Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Hammerstein posted:

If only. But I feel that in a few weeks they will tell Charlotte to tone down her crazy muscles and put her in a lingerie match.

Dunn: You know what Sasha needs?

Vince: ...

Dunn: She needs some TITS! *giggle*

Vince: ....ahaha!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

fatherdog posted:

If Owens wins the belt at Summerslam nobody is going to give a poo poo that he tapped at Battlegrounds, and if this is the last match of the Cena feud and he gets shuffled off to the undercard he'd be just as buried if he'd eaten a pin off the AAA.

cole has been very adamant for weeks now that this was the rubber match between the two

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

fatherdog posted:

If Owens wins the belt at Summerslam nobody is going to give a poo poo that he tapped at Battlegrounds, and if this is the last match of the Cena feud and he gets shuffled off to the undercard he'd be just as buried if he'd eaten a pin off the AAA.

I just don't see why they'd have him lose clean here if he is going to win it later. Why should Cena give him a rematch?

It's gonna be Kane/Rollins at summerslam I can feel it.

Also rip Seth and ref, teleported to hell

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Eh I thought Brie was fine, I only noticed the figure 4 screw up other than that she was fine as a way to transition and give Sasha/Charlotte rest

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Blasmeister posted:

Well the alternatives are Cena/Seth which means the Owens feud is over and there's nothing else for Cena to do, or Orton/Seth which would better wrestling wise but just as boring.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Dexo posted:

Eh I thought Brie was fine, I only noticed the figure 4 screw up other than that she was fine as a way to transition and give Sasha/Charlotte rest

I like the Charlotte was basically able to just muscle her into the right position

"You are NOT...going to BOTCH...my PPV debut!"

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Blasmeister posted:

I just don't see why they'd have him lose clean here if he is going to win it later. Why should Cena give him a rematch?

Also rip Seth and ref, teleported to hell

Owens gave Cena a rematch for no reason at MitB.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

fatherdog posted:

Owens is massively diminished coming out of tonight for no gain other than the possibility of extending the feud, which was both always on the table anyway and possible to extend through some run-in by Cesaro or whoever that didn't involve Owens, whose entire deal is that he's a tough, no-nonsense man's man, tapping out on Pay Per View.

I'm still wrapping my head around that finish. It's just stupidly bad for him.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Dexo posted:

Owens gave Cena a rematch for no reason at MitB.

Census takes on all comers. Owens could fight him til Christmas on those terms

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Nilbop posted:

Owens is massively diminished coming out of tonight for no gain other than the possibility of extending the feud, which was both always on the table anyway and possible to extend through some run-in by Cesaro or whoever that didn't involve Owens, whose entire deal is that he's a tough, no-nonsense man's man, tapping out on Pay Per View.

Cena is scared and jealous. that's why it happened.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

fatherdog posted:

If Owens wins the belt at Summerslam, nobody is going to give a poo poo. The iron has well cooled.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

RacistGuidingLight posted:

If Owens wins the belt at Summerslam, nobody is going to give a poo poo. The iron has well cooled.

When someone like John Cena is in the #2 movie in the country, you gotta ride it

edit: put the title on dave atell now

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

Nilbop posted:

All of this makes sense until you think about the possibility that Vince does not give one wet poo poo about Kevin Owens or his future on the main roster

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...
What a huge let down. This was the first time I actually got my girlfriend to sit down and watch wrestling, and she actually got invested in it. Then Owens lost and the main event didn't have a finish. I think she's done.

I actually really liked the main event, and it made me root for Seth. Lesnar is in such an interesting place right now, it's a shame to waste another match on 'Taker.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Shima Honnou posted:

you should probably not watch nxt that way it doesn't sting as much when balor taps to cena

If I don't watch WWE Cena doesn't exist.

Schrodinger's Rapidoo

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I see Undertaker is a Dolph Ziggler style of face. 'I lost cleanly so I'm going to stop you from winning your deserved world championship and kick you in the dick'

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Chokes McGee posted:

If I don't watch WWE Cena doesn't exist.

Schrodinger's Rapidoo

You've discovered the secret benefit of watching NXT - it's not RAW.

There's no dogshit commentary, there's no opening 20 minute Authority/Seth segment, there's no awful divas, there's no John Cena, there's no poisoning of previously working gimmicks, there's no Vince.

It's refreshing. It's not enough when you see what RAW continues to do to NXT stars, but it's something.

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009
NXT is pretty much the only reason I am still subbed to the network.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

StarkRavingMad posted:

I like the Charlotte was basically able to just muscle her into the right position

"You are NOT...going to BOTCH...my PPV debut!"

