Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon

Bisse posted:

Devil fruits make you drown in the sea but not lakes because the sea is Imu and he sucks your DF life force out.

But they make you drown in lakes too, as seen in Rainbase. And in deep enough pools as stated by Oda in an SBS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Devil Fruit Users drown at sea. They lose their powers once they're mostly submerged and are incapable of swimming. Many people say that the ocean or nature hates devil fruit users.

What if the sea is a bitch driven by spite?

It's not waiting for DF Users to fall in, the sea is rising, chasing after users. Not with like an intelligence, but it senses users and "goes up" as fast as it can to get all these stupid fruit assholes in the islands.

OR the really pesky assholes: IMU and the Five Elders for having specific fruits for way too long or something. Maybe even Skypeians also anger the ocean and is trying to reach them. Enel in the Moon makes the ocean want to rise all the way into the stratosphere, drown the whole orbit and then pull the drat planet until it can sink the moon and him with it.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

MorningMoon posted:

Devil Fruit Users drown at sea. They lose their powers once they're mostly submerged and are incapable of swimming. Many people say that the ocean or nature hates devil fruit users.

It's not waiting for DF Users to fall in, the sea is rising, chasing after users. Not with like an intelligence, but it senses users and "goes up" as fast as it can to get all these stupid fruit assholes in the islands.

OR the really pesky assholes: IMU and the Five Elders for having specific fruits for way too long or something. Maybe even Skypeians also anger the ocean and is trying to reach them. Enel in the Moon makes the ocean want to rise all the way into the stratosphere, drown the whole orbit and then pull the drat planet until it can sink the moon and him with it.

Man with Hat posted:

But they make you drown in lakes too, as seen in Rainbase. And in deep enough pools as stated by Oda in an SBS

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Aw gently caress

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
Devil fruits make you weak to water because they're weird.

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

Cat Machine posted:

The D stands for Drowned

This, and Joyboy’s failure was that he helped the Twenty Kingdoms take the Red Line so that everyone could be safe from the rising waters, only for the kings to betray them by keeping Maryjois for themselves. That’s why Joyboy had to apologize to the Fishmen (who found their own way to survive) and everyone else apologizes to him.

Fooma
Oct 15, 2010

nom nom nom
Maybe Imu is the original Joyboy (why it has the straw hat), and the Zoan Devil fruit is just the accumulation of dreams and legends of what Joyboy was thought to be.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Vermain posted:

i'm not actually sure that "devil fruits make you drown" needs much more of an explanation than "lineage factor." if we're in a world where the light of the moon can let minks go apeshit, then a devil fruit driving your lineage factor so off the evolutionary rails that anything that resembles the source of all natural life starts acting like poison is totally believable

thats how i read it as well. and vegapunk’s statement that “devil fruits are the result of people wishing to be certain ways” reads to me as a particularly convoluted way of saying “devil fruits are originally man-made”

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

if minks went to the moon with enel would they be sulong the whole time up there

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

oddium posted:

if minks went to the moon with enel would they be sulong the whole time up there

goku doesnt transform when he takes monster carrot to the moon so no

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
I'm curious to know if the Elders would get equally hosed up by the sea. They certainly seem to have Devil Fruits but we have no confirmation that those aren't just their true demonic forms. I'd love to see what happens if you dump Horse Gramps in the ocean.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Kild posted:

goku doesnt transform when he takes monster carrot to the moon so no

It wasn't a full moon when he went there

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

oddium posted:

Only at lunar noon. The moon's gotta be full from your perspective, after all.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

TGG posted:

I'm curious to know if the Elders would get equally hosed up by the sea. They certainly seem to have Devil Fruits but we have no confirmation that those aren't just their true demonic forms. I'd love to see what happens if you dump Horse Gramps in the ocean.

Saturn teleported to the island instead of just disembarking, even though he was already really close, it’s made me think there is some kind of reason for that, seems like a flashy way of traveling

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

Saturn teleported to the island instead of just disembarking, even though he was already really close, it’s made me think there is some kind of reason for that, seems like a flashy way of traveling

I assumed it was to look cool to look menacing to not destroy a ship with his giant spider form while making sure no one sees him

a lot easier to do that when you're doing a protracted summoning sequence for yourself

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

MorningMoon posted:

The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

i just assumed it was faster

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

if I could teleport I'd be using it constantly for trivial poo poo like going to the bathroom, the fridge, bed, etc.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

U-DO Burger posted:

if I could teleport I'd be using it constantly for trivial poo poo like going to the bathroom, the fridge, bed, etc.

not me. its like senshi says, if you always take shortcuts youll atrophy. i would teleport into womens bathhouses

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

I would never teleport because you don't know what mass you're putting into/thru your body. not even seeing the location is safe, flies, mosquitoes, dust, bad gasses etc .

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Despair brings the puttyknife down.

U-DO Burger posted:

My favorite character I ever made was in a super heroes rpg where I could be anywhere in 30 minutes. However, it took me 30 minutes to get anywhere. France, the moon, my bathroom, to the post office.

Teleporting owns.

Also, I’m curious if the elders can teleport anywhere, why haven’t they teleported to Laugh Tale and just destroyed it?

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Fooma posted:

Maybe Imu is the original Joyboy (why it has the straw hat), and the Zoan Devil fruit is just the accumulation of dreams and legends of what Joyboy was thought to be.

If the hat don't fit you must acquit.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Lpzie posted:

I would never teleport because you don't know what mass you're putting into/thru your body. not even seeing the location is safe, flies, mosquitoes, dust, bad gasses etc .

fantasy teleporting doesn't have to worry about telefragging or wall splicing cmon

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

If I am teleporting using giant gently caress off magical sigils they better be clearing the room for me!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

PuttyKnife posted:

Also, I’m curious if the elders can teleport anywhere, why haven’t they teleported to Laugh Tale and just destroyed it?

Based on what little we've seen, my assumption is that they can only do long distance teleporting when they're summoning one another

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
Happy birthday, Kaido!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i got him a present it's lava

bog savant
Mar 15, 2008

unending immaturity
the gradual building of BB into the ultimate image of the 'classic' pirate is so cool...there's no way he's not gonna be the character with the eyepatch, and he's probably getting Croc's hook too somehow

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

bog savant posted:

the gradual building of BB into the ultimate image of the 'classic' pirate is so cool...there's no way he's not gonna be the character with the eyepatch, and he's probably getting Croc's hook too somehow

Perhaps he’ll have a smoking beard by the end, too. Always thought it was jumping the gun for him to be called Blackbeard with his pre-timeskip neckpubes.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Gotta get the peg leg too

E: and a parrot with a df

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Blackbeard getting progressively hosed up as the series went along would have been neat.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
chapter..........

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Star Platinum posted:

Happy birthday, Kaido!

more like death day

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

Gotta get the peg leg too

E: and a parrot with a df

In a stunning twist, it turns out to be Hattori with a Parrot-Parrot fruit

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

There's no chapter this week, yeah?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
https://x.com/newworldartur/status/1785676258526847479

Bad news: Another break after next chapter

Good news: Early scans in a few days

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

the Grace of D

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
Chapter!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Despair brings the puttyknife down.
My chaps are ter’d