Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

a cartoon duck posted:

I guess it's a petty complaint given Dragon Ball's track record with girlfriends to begin with but it's still silly the most noteworthy thing they could think of for a female character's bio is "does a male character's chores".

Nah, I agree, it's really lame that she went from badass resistance leader, doing her absolute best despite having no supercombat abilities, to that awful description. At the same time, I doubt she'll really matter here, from what I've seen of the storyline in Heroes translations and the PVs she just disappears completely after they enter the Prison Planet, though I'm not sure if that's better or worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
No doubt at some crucial moment of battle we'll get a glimpse of her monologuing about how totally loving awesome Trunks is and that memory will inspire him to do something badass.

Maybe even attain a new level of angry and glowy.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0RRVVQWs0I

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Vegito good, Trunks good

Game: good

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Vegito is a blast to play as. Good dlc.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
How’s the new mobile game? Or is there a different thread for that

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I'm extremely glad the Spirit Sword made it in as a Dramatic Finish.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

lol at Vegito's 'dramatic finish' being the move that completely whiffed, achieved nothing and immediately broke his fusion

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

a cartoon duck posted:

it's cool and good they took dystopic future resistance leader mai and turned her into trunks' maid

On one hand I agree on the other considering what Beerus is like "cooking ability" is probably the most useful skill in the universe to have.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

zelah posted:

It's a cool Xenoverse light type of game.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

zelah posted:

I like it enough, have to wonder if this is the game they'll focus on instead of making Xenoverse 3 since there's at least one character (Pikkon, who's name is misspelled) that wasn't in any Xenoverse game.

Don't think there's a thread for it, but my code is h6rfmv37 if anyone wants to add me.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Nah this ain't replacing anything.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Momomo posted:

Don't think there's a thread for it, but my code is h6rfmv37 if anyone wants to add me.

I'm qvwfj3pu

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
The gameplay is ok, PvP is mostly "whoever uses their dodge first loses", but the story has some entertaining moments. The game's also in an early stage right now, there's only 1 Super Saiyan in the game so you see some actual character variety in a lot of teams. The strongest character in the meta right now is Raditz-era Piccolo.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
This doesn't have much to do with DBZ but I'm goign to post it here anyway haha.

Randomly clicking around on twitter and I found this movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMX5QLMGDac

Realised the female lead's VA sounded familliar and it turned out to be Hiromi Tsuru, plus somehow an anime about a Penguin sufferieing PTSD from the Vietnam war was really good.

Also, Goku.

Caros
May 14, 2008

multijoe posted:

lol at Vegito's 'dramatic finish' being the move that completely whiffed, achieved nothing and immediately broke his fusion

As opposed to Trunks', which caused Zamasu to evolve into his final JRPG form.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

He wouldn't be a true Sayian if he didn't let him go through all his forms.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Caros posted:

As opposed to Trunks', which caused Zamasu to evolve into his final JRPG form.

Trunks came as close as was possible to 'killing' Zamasu and also bisected his dick, the Final Kamehameha was a damp squib of an attack that had as much impact of one of Vegeta's rage volleys.

What I'm trying to say is it's over a year later and the end of Vegito's battle still pisses me off

Caros
May 14, 2008

multijoe posted:

Trunks came as close as was possible to 'killing' Zamasu and also bisected his dick, the Final Kamehameha was a damp squib of an attack that had as much impact of one of Vegeta's rage volleys.

What I'm trying to say is it's over a year later and the end of Vegito's battle still pisses me off

True. I didn't like the manga version either, but at least there they had the common decency to cut in the middle of the kamehameha, rather than having it amount to a spitball.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Caros posted:

True. I didn't like the manga version either, but at least there they had the common decency to cut in the middle of the kamehameha, rather than having it amount to a spitball.

That's even worse, because it accomplishes the exact same thing but with a lot less flash. The Final Kamehameha was very cool even if it accomplished nothing.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Blaze Dragon posted:

That's even worse, because it accomplishes the exact same thing but with a lot less flash. The Final Kamehameha was very cool even if it accomplished nothing.

Nah, it makes for a better punchline, is a good callback and adds a bit more drama to the scene. Having them separate right when they have the fight 'won' is better than having them follow up the kamehameha by wiffing on a punch.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

why doesn't hit smile when he faces vegito in fighterz...

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Probably because he has no idea who Vegito is

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

Blaze Dragon posted:

It at least hosed him up and made Trunks know for a fact he wasn't unbeatable. Then he cut in in half.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
DBZ fan film out of China: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVYdwTGSAnw

An impressive level of "give a poo poo" was put into this and it still kinda looks goofy as hell.. Worth a watch though. Cell is impressive.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

New Leaf posted:

DBZ fan film out of China: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVYdwTGSAnw

An impressive level of "give a poo poo" was put into this and it still kinda looks goofy as hell.. Worth a watch though. Cell is impressive.

Uhhhh, there's like a full orchestra that did music for this, what looks like a huge cast, special effects team, etc. How has this not been stamped out of existence by Toei?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
China.

Just, you don't gently caress with China in a legal area. It's not going to go well

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
You know how the US has the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, and Coast Guard?

China has one just for hackers.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

They really needed to get someone lantern-jawed dude for Perfect Cell. He just doesn't look right with that narrow face and pointy chin.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

china's approach to copyright law can best be described as "lol"

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Trying to remember that one weird MMO that a chinese team did that had characters from one-piece and an imported PS3 model of Kratos in the same picture

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Chinese copyright: Right to Copy.

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt
China don't care

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Copyright is bullshit anyway.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012
So I might be mistaken but I remember the guy who drew the Yamcha Reincarnation manga drew a Yamcha Chiaotzu fusion that looked cool but I can't seem to find it anywhere, anyone have it or am I just crazy?

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Any word on what will replace DBZ Kai after the last episode?

I hope it's GT :ohdear:

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Faustian Bargain posted:

I kinda want to see them try that. It'll make Black Clover look like SAO ratings-wise.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

they'll probably just rebroadcast the show from the beginning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.

Faustian Bargain posted:

They haven’t said if they’re even doing Buu yet. If they do keep going, I’d hope they’d do Super, because I’d much rather rewatch that than GT