Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

His Wreck It does less % damage and worse DPS than unawoken, but gains Remove Buffs.
Unsealed lost Ignores Defense (which is a lot bigger than you'd probably think) but gains guaranteed crit.
No more Crit buff passive (this does literally nothing anyway though).

He's not really worse and is in fact pretty much mandatory for best scores on Lubu or CR Rudy. It's more that, without the red-text, he's basically in-line with his unawoken version, some buffs and some nerfs.

People are really, really not happy about specializations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
i'm at least hoping ruri's hyper-specialization allows for brainless hell

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Clawtopsy posted:

i'm at least hoping ruri's hyper-specialization allows for brainless hell

I think only brainless thing is to not awaken ruri and I have a 40 fully unlocked ruri :smith:

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!
http://www.mobirum.com/article/detail?cafeId=sevenknights&bbsId=719&id=784914

Huh a whole new feature to Global that doesn't seem like total rear end???

Looks like a lite system similar to the Potential thing KR got in 3rd year anniversary

You send dudes on adventure to get Souls and open up sphere grids for stats

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Level 34 requirement is really nice, too. I guess I'll need more pets.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!
I do like that, they are defending the lovely red text awakening with "trying to be different than KR"

I don't think people care about being different than KR, they just annoyed they are such terribly designed and overall lovely (with the same Awk Shard Costs). Yuri is different than KR and for the better, since she is actually an upgrade and useful in more than 1 mode.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

New Hidden Master: Miho! Guaranteed with 50 pulls. Both skills hit twice against three enemies with the highest attack. One electrifies, the other reduces buff duration by 3 turns and gives 25s cooldown increase. Awakened skill is a formation randomizer, three hit, with piercing. Has the Rin/Jake 12 hit void shield and gives debuff immunity two times, not turns. Looks like PVP hell to me! (although nothing will pass Khalan's dodging skills for true PVP suffering)

New Miho Missions like the last crusader ones with some gear and unlockers available too.

Threw a random team together for a 36h exploration, they must be 6* but even on exploration it looks like you can use them in other content (or at least Adventure Mode). Limit Breaks seem simple enough, get souls and cash to get more stats. The big stat upgrades require lv40. I only looked at a few heroes but they all have the same layout and big nodes (+350 HP, +80 def, +1 speed attack.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
I did 12 hours, I'll let you know what I get.

Also 1100 more rubies to go, close to that final mastery!!

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Oh hey I also had a free Miho in my mailbox too. At leas getting to lv32 and jewels for Miho shouldn't be too bad with the 50 summon Miho too! She can probably straight up replace Elysia/Spike with debuff immunity two times.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

I'm kind of on hiatus if that wasn't obvious, feel free to boot me from the guild if you run out of space or whatever.

Mild burnout plus not happy about specializations and all that.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
The guild is Sloven Goons or whatever?

Also my castle rush chest today had a Rachel :unsmith:

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

I'm kind of on hiatus if that wasn't obvious, feel free to boot me from the guild if you run out of space or whatever.

Totally understandable. Specialization has taken a lot of the fun out of team building for me when it is "use this unit, they get x1000 damage in this one mode!" awkwardly shoved in.

Dragongem posted:

The guild is Sloven Goons or whatever?

Also my castle rush chest today had a Rachel :unsmith:

We're SlovenKnights, we got a spot free so feel free to apply and wait for an officer to let ya in. Also Rachel is the best

sips
Oct 26, 2004

im gonna take me a nap on some dawg dirt
Can confirm, Rachel is great. I did a bunch of 8 hour explorations and got a piddly amount of souls which all arrive in your inbox when you cash them in. Annoyingly there's no "collect all" option for them so you just have to ham finger "collect" and "ok" a million times. The system itself seems pretty neat though. Anyone know what the cooldown is on heroes you've used for exploration? I'm guessing it's the same amount of time they went on the mission for but didn't see any obvious info about it in the client.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Applied as Dragongem!

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

This broke my heart

marxismftw
Apr 16, 2010

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Who else is gonna tell us how to play this obtuse game? /r/7kglobal?

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Sorry to repost, but could I jump in the goon guild please? (Dragongem). Thanks!

