Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
*punches a hole in the wall*

This is the best show!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
you rear end in a top hat
the dungeon cleaners just fixed that

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Electric Phantasm posted:

I love stories like these.

Me too, it's always fun to hear from the art side what things were fun to create (and maybe thet had so much fun drawing they became a bigger part of the story like Chip from Disney's beauty and the beast movie) and what things were just so irritating to keep drawing the artist removed them from the story entirely.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I can't find the page now, but in another Dream Diary Kui talked about how she completely gave up on drawing backpack straps by like the third chapter.

Even in the anime, nobody is wearing straps. The packs are just hovering on their back. Clearly some sort of convenient magic :v:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Begemot posted:

I can't find the page now, but in another Dream Diary Kui talked about how she completely gave up on drawing backpack straps by like the third chapter.

Even in the anime, nobody is wearing straps. The packs are just hovering on their back. Clearly some sort of convenient magic :v:

I mean I didn't even notice until you pointed it out so not drawing straps was definitely the right move.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
drat, now I'm gonna notice it

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

Whitenoise Poster posted:

Only tangentially related to team dad chat but did you know Kui very briefly planed to draw Chilchuck with a bunch of gray hairs but gave up on that almost immediately because it was a pain to draw over and over.

edit: and by "briefly" and "immediately" I apparently mean it lasted for the first three chapters.

relevant:

SexyBlindfold posted:

spoiler posting = forbidden
anime posting = allowed
fanart posting = mandatory

[source]

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

You know she's a true cat from eating food too fast, choking on it, spitting on people while choking on the food, and then hitting people with her tail without a care in the world. True cat power.

Lazy Fair
Sep 23, 2019
Fun bit of anime-only speculation in this video based on the last episode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPAJ2pXyV_k

don Jaime
Apr 3, 2004
Edit: Guess I can't post fanart from twitter....

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

don Jaime posted:

Edit: Guess I can't post fanart from twitter....

?

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
https://twitter.com/tentenchan2525/status/1789565037226741803?s=19

He didn't finish off all the nightmares

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I started binging thus show a few days ago with my sister and we're appreciative that a Trigger anime isn't lewding teenage girls for once. Bears are okay to lewd.

It's extremely cute, and then horrific, and then cute again.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
This part of the story always gets to me. No one wants to outlive their pet birdy. Poor Pippi. I wonder if a bird was chosen by Ryoko to demonstrate Marcille's comparatively slower aging, seeing as parrots are generally long livers

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Question: I've seen a couple people mention in the thread that Chilchuck's got a kid. Did they mention that in part of an episode I somehow zoned out through or is it like a manga spoiler that everyone's just given up trying to spoil?

VVV: ah, well in the sake of fairness I will add tags to my post VVV

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 23:52 on May 12, 2024

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

the latter

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Plant MONSTER. posted:

This part of the story always gets to me. No one wants to outlive their pet birdy. Poor Pippi. I wonder if a bird was chosen by Ryoko to demonstrate Marcille's comparatively slower aging, seeing as parrots are generally long livers

Marcille being traumatized as a child by her pet bird also ties into Falin currently having feathers and wings after Marcille tried to bring her back to life.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Plant MONSTER. posted:

I'm more sad that Pipi turned out to be an actual bird and Marcille wasn't raised by a throuple.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

TwoPair posted:

Question: I've seen a couple people mention in the thread that Chilchuck's got a kid. Did they mention that in part of an episode I somehow zoned out through or is it like a manga spoiler that everyone's just given up trying to spoil?

The anime thread is a hellhole of unwanted spoilers.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Marcille being traumatized as a child by her pet bird also ties into Falin currently having feathers and wings after Marcille tried to bring her back to life.

Not quite.

The feathers are a consequence of the Mad Mage jury rigging her back into what he considered suitable. Marcille had nothing to do with that. That ain’t even a spoiler that’s something we’ve already seen.

chrome line
Oct 13, 2022

Captain Oblivious posted:

Not quite.

The feathers are a consequence of the Mad Mage jury rigging her back into what he considered suitable. Marcille had nothing to do with that. That ain’t even a spoiler that’s something we’ve already seen.

Yeah but that doesn't actually change the fact that the parallels are still there

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Captain Oblivious posted:

Not quite.

I was talking more about symbolic parallels rather than what literally happened in the story. Marcille has bird death related trauma, and now her previously dead girlfriend is back and looking like a giant bird.

chrome line posted:

Yeah but that doesn't actually change the fact that the parallels are still there

This dude gets it.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

TwoPair posted:

the first time I saw it posted I kinda hoped it was interpreted as a joke and figured ignoring it would be safer than going "HEY THE ABOVE POST IS A SPOILER"

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Ironically, (fake spoiler) when her childhood bird died, she revived THAT with forbidden ancient magic and it turned into a murderous chimeric abomination, too

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

https://twitter.com/latebirdwakeup/status/1761776123153956893?s=19

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Clarste posted:

The anime thread is a hellhole of unwanted spoilers.

I mean say what you will there's definitely been people getting too excited and talking about too much, but this thread is still leagues better than like 20 seconds on twitter or the tumblr tag or the drat youtube recommendation sidebar.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Top Left: "Rectangular Elf Tribe"
Top Right: "Triangular Elf Tribe"
Bottom left: "Basic. Stands with legs together."
Bottom right: "Stands with legs wide apart."

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
Deedlit should be Reverse Triangular Elf Tribe with those shoulder pads.

don Jaime
Apr 3, 2004

I can't get the fanart to load here. Maybe it's a locked account, let me try a different one.

https://twitter.com/Dm_kitsune_/status/1781664793650401540

Okay, that works. Trying this one:

Nope. Sorry, locked account!

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

DrSunshine posted:

Western elves be like:

Eastern elves be like:

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
I know it's bait but it's all I can do to not bite.

also missing the trapezoidal and chevron elves.

Lazy Fair
Sep 23, 2019
Another interesting bit from Laios' nightmare, he used to be a soldier but quit? ran away? deserted?

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Going by his dream flashback he just doesn’t like/feel liked by his parents at all and just took the first chance he could to dip since Falin would presumably have been at magic school. He doesn’t exactly scream “soldier” in any way other than combat ability which is why I suppose he didn’t do so great there either.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

DrSunshine posted:

BETA

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Poor Falin
dogs too big and rough, i know how that goes, (i got a scar)

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Lazy Fair posted:

Another interesting bit from Laios' nightmare, he used to be a soldier but quit? ran away? deserted?

I want to say it was mentioned way back during the ghost episode or another one going into his and falin’s pasts that he left home real young to be a soldier but quit to be a gold stripper/adventurer around the time Falin left school.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Ryoko Kui is so good at drawing dogs. :3:

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Hihohe posted:

Poor Falin
dogs too big and rough, i know how that goes, (i got a scar)

Should've put more effort into imitating them

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

new preview out for next ep on kadokawa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Alan Smithee posted:

new preview out for next ep on kadokawa

Tldr more kitty