

Also, followed Blake Bortles FActs

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

Let's not forget the role of the offensive line and receivers played either. I certainly think we can do better than Tyrod, but I definitely don't trust the team to pull it off. And if the FO and coaching staff are going to take the tack that Tyrod's the ONLY issue(which they seemed to be trying when they benched him for Peterman), then we're straight hosed.

Seriously, if they never started Peterman, and didn’t trade away 2 decent WRs for peanuts pre-season, imagine what the Bills would’ve done.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Jonathan Fisk posted:

What about one of Kaepernick Green Bay Playoff games?

Edit: nevermind, when he ran for 181 yards he still threw for 230 yards.

Why doesn't he have a job again?

Flikken fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Jan 9, 2018

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Not quite, but holy poo poo that statline

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201301120sfo.htm

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Flikken posted:

What about one of Kaepernick Green Bay Playoff games?

Edit: nevermind, when he ran for 181 yards he still threw for 230 yards.

Why doesn't he have a job again?

30 owners voted for Trump

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

No Butt Stuff posted:

30 owners voted for Trump

I assume the other two were too busy snorting lines off prostitute rear end to vote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Coldforge posted:

I assume the other two were too busy snorting lines off prostitute rear end to vote.

One of us is a collective, that in all likelihood, the majority of which voted for Trump.

• Locked thread