Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

What a good little flier, comin for a visit :kimchi:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Mr. Budge can officially find me in other rooms of the house :3:

:kimchi:

I love that slow motion. It hangs in the air while it scans inside the room for you so it could continue on it's original path if you were not there.

Indoor flying that birds learn is so interesting because they are so much more nimble.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
Sometimes, since my bedroom is pretty dark, he doesn't quite see me despite hearing me so he'll fly in, do a circle, and fly back out while either screaming or calling out.

Although I don't think it's so much to see ME as it is to see my tablet.

He has to be on top of anything I'm using: tablet, phone, books, pencils, expensive alcohol based markers (which I now use in my room with the door shut for his safety). Oh god, plates and bowls.

"Bird no, I've watched you poo on my arm and then you accidentally stepped in the poo and refused to accept my help removing the poo and instead scurried onto the new uphosltery, which is fine, material possessions are not my priority, and track the poo bits everywhere, do not land on my bowl please oh okay fine just start drinking my soup... Sure stick your whole head right in there. Have at it."

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

https://twitter.com/ravenmaster1/status/1068567011930894336?s=21

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer

I want this guy's job

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fLvvYO_C5U

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

Faerie Fortune posted:

terra has decided that his new favourite thing to do with any toy that has a hole in it is to flip it up over his head and wear it as a fancy hat/necklace

A bird WILLINGLY wearing a necklace?

My heart...just melted... :3:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Has sound.

https://i.imgur.com/xj5oVsQ.gifv

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uM7sdWS0i4

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Captain Log posted:

A bird WILLINGLY wearing a necklace?

My heart...just melted... :3:

he's quite happy to wear a hair tie but try to put him in his flight harness and he flips his poo poo, I don't understand birds

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Just cockatiels being cockatiels but drat if it isn't cute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7z_3AbGuWkY

Horn of Arby's
May 30, 2004
what? no catfood?

Pico says hi.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
I'm going to make a special hairdresser's/barber where you go to get your scalp groomed by a bird and massaged by little birdy feet. It will be the most relaxing experience ever.

We will still have to employ humans to wash your hair afterwards because the birds will poop in your hair.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

skin cleaning by tiny cockatiel beaks picking at any dried up acne or other weirdness

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Potato Salad posted:

skin cleaning by tiny cockatiel beaks picking at any dried up acne or other weirdness

Crouton tries to do this but she is a very aggressive groomer and it just ends in bloodshed :negative: She also has a special hatred for freckles.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

my babies also hated freckles

they were very gentle, it was the most amazing thing

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

I think Sera finally worked out that freckles are just what I look like. He rarely tries to pick them off, now.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
One of my many worries stopping me from trying out bird ownership is the fact I have lots of skin tags, and given the stories in here about things like freckles and whatnot I worry I'd be dead from blood loss inside a week if I get a particularly caring bird who wants to keep me clean. :gibs: I guess I'll just keep vicariously living through ya'll.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
https://i.imgur.com/R9WvREn.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/dnszrMB.mp4

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

Not embedding this because you really need speakers to appreciate it.
https://imgur.com/gallery/sU2nomu

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Sera just asked me for a shower.

In true cockatiel fashion, he did this by flying into the bathroom and yelling until I came in and asked him, "what, did you want a shower?" He gave me a happy chirp. I picked him up and said, "Okay, let's go get Ozzy," because Ozzy was flipping out about not being able to see either of us and has not yet dared the danger of flying down the hallway, so as far as he was concerned, he was just alone, and we were gone forever, and he was gonna die. Asked Ozzy if he wanted a shower, he thought about it, and agreed to step up on my hand (Sera gave him an encouraging chirp while he was obviously deciding whether or not he did want a shower, and whether that was worth the horror of being picked up, which he is... not always comfortable with). We all had a shower. The boys are having some post-bath millet, and Ozzy is singing because he's just so drat happy about millet, sometimes.

Sometimes, I feel really overwhelmed by them, like when they're unhappy and I don't know why and they won't stop yelling and I can't think. There's been some hammering in a nearby apartment lately and they are just miserable about it. But then we have these moments that just feel like complete conversations, even if we're talking two different languages, and it's amazingly rewarding. My good sons.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

RoboRodent posted:

Sometimes, I feel really overwhelmed by them, like when they're unhappy and I don't know why and they won't stop yelling and I can't think. There's been some hammering in a nearby apartment lately and they are just miserable about it. But then we have these moments that just feel like complete conversations, even if we're talking two different languages, and it's amazingly rewarding. My good sons.
Parrots are as frustrating as they are rewarding, much like I imagine kids are :v: They sound like good boys.

Lovebirds.jpg:

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

God, I love these googly-eyed bird comics. They're perfect.

Here is Ozzy, posing as he sings with joy because he ate and is full and life is good. He's been with me almost a year now. He's still not really 100% tame, but he's come really far from how incredibly broken he was when I got him.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Charlie and I are still kinda working on our relationship... but only in the sense he still has to be a TOUGH GUY when my boyfriend or Amadeus are around, and he vigorously pretends he's not truly a huge marshmallow when he's operating solely for me.

Meanwhile he gets crazy-eyed as soon as Ama and Alex are in the other room and I give the barest inkling of offering scritches.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

As long as he's being a dumbass interested in the keys on my keyboard, might as well stage a lil pic

https://twitter.com/niceoneWern/status/1069941713060401152

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Oh to have a bird with a sense of shame

Boggle goes out of his way to make eye contact when he decides to have a wank

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Things Terra has done this week:

chewing on my stitch markers

introducing himself to a friend I crocheted for him

being acutely aware of how adorable he is

preening! he still won't bathe though, the goddamn gremlin

being upset because I ate all the quavers before he could

helping me play league of legends

and finally, after a long hard day of being a baby bird...

....napping on my shoulder :kimchi:

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
How not to be seen

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Jose Oquendo posted:

How not to be seen

yessss

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Jose Oquendo posted:

How not to be seen

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Remember commander, we are watching

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

--Mr. Bitey

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Current Teddy status: molting and uncomfortable 😣

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I wish I had a tiny work friend

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

That side eye is just daring you to try something, anything buddy.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Handcave nap time while I conference call.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

He's so tiny! :kimchi:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

I love him so much