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

First day of Nu Mo Wang with Awakened Espada kicks butt. God's Judgement -> Infernal Redemption / Purge based on Big Bang or Bellowing Rage -> the other -> Espada can use Emancipating Wave for the sweet debuffs. I did Jupy | Rachel, Karma, A.Espada, Jake. The big thing is Big Bang knocking off Sniping Stance all the time, it's usually a defacto cooldown reset (once or twice NMW would follow up Bellowing Rage right after Sniping Stance) and I couldn't find a time for All Eyes on Me to have any sort of meaningful impact. Also damage was so low everybody but Jake survived to Extreme 2 for more damage.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Dropping Rachel for Lee Jung should get you a little more points. 3.7m with no WB items using Jupy | Espada, Karma, Lee Jung, Necalli
Necalli doesn't matter much anymore since Karma+Espada now (Necalli's skill has longer IGT so it's bad). Mainly using him so I can unequip his weapons. Same with Lee Jung, toss his weapons because they just waste time.

Main thing of note is you don't need to use Purge at all since normal attack + 2 enemy skills + Judgement gives you full bar. So if you get the 'bad' pattern do this instead:
Normal > God's Judgement > Big Bang > Sniper Stance > Bellowing > Redemption > Emancipating Wave > Jupy
Lets you get a shot off prior to the second Big Bang so that lets you get started a tad earlier. Both 'patterns' give virtually identical scoring results.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Dropping Rachel for Lee Jung should get you a little more points. 3.7m with no WB items using Jupy | Espada, Karma, Lee Jung, Necalli
Necalli doesn't matter much anymore since Karma+Espada now (Necalli's skill has longer IGT so it's bad). Mainly using him so I can unequip his weapons. Same with Lee Jung, toss his weapons because they just waste time.

Main thing of note is you don't need to use Purge at all since normal attack + 2 enemy skills + Judgement gives you full bar. So if you get the 'bad' pattern do this instead:
Normal > God's Judgement > Big Bang > Sniper Stance > Bellowing > Redemption > Emancipating Wave > Jupy
Lets you get a shot off prior to the second Big Bang so that lets you get started a tad earlier. Both 'patterns' give virtually identical scoring results.

Ppl in guild were using Kiriel and were saying it was more points than Lee Jung. Her buff doesnt stack with Jupy's so you use it after she runs out I believe.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Yeah that would definitely be the way to go if you have her. Lee Jung only helps a little bit on account of you having more issues with Big Bang than getting stuff off cooldown.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Good to know about Espada's awakening, I figured it would be like getting Shane to do hers (I open raids with Soul Slayer -> Fiendish Decree -> some filler unless Gaze stalled SS to <4s -> Soul Slayer to get her Awakening to appear). My Lee Jung is old junk too, every time I think about building him up somebody more important comes up. Or I forget all about him while feeding earth elements to further power up Hellenia and Jake. I'll have to experiment with what I've got.

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

A devnote regarding specialization.

Not much said but at least they're keenly aware of the dislike I guess. They'll continue to 'gather feedback' for a few more weeks, whatever that means. But for now what they gathered is:

quote:

- Once the awakening feature was added, the heroes’ existing skills get nerfed or are rendered useless.
- The hero that the majority of the players wanted for a certain position was filled by another hero or wasn’t as effective as they thought they’d be.
- Get rid of the specialized skills.

Other Cliffnotes are:

- Levelling heroes up to 46 will be faster(is there something in the Korean version for this?)
- They didn't forget about making raiding quicker, still on the table
- More Awakening Shards can be gathered through May's Calender and Alice's gift but whoops that costs money so we'll think about something

What they did NOT mention was the asinine inventory management. Put exploration and raid shards into an auto-loot box already!

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Huh, I wonder what they'll do to speed up to 46.

Anyone awakened Kyrielle? I'm debating it. I got blessed with two random Kyrielle draws and have enjoyed having her on my PVP team.

I currently have A. Jupy, Yuri, Hellenia, Shane, Elysia, Evan. Other options would be Ariel or Karin, though I'm not exactly sure where I'd slot in A.Karin and A.Ariel is a one trick pony from what I'm reading.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Sadly, I am in a pretty similar position to our good expert on the game, and I think I'm going to take a bit of a break from it. Burnout, boredom. Anyone who's super keen want to be the new guildmeister of sloven knights?

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Illiterate Clitoris posted:

A devnote regarding specialization.

