Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Have they given any indication as to the future of Jackass?

It's the PERFECT show for the streaming age. It's low budget and will get views. Viacom should be working with them on a new series for Paramount+. There should be specials and poo poo all the time. They film so much poo poo for these movies and other projects that there's probably a ton of content they could drop right now.

Even if Knoxville and the others aren't actively in the stunts or if Tremaine isn't directing, they could serve as producers and idea people while the young blood takes all the hits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

It wouldn't surprise me if there were ongoing negotiations. If so, I'd be willing to bet that they keep it hush hush until all the Bam poo poo gets settled.

edit; now that I think about it, Jackass in the theater with a crowd is the gentleman's choice. Maybe streaming isn't the way to go..?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Happy Hippo posted:

It wouldn't surprise me if there were ongoing negotiations. If so, I'd be willing to bet that they keep it hush hush until all the Bam poo poo gets settled.

edit; now that I think about it, Jackass in the theater with a crowd is the gentleman's choice. Maybe streaming isn't the way to go..?

You're right. The communal experience is a big part of it. But Jackass was a popular TV show as were the other shows from the cast so to me it would make sense to work on content for streaming services.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I think that considering how popular Forever was, if they weren't considering doing a show before, they sure are now

I would think there'll be some kind of limited series, they'll probably let the streaming services bid for it, and while one might be tempted to think they'd do mostly new cast stuff on it, I think that everyone had way too much fun coming back to not just keep doing it again.

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
As soon as I heard about it being available on Paramount+, I rushed to go get a free trial and my god, what an absolute joy. I really enjoyed several of the new folks - Rachel, Zach, and Poopies in particular. However, I will join the chorus and say that Ehren was by far and away the star. The sacrifice of his nuts for the joy of countless fans has earned him a special place in my heart. 

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
We didn't get Jackass in the theaters here so I just now got to watch it at home. I remember 3D being a bit more fun but it was still very good. Ehren definitely took the most punishment here, dear god. The other new people were also good, and it's nice to have a woman on the team too. No idea why Johnn keeps doing the bull stuff, it seems to be by far the most dangerous and unpredictable stunt, like you can't guarantee the bull won't just poke you in the eye with its horn.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

IBroughttheFunk posted:

As soon as I heard about it being available on Paramount+, I rushed to go get a free trial and my god, what an absolute joy. I really enjoyed several of the new folks - Rachel, Zach, and Poopies in particular. However, I will join the chorus and say that Ehren was by far and away the star. The sacrifice of his nuts for the joy of countless fans has earned him a special place in my heart. 

The Oscars should create a special award based around nut damage just for what he went through cause Jesus he can take a nut shot.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
The Beecock bit is just as visceral the second time around.

Ghosthotel
Dec 27, 2008

mobby_6kl posted:

We didn't get Jackass in the theaters here so I just now got to watch it at home. I remember 3D being a bit more fun but it was still very good. Ehren definitely took the most punishment here, dear god. The other new people were also good, and it's nice to have a woman on the team too. No idea why Johnn keeps doing the bull stuff, it seems to be by far the most dangerous and unpredictable stunt, like you can't guarantee the bull won't just poke you in the eye with its horn.

I think there’s an interview out there where he says he likes it specifically cus of the unpredictability, you are just facing a mountain of muscle that wants to kill you and you gotta do your best to take the hit. I also think in the same interview he said he was told that if he took another hit like that it would be fatal for him so he is hopefully retiring the bull stunts. Definitely a hell of a hit to go out on.

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005
well about that

https://twitter.com/BovadaOfficial/status/1510788622504669184

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
loving LMAO

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

I had no idea either of them were on that event. I guess I'll have to watch it now.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Jose Oquendo posted:

I had no idea either of them were on that event. I guess I'll have to watch it now.

the match is dumb fun but absolutely avoid everything else on the show (unless you want to see Vince McMahon’s barely shambling corpse take the worst Stone Cold Stunner in history, then you can find a clip of that and be covered)

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

the escape goat posted:

the match is dumb fun but absolutely avoid everything else on the show (unless you want to see Vince McMahon’s barely shambling corpse take the worst Stone Cold Stunner in history, then you can find a clip of that and be covered)

Just check out the Saturday show that has the Jackass match. The sunday stuff is dull and not worth the time, and yes you want to watch Vince sell the stunner in the worst way possible because right after it you get to have Pat McAfee with one of the best sells.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

precision posted:

I would think there'll be some kind of limited series, they'll probably let the streaming services bid for it

I think Paramount Plus sort of won that theoretical bid by default

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Jackass 4.5 May 20th on Netflix

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

Mob posted:

Jackass 4.5 May 20th on Netflix

And no word on it being on physical media anytime soon?