I couldn't help but read this in the voice of Kirk kicking Christopher Lloyd off a cliff.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

CubsWoo posted:

All of this makes sense until you think about the possibility that Vince does not give one wet poo poo about Kevin Owens or his future on the main roster

I'm sure Vince cares to some extent otherwise Owens would never have had that clean as a whistle win over Cena at a PPV which pretty much only Brock has also been able to do. Punk had distraction at MitB and Cena's foot was on the rope at SS, Bryan was fighting him when he had that elbow injury, Rusev low blowed him. The problem is Cena's character is written to almost never have real conflict to overcome and eat at him over a long term, he just Superman's his way through everything and the handful of times he doesn't he either brushes it off as no big deal or some extenuating circumstance points his direction elsewhere and the conflict is shelved or forgotten.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Ragnarok the Red posted:

I'm sure Vince cares to some extent otherwise Owens would never have had that clean as a whistle win over Cena at a PPV which pretty much only Brock has also been able to do. Punk had distraction at MitB and Cena's foot was on the rope at SS, Bryan was fighting him when he had that elbow injury, Rusev low blowed him. The problem is Cena's character is written to almost never have real conflict to overcome and eat at him over a long term, he just Superman's his way through everything and the handful of times he doesn't he either brushes it off as no big deal or some extenuating circumstance points his direction elsewhere and the conflict is shelved or forgotten.

The problem is he's being put in feuds and matches where his role is to put over new talent, while still being the #1 guy in the company for merch sales and star power and thus in a place where he must be protected. You can't have it both ways and WWE doesn't seem to realise it.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Ragnarok the Red posted:

the kids wont buy the cena towel if he is any thing less than an adonis god

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
IDK maybe Cena could decisively lose a feud more than once every three years or so and still stay over and sell merchandise? What do I know ratings are better than they've ever been and the Network is doing just fine so

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Love is a tiny lion holding a donut!

Wow, I literally have not seen or thought about this in 20 years and as soon as I did the lil jingle popped in my head.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

CubsWoo posted:

IDK maybe Cena could decisively lose a feud more than once every three years or so and still stay over and sell merchandise? What do I know ratings are better than they've ever been and the Network is doing just fine so

By several accounts when other wrestlers not as in-favour as Cena start to outsell him they artificially deflate demand by literally providing less merch to sell. I know this has been said about at least Punk and Rey, so God knows how legit the merch arguement even is anymore. It might just be that John is a company man, and they want everyone else to remember that this is the ideal guy.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Mukaikubo posted:

You're all wrong. Who's going to be headlining Summerslam with Rollins? We need a proven main event contender to shore up that weak millennial's buys, someone who just became a face so that it can be good vs evil as it must always be. Seth Rollins will come out first, and then-

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

ISSA BIGGGG SHOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWW

Search your feelings. You KNOW it to be true.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Randy is really working the crowd. Crowd getting hot and ready.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
gently caress yes is it anime curator watches the show on delay time already

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Anime Curator posted:

You're in for a good show friend.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

NickRoweFillea posted:

gently caress yes is it anime curator watches the show on delay time already

i am doing laundry so not so much but i liked the first mat--

time for new fday

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Anime Curator posted:

i am doing laundry so not so much but i liked the first mat--

time for new fday

this was my favorite match on the card because of how well the teams work together, i hope you like it a little bit!

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Xavier Woods is great during it so ramp up the volume so you can hear him!!!

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

MotU posted:

Xavier Woods is great during it so ramp up the volume so you can hear him!!!

i forgot to ask what the dinner was for tonight my man and i apologize for that

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

NickRoweFillea posted:

i forgot to ask what the dinner was for tonight my man and i apologize for that

i made saltimbocca and some mussels in garlic sauce

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Anime Curator posted:

Randy's hot tonight. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMSKUmBhLLk

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

brie almost joined her husband there :stare:

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

finally cena and owens

<--- me when i see cena

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
I got home late and was watching the replay but skipped over Bray/Roman. Is it worth watching at all or do they still have negative chemistry?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

AlmightyPants posted:

I got home late and was watching the replay but skipped over Bray/Roman. Is it worth watching at all or do they still have negative chemistry?

awful start, gets good, lol finish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

cool undertaker is back even though before the match i went to the website and they were already promoting summerslam and he was on there so I guess i ruined the surprise, oh well cool. tomb stoned lesnar twice and i hope he is on raw tomorrow

• Locked thread