Not much said but at least they're keenly aware of the dislike I guess. They'll continue to 'gather feedback' for a few more weeks, whatever that means. But for now what they gathered is:

Other Cliffnotes are:

- Levelling heroes up to 46 will be faster(is there something in the Korean version for this?)
- They didn't forget about making raiding quicker, still on the table
- More Awakening Shards can be gathered through May's Calender and Alice's gift but whoops that costs money so we'll think about something

What they did NOT mention was the asinine inventory management. Put exploration and raid shards into an auto-loot box already!

They have uh 2x chance to get double transcends. and Event/Pay fairy that levels a unit to 46 (think it was only special units that you could rent for a week not sure if they ever did that more than once)

Good sign they atleast listening to players on how big of a wetfart crusaders were

Dragongem posted:

Anyone awakened Kyrielle? I'm debating it. I got blessed with two random Kyrielle draws and have enjoyed having her on my PVP team.

I currently have A. Jupy, Yuri, Hellenia, Shane, Elysia, Evan. Other options would be Ariel or Karin, though I'm not exactly sure where I'd slot in A.Karin and A.Ariel is a one trick pony from what I'm reading.

I got a 46 kiriel I'm using, shes pretty good. Ignoring reflect is nice given Evan is back in style and shes chunks people.

If you're new go for Miho or Elysia first imo cause debuff immunity is the only cure for the muay thai knee kicks.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Dragongem posted:

Probably more XP. But you can always burn rubies for those levels anyway? I dunno.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Based on their wording they're just adjusting the 'leveling up', not 'transcending' part, but who knows with them. For leveling up I would just guess they would add a weekend thing to one of the mostly unused worlds that's double XP or such.

Dragongem posted:

A.Ariel is a one-trick pony definitely. Not even very useful for Abyss since her buff is on her awakening.
Karin is basically mandatory if you want to build a Tank team (which gives you a billion other requirements first), but other than that she's mostly pretty useless. Leo's better for CR in her role. She can be useful for certain things in Abyss though.
Snipper is also mandatory for top 200 ID teams, also is useful for Abyss on a LOT of days so far so he's a good candidate for PvE stuff.

Otherwise probably Klahan or Kyrielle make the most sense. Kyrielle especially right now due to her being good for NMW.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I burn out on this game like once a month, all the daily poo poo and the interface lag just grinds me down. I still log in to get the next special selector closer and maybe I'll auto CR or something but that's about it. Last time I even had a 5* selector disappear in to the void because I put off bothering to see who to pull with it :retrogames:

I once thought about awakening Ariel for CR Rudy but before I did anything stupid I realized AoE Rush wasn't worth losing DP for. Without DP and with Rudy's targeting shenanigans Jupy eating enough to get stunned would tank my CR score. Plus I don't think I've had my Rush miss Rudy even with Rook having Enhance Stance up too, knock on wood.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Hello! Somebody put their hand up to be the SlovenKnights guild leader, please. I gotta promote you! Say your IG screen name.

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

BakaSA
You will come back though, right?

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Very probably. I'm a bit worn down on the cycle, though. It feels like I'm not may-king any progress at the moment, and I find myself just autoplaying everything

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
New Celestial tower floors, and another special hero summon hero that you're definitely not going to get (at least I'm not haha) are coming today!

Also a cutscene!!! Story!!!

Dragongem fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Apr 26, 2017

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I've been playing for months and never got the special hero summon :saddowns: It's been a great source for puzzle pieces though!

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

You pretty much just have to plan to buy out the whole board if you want to get the Special Hero Summon.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Yeah, that's what I figured. I'll just never have the 3600 rubies or so needed to actually buy it out. Now topazes, I got enough to clean it out twice over at this point!

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Scrublord Prime posted:

Yeah, that's what I figured. I'll just never have the 3600 rubies or so needed to actually buy it out. Now topazes, I got enough to clean it out twice over at this point!

Average is around 40-80 so its not as horrific as it sounds, but I have hit low as 32 and high as 89 so your results may vary

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Argh, I didn't get the special costume because I swapped guilds at the last moment and only got 9 coins =(

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

I am trying to promote BakaSA to guild leader - I am getting this message!

any ideas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
There is a setting baka has to change on his guild page to be able to let you promote him. it is something like "delegate:off" to on, right next to language settings in your SS.

• Locked thread