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Happy Hippo posted:

And no word on it being on physical media anytime soon?

I checked Amazon and there's no pre-order listing but they do have Jackass Forever on DVD and Bluray so there's a chance, but you never know if Netflix has like a 45 or 90-day exclusivity, sort of the reverse of when places like Blockbuster would have a couple months' window before something would be on PPV.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Congrats all, your posting power has willed it into existence

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/jackass-reboot-series-paramount-plus-1235256934/

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Mob posted:

Congrats all, your posting power has willed it into existence

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/jackass-reboot-series-paramount-plus-1235256934/

Well I guess we know Forever did quite well then!

I'd assume this would be primarily carried by the new crew, which is really the only feasible way at this point. I'm willing to see how it goes. One good thing is their being relatively unknown would let them more easily pull pranks in public again, which became virtually impossible with the original crew.

Hopefully some of the old guard stays on for bit pieces or cameos, or even as like, idea guys or peanut gallery. I'm sure they won't be completely absent.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

man nurse posted:

Well I guess we know Forever did quite well then!

I'd assume this would be primarily carried by the new crew, which is really the only feasible way at this point. I'm willing to see how it goes. One good thing is their being relatively unknown would let them more easily pull pranks in public again, which became virtually impossible with the original crew.

Hopefully some of the old guard stays on for bit pieces or cameos, or even as like, idea guys or peanut gallery. I'm sure they won't be completely absent.

Yeah I think if the old crew hangs out, comes up with ideas, and lets the young blood take boxing gloves to the nuts, it will be fine.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
the old crew can still do all the psychological stuff anyway. Silence of the Lambs was great

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea plenty of non-physical poo poo to do that's classic dumb jackass fun, let the young guys take an anti-personnel riot mine blast this go around, Johnny and the older crew can just mentally torture everyone.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
I'll watch more Poopies

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

beggar posted:

I'll watch more Poopies

love my boy Poopies

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

also you just know that if Steve-O is on set, even just as an ideas guy, you know he's going to do a stunt because he can't help himself.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Jose Oquendo posted:

also you just know that if Steve-O is on set, even just as an ideas guy, you know he's going to do a stunt because he can't help himself.

well you know what they say, if you're gonna be dumb...

poo poo i might spend the day watching all the movies again lmao

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Easy to imagine each episode beginning at a meeting with some of the original cast setting a theme or challenge for the others to greatly harm themselves with. Keep Knoxville as far away from bulls as possible, basically.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

I missed Rip Taylor in this one. :rip:

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
Jackass 4.5 is hitting Netflix tomorrow !!!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
im watching it rigt now!!!!!

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

precision posted:

im watching it rigt now!!!!!

I’m gonna do this too

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Gaz2k21 posted:

Jackass 4.5 is hitting Netflix tomorrow !!!

This is exciting news.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
that was SO GOOD drat just straight up a second new movie

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
The sashimi bit was genuinely awful, I was eating lunch and had to switch over to something else until I finished eating. I enjoyed it overall though, loved the skydiving prank on Dark Shark.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Only halfway through 4.5 but the funniest stuff is the COVID compliance meeting and Irving Zisman and his new caretaker. When she comes back with his coffee and he’s on the roof of the bus stop :lol:

I have always liked when they prank each other more than the nut shots and making GBS threads/puking stuff

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Cat Hassler posted:

I have always liked when they prank each other more than the nut shots and making GBS threads/puking stuff

It's why the high five is the best bit

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

LesterGroans posted:

It's why the high five is the best bit

:agreed:

And the sign in the hotel hallway in Jackass 2

They have learned to be hyper-vigilant at all times on set which makes it great when they pull stuff like that off

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Cat Hassler posted:

:agreed:

And the sign in the hotel hallway in Jackass 2

They have learned to be hyper-vigilant at all times on set which makes it great when they pull stuff like that off

It’s why Silence of the Lambs was the best bit in 4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
You know Silence of the Lambs is a good bit when Dave England said it was the worst experience he's had on set