Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
ORANGE VS AR 23 31.94%
PAC VS GRAVITY 1 1.39%
SWERVE VS DARBY 38 52.78%
BRITT VS TAYA 3 4.17%
THREE WAY TAG 7 9.72%
Total: 72 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

How do you know she's talking about Britt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
She's obviously talking about Riho.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones

Pylons posted:

Can't think of another female wrestler in AEW that fits "talent with too much power; talent denigrating each other; talent trash-talking potential employees so they never get in as soon as they walk in." Also, AEW All Access.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

She's talking about CM Punk actually

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Long-Time Lurker posted:

Can't think of another female wrestler in AEW that fits "talent with too much power; talent denigrating each other; talent trash-talking potential employees so they never get in as soon as they walk in." Also, AEW All Access.

LuFisto has had heat with Taya in the past and calling someone a "loving french canadian" is kinda weird if you aren't canadian yourself.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

Pylons posted:

LuFisto has had heat with Taya in the past and calling someone a "loving french canadian" is kinda weird if you aren't canadian yourself.

Edit: Whoops, read that wrong.

If she's referring to Taya herself, would that really make more sense? Taya had a bunch of other high-profile losses prior too and she only just joined the company.

Long-Time Lurker fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Jul 28, 2023

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Pylons posted:

I dunno any context about heat LuFisto has had with other people, but if you're gonna imply a talent is holding other talent in AEW down, people are gonna instantly snap to the most pushed talent in the history of the company. I would assume she knows when she says that, people are gonna assume she's talking about Britt.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
On the one hand Taya has been getting featured a lot, on the other hand she's also losing a lot, so I'm not really clear what they're doing with her.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

Just a random, potentially deranged thought: Earlier in this thread there was a discussion on why RoH's booking of the women's division is better than AEW despite having the same booker. Maybe it's because Britt doesn't care about what the other women are up to on the streaming show lol.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Long-Time Lurker posted:

Just a random, potentially deranged thought: Earlier in this thread there was a discussion on why RoH's booking of the women's division is better than AEW despite having the same booker. Maybe it's because Britt doesn't care about what the other women are up to on the streaming show lol.

Maybe Britt is the meddling WBD executive :aaa:

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Adam Cole and MJF really want to do a serious program but Britt is demanding WWE comedy

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Bitch. loving bitch!!! Just kidding.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
If I wanted to shake things up for the better in Dynamite’s women division I would simply book Athena to wreck fools until morale improves

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'd stop booking Britt for a couple months and see how well she regains heat when she's booked like anyone else in the division.

Regardless of whatever that person is implying, I think it would be a fun experiment.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The idea that the ROH women's division is better is really silly because the AEW division has way more good matches because it has more competitive matches and better talent. Athena and Willow just killed it and Athena has been great, but she's mostly in the same kind of match, which is good but there's typically one better match each week on AEW TV.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Was just thinking about TK getting final countdown for daniel bryan at forbidden door. So cool

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Long-Time Lurker posted:

Edit: Whoops, read that wrong.

If she's referring to Taya herself, would that really make more sense? Taya had a bunch of other high-profile losses prior too and she only just joined the company.

It's definitely not Taya. Taya wasn't there during LuFisto's one single match in the company.

(Bring LuFisto back you cowards.)

It's most likely either Britt, or...

...Bunny [i]no![/]

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

sleep with the vicious posted:

Was just thinking about TK getting final countdown for daniel bryan at forbidden door. So cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ku2mYBy83tE

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
anna jay ran brandi out, ran lufisto out, watch your rear end or anna will run your fave out of aew

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Vandar posted:

It's definitely not Taya. Taya wasn't there during LuFisto's one single match in the company.

(Bring LuFisto back you cowards.)

It's most likely either Britt, or...

...Bunny [i]no![/]

Why would it matter if Taya was there she is not going to develop a grudge off a one night appearance it's going to be based on reputation or previous interactions.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

rotinaj posted:

anna jay ran brandi out

She is a hero for this

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Emi Sakura's gimmick was a double-fake, she reigns over AEW as a queen, ruthlessly executing pushes wherever she goes. 😞

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Unless people are getting bitten or having chairs chucked at their heads as a result, this high school gossip drama is very boring.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I'm gonna be randomly thinking about MJF's Dax impression and laughing for like the next month lol

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

ah love this bizness

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

mah bebeh dodder

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

I was out of town for Blood and Guts so I went back to watch it and I’m pretty sure in the dance off Garcia is doing at least some of the Too Cool and Rikishi dance

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/LanceStorm/status/1684642415695781896?t=ce8M-gHW3OBxo_6nUG2kcg&s=19

lance is all in

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Chris Hero is now a full time salaried producer

Get that fat rear end in the ring TK

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I think one large factor why Dark and Elevation worked as developmental was specifically because they were free on youtube so there wasn't as much pressure to sell them as a product, and you could book however many squashes you wanted that still established wrestlers as a presence. When you see Abadon every week on youtube, it's easy to accept that Abadon suddenly gets called up to Dynamite for a match against the champ; even if you didn't watch the youtube shows all it took was for commentary to drop in "Abadon has been clearing house on Dark recently" and production to put "27-0" on the chevron. When there's nowhere to establish Abadon you're naturally using your limited-for-arbitrary-reasons TV time for one of the 5-6 wrestlers that are already established on TV.

For all that ROH has more women's matches it's still a product that they need to sell to subscribers, they can target more of a niche audience and have some more leeway but at the end of the day number won't go up if they book six womens' squashes on an episode on the reg.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Developmental doesn't have to squash matches, it can also be trios matches or comedy matches or both

Also make everyone pass a Joshi style ring test

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

GAEA girls but AEW

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I stand with the 'Eddie beats MJF at Grand Slam' posters

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
i am in the eddie beats mjf @ grand slam club.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

I also stand up for Kingston beating MJF for the title at Grand Slam

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Eddie beats MJF at All In.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

shortly before it turns out Punk's bad holds a Money in the Bank suitcase

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

supposed to say bag obvs but I can't silence the subconscious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I still think that Punk’s mystery bag contains several pounds of BBQ pulled pork.